BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer Most Likely Not Sacked

You mean some fans Neal, certainly a good number on the way back from Brighton tonight thought it was far too early to sack him.

How many did you ask, and how many of that is a good number?

You actually believe that this forum is the voice of the fans? Now I know you are having a laugh.

Wum

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You actually believe that this forum is the voice of the fans? Now I know you are having a laugh.

I don't believe we have a good enough squad since we got relegated. A decent squad but not a promotion squad.

Hang on, this forum is full of Rovers fans is it not? If you choose to ignore the opinions shared on here by fellow Rovers fans then that's just plain ignorance to suit your agenda.

You think any Bournemouth or Burnley fans genuinely believed that the season before they got promoted... Just shows how important getting the right manager is... Or we could just sit, wait and hope that Bowyer can miraculously become a leader and stop us conceding goals week after week.

I want to understand your point of view but I just can't. I envy the faith you have, I really do but I can't help but feel it's severely misplaced.

You actually believe that this forum is the voice of the fans? Now I know you are haviinto laugh.

That is where we differ. I don't believe we have a good enough squad since we got relegated. A decent squad but not a promotion squad.

A team last season that consisted of a 40 goal partnership, Kenny dalglish formed a pretty workmanlike side with 40 or 50 odd goal striker partnership into champions of England, a good manager could have got rovers promoted with that

That is where we differ. I don't believe we have a good enough squad since we got relegated. A decent squad but not a promotion squad.

This. I have a load of sympathy for GB. Hands have been tied, it's been a deadwood shifting exercise from the word go. It had to be. You don't spend £10m on Leon Best when you've been relegated and not expect repercussions. Murphy, Ethutu, £1.5m agents fees for a 400k signing, Andersons son. Kean. Berg. Singh. Oh let's go on and on and on. Mistake after mistake. What a mess. We all get it.

Yet we should just pretend none of this crap happened?

Moan that FFP wasn't designed to, bizarrely, protect clubs like ours? (Yet now does nothing but harm us). Cause if FFP was in place 5 years ago Blackburn Rovers would have been a far less attractive proposition to Jerome Anderson before he bought us. Sorry, before Venkys bought us, yet they just stick around chucking in 20 odd million a season for a laugh.)

It's all bowyer a fault. All of it. Yes he's brought in a load of players, he's having to balance the books. Never glamorous.

Yet, to answer you PB, I agree. The players ain't good enough. Cairney and King? Average at best. Gestede, he's a player. If Rhodes is a 14 million pound player then I'm a Dutchman. The rest of em? Nowt there. And if the Bank of India are reading, and I'm confident they're not, then pick your 100m out of that.

Why should he four games into a season. It's not has if we have been totally outplayed by anyone and today we were very unfortunate not to get some reward for a decent performance.

Parson--Kean used to go on about performances when we got no points. (And some used to criticise Sam when we played poorly but won didn't they?)

The history of relegation is full of such hard luck stories as we both know.

I think you will never, ever admit its time for Bowyer to go but it is.

Its not about the last 4 games its about the last 2 years. He's already had longer than the average tenure time as a manager. I won't pretend that all will be solved by his going as the root problems remain.

However I do not believe there is no-one we could find able to get more out of the squad than Bowyer does.

Personally I'd like to see him remain in a capacity more suited to his talents like Chief Scout. but doubtless that will not happen.

It's all bowyer a fault. All of it. Yes he's brought in a load of players, he's having to balance the books. Never glamorous.

Don't think anyone has said that it's all his fault. I appreciate you've posted an in depth post expressing your views but the I think what fans like me are saying is very simple... We're saying what we're seeing... What we're seeing is absolute garbage, it's a ship without a sail a needs some leadership which Gary Bowyer simply DOES NOT HAVE.

I can appreciate that it might not have been an easier job to take than another club but he knew the job at hand, took it and is being paid well for it. The Championship make no mistake, is a league to get out of if you want to sustain the costs of running a football club like ours... The the basic math shows that at this level Rovers is not sustainable. You have to challenge at this level and do the basics correctly which Gaz EVIDENTLY is not skilled enough to do.

He should be sacked or he should resign.

Why should he four games into a season. It's not has if we have been totally outplayed by anyone and today we were very unfortunate not to get some reward for a decent performance.

.....because we have 2 points out 12 and it's obvious to most people that we're already in a relegation fight ?

Old cliche I know but it's results that matter, not performances.

