BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer Most Likely Not Sacked

No sympathy if you take that rag seriously pb ^_^. I wouldn't believe the date on it unless checking with a calendar first.

Seriously, how many regular posters are there on here nowadays? There was a time when there were literally hundreds and yet today we have about 20 or 30 regulars and some who drop in now and again. It's not a slight on the forum or those who put in a huge effort to keep it going and improve it but it is a fact. I think many of us miss so many who use to post regularly and no longer do.

Have to agree...May 2012 was the last time I posted ! Was on here all the time but Venkys changed all that....while I still have my ST, it's more about the social than the football and it only winds me up reading the drivel some people come out with on here so best to stay wel clear!

Regarding GB, I've said it for a long time...steadied the ship but not the man to lead us back to the promised land.....which nowawadays would mean at least competing for a playoff place !

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to agree...May 2012 was the last time I posted ! Was on here all the time but Venkys changed all that....while I still have my ST, it's more about the social than the football and it only winds me up reading the drivel some people come out with on here so best to stay wel clear!

Regarding GB, I've said it for a long time...steadied the ship but not the man to lead us back to the promised land.....which nowawadays would mean at least competing for a playoff place !

I think the echoes the feelings of a lot of the middling opinion. Apathy towards the football and going because it's just what we do on a Saturday.

To Parson:

I'll ask again, if you have previously answered, apologies.

Can you explain HOW he is doing a good job with no mentions of trade learning, stability etc,

His record in 2015 is appalling, that is far more relevant than anything he did in 2013.

Can you explain how you think he is improving the side, how he is putting his 'mark' on the side and how that is a good thing.

What I see is a team going backwards, you don't seem to, so I am interested to see what you see.

I'm sure that there are several managers out there who can set a team up better than Gaz...I'm just not confident that IF they sack him, they will replace him with a better manager!!

Be careful what you wish for guys, there is a LOT further for us to fall...just have a look at Wigan for one!!

To Parson:

I'll ask again, if you have previously answered, apologies.

Can you explain HOW he is doing a good job with no mentions of trade learning, stability etc,

His record in 2015 is appalling, that is far more relevant than anything he did in 2013.

Can you explain how you think he is improving the side, how he is putting his 'mark' on the side and how that is a good thing.

What I see is a team going backwards, you don't seem to, so I am interested to see what you see.

I doubt you'll get an answer - certainly not one you'll agree with.

What I'd like to know also is at what point (this season) would Parson think 'enough's enough'? He's previously said he needs another couple of years (taking him to 5 - unparalleled in Championship football) so is relegation acceptable? If not then at what point is it too late to change and, once more, "we are where we are" or "Bowyer didn't relegate us, FFP did"? (In which case Forest will be relegated with us, clearly).

Over to you, Parson.

I'm sure that there are several managers out there who can set a team up better than Gaz...I'm just not confident that IF they sack him, they will replace him with a better manager!!

Be careful what you wish for guys, there is a LOT further for us to fall...just have a look at Wigan for one!!

But until something happens we will never know. I really don't agree with the 'stick with Bowyer' theory because of the incompetence of the Indians and the idiots in charge. Using that logic Bowyer will have the job for as long as the Indians and their lackeys are around. I am confident that we will be relegated or bottom six at best with Bowyer.

Thats is a big worry for me.

If Bowyer is sack then how are the owners going to choose the next manager and who is advising them? Will Shaw and Myers be involve in choosing the next manager?

Both Wigan and Millwall went down last season even tho they had an experience managers in charges for most of the season. Holloway at Millwall and Rosler/Mackay at Wigan. We dont want the same here.

And Yes I think he has done a good job here and rebuilt a club and squad much better than the one he took over after the shambles of having 3 perm managers in a season and Shebby at the club.

If Bowyer is sack then how are the owners going to choose the next manager and who is advising them? Will Shaw and Myers be involve in choosing the next manager?

Both Wigan and Millwall went down last season even tho they had an experience managers in charges for most of the season. Holloway at Millwall and Rosler/Mackay at Wigan. We dont want the same here.

