BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer Most Likely Not Sacked

Really Gav? Recent poll on here suggested they're in a minority these days.

You've just said yourself that you're arguing with people about him, I'm not sure they're in the minority.

The heat will get turned up if he loses on Friday, but it'll be back to normal after the international break I wager.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've just said yourself that you're arguing with people about him, I'm not sure they're in the minority.

The heat will get turned up if he loses on Friday, but it'll be back to normal after the international break I wager.

Dont understand your point there Gav, course there are going to be those who back him, hell... There were those who backed K**n but they were in minority also. Just still find it amazing that they actually exist... Then you read posts from Blueboy and you remember there will always be those 'types' about, at least they're in a minority (thank god).

Still, anyway, someone saw fit to write a story.

Why?

Who cares about Rovers? Recent history tells us, no bugger. We've already been eradicated from Premier League history according to Sky. That last day drama when we pipped Utd wasn't worthy of being in the Premier Leagues top 10 moments.

But someone saw fit to write this story. What it does do is crank the pressure up even more on a manager under pressure.

He's done his best. I pity the guy.

With friends like these...

He's done his best, no-one doubts it. But effort is only part of the equation.

Ability......, we can't ignore that element forever surely?

Why should he four games into a season. It's not has if we have been totally outplayed by anyone and today we were very unfortunate not to get some reward for a decent performance.

Thats 2 seasons and 4 games in.

Why should he four games into a season. It's not has if we have been totally outplayed by anyone and today we were very unfortunate not to get some reward for a decent performance.

We've kind of been "very unfortunate" every single day since Venkys took us over.

You see it as 4th game of the season, I see it as the 76th game of one long, boring, beige, unambitious tenure. Of course it's more games than that but I did him the good grace of writing off the half a season he took over in difficult circumstances.

Why should he resign? Because the fans don't want him. Hows that 4 season plan looking? Sh*gged if you ask me.

He's done his best, no-one doubts it. But effort is only part of the equation.

Ability......, we can't ignore that element forever surely?

He's done his best, no-one doubts it. But effort is only part of the equation. Ability......, we can't ignore that element forever surely?

Oh God no. I absolutely agree. Massive doubts now. There were this time last season personally when we won away at Blackpool. We've never been convincing unfortunately.

I just don't get the constant, unrelenting, total negativity. Especially for those guys who won't go again until Venkys leave. Surely Bowyer is my / our problem now? They can worry about him when Venkys have gone.

Without getting involved in another circular aguement, the idea of Bowyer leaving and Shaw being allowed to recruit his replacement fills me with absolute dread. Then again they might turn to Akon, or, or, or.... But quite possibly not me or you.

Which will be a right shame. After all we post on here under false names, are bitter and extremely critical.Im not sure how more open and approachable we could possibly be?!!

Thats 2 seasons and 4 games in.

And done a very decent job in the past two seasons to keep the club from going the way of Wigan and Blackpool, which could easily have happened. He's got rid of the deadwood from the Kean/Shebby era, had to sell the leading goalscorer in the summer and has been expected to sign players on frees who other clubs don't want. Four games in and these new players - most of whom came late in pre-season and in the past couple of weeks - are still getting to know each other.

You see it as 4th game of the season, I see it as the 76th game of one long, boring, beige, unambitious tenure. Of course it's more games than that but I did him the good grace of writing off the half a season he took over in difficult circumstances.

Why should he resign? Because the fans don't want him. Hows that 4 season plan looking? Sh*gged if you ask me.

You mean some fans Neal, certainly a good number on the way back from Brighton tonight thought it was far too early to sack him. Any new manager will still have to work with the same players, the same backroom staff and will still be shopping in the free transfer market.

Not about 4 games though is it? Been 2 years or more or are those days wiped clean from peoples memories?

And done a very decent job in the past two seasons to keep the club from going the way of Wigan and Blackpool, which could easily have happened. He's got rid of the deadwood from the Kean/Shebby era, had to sell the leading goalscorer in the summer and has been expected to sign players on frees who other clubs don't want. Four games in and these new players - most of whom came late in pre-season and in the past couple of weeks - are still getting to know each other.

You mean some fans Neal, certainly a good number on the way back from Brighton tonight thought it was far too early to sack him. Any new manager will still have to work with the same players, the same backroom staff and will still be shopping in the free transfer market.

Done a decent job is true but rovers need promotion, he never got rid of the deadwood, the club payed off these players not bowyer as for these new players how many clubs have signed a host of new players, a lot of them are doing better than rovers, why do you back bowyer so much

A poll on this very message board suggested that bowyer did not have the backing of the fans did it not? That last bit is stating the obvious to be fair, course we all know that. What most fans want is simply a change, there's enough evidence to suggest that he's not the sort of manager the fans want.

• Backroom

My belief is that a manager would get more out of a squad that Bowyer has (excellently, may I add) assembled.

I want to see a manager who gets @#/? off on the touchline when his players naff up the basics. Like Souness, Hughes, Allardyce did.

Personally, I think we've not done bad over the past 2 years all things considered.

Well this just blew the internet.

We had a promotion-worthy squad last year and any half decent manager would have gotten us into the playoff spots at least. It was especially vital since we will likely never be allowed to have a squad of that size again, and the chances of getting back into the top flight anytime soon largely died last season because Bowyer couldn't produce the results.

"Not bad."

We've kind of been "very unfortunate" every single day since Venkys took us over.

Precisely. Poor me, poor me, poor me another drink. Lots of finger pointing, and no leadership from top to bottom. From FFP to to the fax machine, it's always somebody else's fault. Our current regime is not good enough, and the table doesn't lie. We are far from the required standard in many aspects.

We have a total difference of opinion PB, the last 2 seasons have been an abject failure in my opinion in which no progression has been made whatsoever. We are much further away from promotion under GB than we are when he was appointed. He has brought in 30 odd players in 2 full seasons, if he continues to bring in 5 or 6 more every close season does he get free reign on moulding a team, or at which point does he become accountable?

The leading goalscorer for the past 3 seasons is still at the club, and lots of other clubs have also signed players and managed to form a rabble capable of beating us. As for the Wigan and Blackpool argument, well neither clubs manager(s) have been backed in anywhere near the same way as Bowyer. Theres plenty of clubs who's managers have had less backing than Bowyer, set off with a worse squad, and still have a better team than GB - Mowatt, McCarthy to mention 2.

You mean some fans Neal, certainly a good number on the way back from Brighton tonight thought it was far too early to sack him.

How many people thought it was too early ? What was the total?

Would you say your straw poll reflects the views of the majority, thus meaning the brfcc poll is simply a minority?

Did your poll members have different reasons for backing him, or just the same as yours?

A poll on this very message board suggested that bowyer did not have the backing of the fans did it not? That last bit is stating the obvious to be fair, course we all know that. What most fans want is simply a change, there's enough evidence to suggest that he's not the sort of manager the fans want.

You actually believe that this forum is the voice of the fans? Now I know you are having a laugh.

Well this just blew the internet.

We had a promotion-worthy squad last year and any half decent manager would have gotten us into the playoff spots at least. It was especially vital since we will likely never be allowed to have a squad of that size again, and the chances of getting back into the top flight anytime soon largely died last season because Bowyer couldn't produce the results.

"Not bad."

That is where we differ. I don't believe we have a good enough squad since we got relegated. A decent squad but not a promotion squad.

Archived