As for the Sun story, the reporter has merely looked at our results and put out a speculative story. They're known as "fliers" in the trade.

I would suggest Bowyer is no nearer the exit door than he's ever been.

bowyer and his representatives could very well be trying to get the owners to sack and pay him off(and they themselves could actually be the ones behind this evenings shenanigans) its been mentioned a few times now that he's been sniffing around managerial jobs at other clubs.

that's just another theory of mine to add to the pot(its not an 'Actually Factually')

The problem with all this is is that regardless of your ability, it is completely unfair to have stories floating around about you having been sacked if that's not in fact the case. The worry is this could buy him more sympathy with the owners and encourage them to give GB more leeway than they ought should results not improve.

my shortlist would be:- Paul Lambert, Gareth Ainsworth, Mark Cooper, Oscar Garcia and Gary Flitcroft

So Chaddy, will you be continuing your support for GB or performing yet another U turn and lobbying for one of the names off your extensively compiled shortlist?

The problem with all this is is that regardless of your ability, it is completely unfair to have stories floating around about you having been sacked if that's not in fact the case. The worry is this could buy him more sympathy with the owners and encourage them to give GB more leeway than they ought should results not improve.

IT worked for.Kean.

Very happy that I was asleep when this Thread evolved and totally missed out on a fecking non-event.

I will try to cling on to the 'no smoke without fire' theory and not the one that suggests that Bowyer himself started the sacked rumour as a cunning plan to get a new contract/pay rise.

Oh that it had been true - it would have gone a long way to making up for the thrashing at Cricket later that's coming up later today.

Sky Sports News: a BLACKPOOL official confirms Bowyer not sacked

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11676/9962229/blackburn-insist-gary-bowyer-remains-their-manager

''Rovers were beaten 1-0 at the Amex Stadium by Brighton and the game was followed by a report in The Sun that Bowyer - appointed to the permanent position in May 2013 - had been let go.

The result saw the club drop into the bottom three of the Championship table and heaped further pressure on Bowyer but a Blackpool official told Sky Sports News he had not left the club.''

This confirms the suspicion that SSN do not know who the feck we are.

Only in Venkyland.

Just got up to find GB not sacked.

Bloody Tory loving Sun newspaper.

I went to bed in a good mood and now I am naffed off.

No sympathy if you take that rag seriously pb ^_^. I wouldn't believe the date on it unless checking with a calendar first.

So now Brfcc isn't representative of the fans ?

Parson, you're better than this.

Seriously, how many regular posters are there on here nowadays? There was a time when there were literally hundreds and yet today we have about 20 or 30 regulars and some who drop in now and again. It's not a slight on the forum or those who put in a huge effort to keep it going and improve it but it is a fact. I think many of us miss so many who use to post regularly and no longer do.

No sympathy if you take that rag seriously pb ^_^. I wouldn't believe the date on it unless checking with a calendar first.

Seriously, how many regular posters are there on here nowadays? There was a time when there were literally hundreds and yet today we have about 20 or 30 regulars and some who drop in now and again. It's not a slight on the forum or those who put in a huge effort to keep it going and improve it but it is a fact. I think many of us miss so many who use to post regularly and no longer do.

Get a grip man.

You sound like Gaz's agent. Totally lost respect towards any report or comment you make going forward

I am off out for the day soon , a damper as been put on todays proceedings ..

No smoke without fire only a matter of time!

Nice enough fella but not a winner a total non descript when it comes too managerial terms!

My gut feeling is Shaw fits his persona perfectly.....Someone spun the Sun a yarn ?

No smoke without fire. Yes, the story was inaccurate but it hasn't just been plucked from thin air. The Mail is also reporting that Bowyer's position is under review.

A journalist who writes for the paper that broke it told me on Twitter last night that the guy who wrote the story is 'close' to Bowyer.

Re the messageboard, rather like the attendances at Ewood Park, many of those people have lost interest.

The views are representative of the larger support, (Kamy's poll re Bowyer during the Summer a good indicator), and are largely echoed on social media.

Bowyer out.

Keep in mind this is Venky's we're talking about Stu. Knowing them they'll sack Bowyer at about 6PM next Friday.

This kind of preemptive story is more likely to make Venkys even more stubborn. It's probably just bought him a lot of sympathy from the owners and at the same time frustrated the majority of the fanbase.

It does make you wonder about the agenda of the person who leaked the story to The Sun. I don't believe it was a 'flier', something kicked it off and that reporter has just lost a lot of face.

Archived