And Yes I think he has done a good job here and rebuilt a club and squad much better than the one he took over after the shambles of having 3 perm managers in a season and Shebby at the club.

But as of yesterday we are in the bottom three, about where we were when he took over. Managers are judged on things like this.

Arguing about whether he has done a good job or not is missing the point. Clearly, there are far better managers out there and in an ideal world we would be able to replace Bowyer swiftly with an experienced Championship manager.

I'm fairly confident that any replacement that Venkys found would be no better.

I notice that a lot of the posters who have been desperate to see the back of Bowyer are also the same people who criticise Venkys and the club hierarchy at every turn.

Why on earth do you now expect Venky's/Shaw etc to suddenly appoint a competent manager?? Their record in this department is appalling.

GB has done a steady job with a team that should have been far closer to the play offs in the last two season. However, regardless of what anyone says, GB's track record in the transfer market has been very good and he did well to navigate us away from relegation in his first few months in charge.

This is the first major crisis period of GB's reign and I think a lot of fans are quick to jump back to the Kean Out days of 2012. Frankly, considering GB's contribution to the club, I think any comparison to Kean is completely unfair. He's not the enemy in the same way Kean was. He wants the best for the club and has cut out many of the players who were brought in when Kean was here.

GB deserves a couple more games to try and sort this out. If you look at the team from yesterday, almost half the names are new. We'd also be a national joke (again) if we fired our manager in mid August.

If Venkys could be relied upon to find a decent replacement then I would have little argument with those desperate to see GB gone. However, with that lot in charge, I wouldn't be too unhappy to see him stick around for another couple of games.

If Venkys could be relied upon to find a decent replacement then I would have little argument with those desperate to see GB gone. However, with that lot in charge, I wouldn't be too unhappy to see him stick around for another couple of games.

So giving him a few more games will make the difference between Venkys finding a decent replacement and not... Hmmm :rock:

I think you are missing the point we are not saying Venkys will make a good appointment, but the fact is we aint going anywhere but further and further down the division with what we currently have.

Arguing about whether he has done a good job or not is missing the point. Clearly, there are far better managers out there and in an ideal world we would be able to replace Bowyer swiftly with an experienced Championship manager.

I notice that a lot of the posters who have been desperate to see the back of Bowyer are also the same people who criticise Venkys and the club hierarchy at every turn.

Why on earth do you now expect Venky's/Shaw etc to suddenly appoint a competent manager?? Their record in this department is appalling.

GB has done a steady job with a team that should have been far closer to the play offs in the last two season. However, regardless of what anyone says, GB's track record in the transfer market has been very good and he did well to navigate us away from relegation in his first few months in charge.

This is the first major crisis period of GB's reign and I think a lot of fans are quick to jump back to the Kean Out days of 2012. Frankly, considering GB's contribution to the club, I think any comparison to Kean is completely unfair. He's not the enemy in the same way Kean was. He wants the best for the club and has cut out many of the players who were brought in when Kean was here.

GB deserves a couple more games to try and sort this out. If you look at the team from yesterday, almost half the names are new. We'd also be a national joke (again) if we fired our manager in mid August.

good post

So now Brfcc isn't representative of the fans ?

Parson, you're better than this.

In case you haven't noticed, this forum is just pixels on a screen.

It certainly doesnt reflect the atmosphere at home games atm. Which, at the end of the day, is the only representation that really matters. Not the easy opinions cast around by keyboard warriors in different parts of the globe or sulking in their armchairs in Lancashire every other Saturday afternoon.

We've been over this many times - I'm pretty sure you aren't new to the board. Venkys have employed one manager, if reports are to be believed, and that's Bowyer. He is getting all of the credit for stopping the rot (although there are other influencing factors) and he has done a good job in helping to steady the club, and rightly - to a point - but that period of steadiness, that honeymoon period, ended at the end of 2013/14 season.

Last season was a failure. Plenty of us saw it coming - including the probable embargo - but now "we at where we are" or were. Bowyer has peaked and we are now on a decline - possibly very terminally if we don't get a couple of results PDQ.

