BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer Most Likely Not Sacked

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a GB fan. To label anyone as a 'Rovers Fan' or 'Bowyerite' is pretty childish. No one is happy about where we are and I haven't read anyone saying that they are are a fan of Bowyer.

The point that I have made before is that why are people confident that Venkys will find anyone better? Their track record is Kean, Berg, Appleton and Bowyer. Not confidence inspiring.

It seems that you have to be desperate to see Bowyer go or get labelled as a GB fan. There is a middle ground. I don't believe that GB is the man to take us forward but Im genuinely worried about who Venkys might install in Bowyers place. What does that make me?

I'm not a GB fan. To label anyone as a 'Rovers Fan' or 'Bowyerite' is pretty childish. No one is happy about where we are and I haven't read anyone saying that they are are a fan of Bowyer.

The point that I have made before is that why are people confident that Venkys will find anyone better? Their track record is Kean, Berg, Appleton and Bowyer. Not confidence inspiring.

It seems that you have to be desperate to see Bowyer go or get labelled as a GB fan. There is a middle ground. I don't believe that GB is the man to take us forward but Im genuinely worried about who Venkys might install in Bowyers place. What does that make me?

Normal?

Trembler I think the description on here is :D

OK. You do the lies and I will do the stats and history.

Appleton sacked with Rovers 18th. 4 points above the drop zone.

1 draw and 2 defeats later Rovers were in the drop zone. No ifs no buts just facts.

OK. To show you how statistics can be manipulated.

K*** was sacked having taken us to 3rd in the Championship.

End of the season we finished 17th.

Your use of stats suggests that he shouldn't have been fired. Anyone who watched the games saw that we were very fortunate to have won those 4 games at the start of the season and the results would not continue. That squad was ill prepared for the championship.

Let me add some meat to your meaningless stat.

When Bowyer took over we had not won a game in TEN matches.

1 draw and 2 defeats later we were in the bottom 3. However we then won THREE games, DREW 2 and LOST 1 to survive. ( Two of the losses were against Watford who finished 3rd, Cardiff who finished 1st).

We were hurtling towards relegation but Bowyer turned it around. Using part of stats to re write history is what politicians tend to do!

A Rovers fan!

Obviously it'd be a risk getting rid of him for somebody new, but it's a risk I think we have to take.

This is the stupid argument I don't get.

You say GB isn't the man to take us forward. We are well over £100 milliion in debt. We lost £30 mill last published year. We are regressing on the pitch. We are now in the bottom 3. Tactics are permanently inept. We may survive this season with Rhodes but for how long? League 1 is looming.

The only way this can be avoided is getting a manager that can get more out of the squad on the pitch. It's a relatively easy gamble once you realise you've not much to lose.

Your use of stats suggests that he shouldn't have been fired. Anyone who watched the games saw that we were very fortunate to have won those 4 games at the start of the season and the results would not continue. That squad was ill prepared for the championship.

1 draw and 2 defeats later we were in the bottom 3. However we then won THREE games, DREW 2 and LOST 1 to survive. ( Two of the losses were against Watford who finished 3rd, Cardiff who finished 1st).

We were hurtling towards relegation but Bowyer turned it around. Using part of stats to re write history is what politicians tend to do!

Stats do lie. However Keans record over a sustained period cannot. Nor can Bowyers over the last 2 years.

In his first season GB did a brilliant job to avoid relegation. He deserved a crack the following season. Fair enough. It's not gone on too long and we are beginning to regress alarmingly.

1 draw and 2 defeats later we were in the bottom 3. However we then won THREE games, DREW 2 and LOST 1 to survive.

Kean wasn't sacked - he resigned. I don't believe for one minute that the Indians would have sacked him.

Sounds like you are suffering from Metathesiophobia to me

Kean engineered his own exit when all his ducks fell into a row. I do however think he knew damn well that he would have been ousted sooner or later so he bailed in a damage limitation exercise to try and make himself look the victim. Typical coco.

This is the stupid argument I don't get.

You say GB isn't the man to take us forward. We are well over £100 milliion in debt. We lost £30 mill last published year. We are regressing on the pitch. We are now in the bottom 3. Tactics are permanently inept. We may survive this season with Rhodes but for how long? League 1 is looming.

The only way this can be avoided is getting a manager that can get more out of the squad on the pitch. It's a relatively easy gamble once you realise you've not much to lose.

Stats do lie. However Keans record over a sustained period cannot. Nor can Bowyers over the last 2 years.

In his first season GB did a brilliant job to avoid relegation. He deserved a crack the following season. Fair enough. It's not gone on too long and we are beginning to regress alarmingly.

Agreed. I felt he should have gone a year and a bit ago.

I also feel that this is the closest that he has come to being sacked and a poor result vs Bolton may be the tipping point.

If I felt Bowyer was learning then I would lean towards keeping him but for 18 months he has shown a lack of tactical nous and the lack of a playing style.

I'm sure that there are several managers out there who can set a team up better than Gaz...I'm just not confident that IF they sack him, they will replace him with a better manager!!

Be careful what you wish for guys, there is a LOT further for us to fall...just have a look at Wigan for one!!

My biggest worry too, that they will get it horribly wrong again.

Rhodes goals saved us in 2012-2013

• Backroom

This is a really poor post.

When such a considerate and well-respected poster is being almost ritualistically hounded by a wind-up merchant as FB has proven (I'm yet to see a post of his that doesn't attack someone or is at least written in the context of debate), I reckon Parson is allowed a dig back tbh.

And for the record, I too disagree entirely with Parson.

yeah but it's all bowyer propaganda

..and what do you offer besides snide remarks?

Absolutely sod all FB. If Khod was out of bed his classic line would involve glass houses and stones.

Archived