Something needs to change before it's too late. We've heard all the arguments why we can't change Venkys and Bowyer still has a lot of sympathy for not being Kean but something has to change on the field. We've tried umpteen formations, with 40-odd players over two seasons (ridiculous when you think about it), and had the luxury of not one but two 20+ goalscorers. One whom the team was set up to support and is heralded and one who has to feed off scraps for the large part and is derided.

But let's turn the debate on its head:

What does Bowyer need in order to get this club promoted? Or even in with a chance?

More players? Better players? No embargo (he's only had one for a few months - you'd think he's had one for the entire last two years the way some people talk)? Better facilities? Better coaching staff? More backing from the owners? More backing from the board? More backing from the local media? The fans to "get behind him FFS"?

Seriously what is he missing that would make the difference? And if we can't answer that question then he has to go and we need to get some fresh blood and new ideas. People slate Berg but he was not given a chance by the board in-fighting, Appleton was rubbish but neither of them lost to Burnley (the only thing we had left by that point which was surrendered along with the remnants of our parachute money under Bowyer).

FFP or no, he has to go. Before "we are where we are" is League Two.

Gents if you actually knew the issues he's had to deal with then you would be far less harsh. Honestly, yes he's done a great job in all. Other than Rhodes, all of our better players have been signed by him. Lots of clubs in far less turmoil have dropped into lower leagues...

Having said all of that I DO believe 100% that it is time for a change. After last season with two strikers getting 41 goals and still finishing 11pts off the playoffs it's clear that were tactically weak.

My worry, is who they will install, if / when it happens.

I am making no comparisons to Kean at all, he is nowhere near Kean. But, I do think he has reached his limit.

Bowyer is a great guy but has showed on numerous occasions he does not have the X factor which we need to move us forward. In fact we are slowly heading backwards.

I wish him luck in his future and maybe a place in the Rovers set up... But we do need someone who can spark our promotion hopes and get this team moving again.

This is a bad start and will need us to go on a tremendous run now!

Gents if you actually knew the issues he's had to deal with then you would be far less harsh. Honestly, yes he's done a great job in all. Other than Rhodes, all of our better players have been signed by him. Lots of clubs in far less turmoil have dropped into lower leagues...

Having said all of that I DO believe 100% that it is time for a change. After last season with two strikers getting 41 goals and still finishing 11pts off the playoffs it's clear that were tactically weak.

Hasn't he signed ALL of our players apart from Rhodes? Not just the "better" ones?

We ARE falling with bowyer ffs . His luck as ran out and he's been found out .

Summed up well mani, I agree with you in that the Critism bowyer get on here is harsh considering the circumstances and some of the performances of previous managers however genuinely don't believe we would be anymore than a mid table team under bowyer. To get promoted we need a change ,I'm not suggesting venkys would make the right appointment tho!

Manu in your opinion do you think he will get sacked or do you think venkys will stick with him

Ha last night you was sprouting a list of managers . This morning after and you are back on the establishment train. Worried ? You wasn't worried when you gave a replace list .

Do you want him sacked ? Yes or no for the record .

Another consideration. When Souness was on the way to relegating us and had appeared to be powerless to stop it, people were more than happy to have him sacked. A proven manager who had seen it all and done it all, and brought us promotion and a domestic cup but he was wanted out.

Bowyer has brought us much much less yet people think he should stay.

Is this really anything to do with Rovers future under Bowyer - or his abilities - or are the concerns simply that Venkys/Shaw might bring in someone worse?

If people do think Bowyer has done everything he can and is going backwards then we have to roll the dice and see if Shaw can bring in a credible replacement.

In the interests of balance, here is a list of managers Shaw has worked with or recruited:

David Moyes

Craig Brown

Billy Davies

Paul Simpson

Alan Irvine

And wasn't Holloway Shaw's choice?

Are they really so terrible?

Scouts and Academy managers at a lot of clubs around the country bring in good players, but they don't manage the football team.

Archived