BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer Most Likely Not Sacked

normally youd think 'yea this is going to be a very interesting week now' but tbh i really wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear anything else on the issue from the club all week and fridays game just goes ahead like nothing as happened. Obviously the fans will turn on bowyer or venkys bigtime at the reebok if the game doesn't go our way, but i get the sense that thats exactly what whoever leaked the story to the sun wants.

Did Derek Shaw go to Brighton or was he at Deepdale ?

Where is this photo of players drinking?

And who took it ?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

normally youd think 'yea this is going to be a very interesting week now' but tbh i really wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear anything else on the issue from the club all week and fridays game just goes ahead like nothing as happened. Obviously the fans will turn on bowyer or venkys bigtime at the reebok if the game doesn't go our way, but i get the sense that thats exactly what whoever leaked the story to the sun wants.

Reebok ? Shows your knowledge .

Also it ain't been reebok in yonks . Mind you makes no difference where the game is when your sat on the couch

Did Derek Shaw go to Brighton or was he at Deepdale ?

Shaw was at Brighton.

My mate was on a corporate do and in the board room before and after the game, he said the table for the Rovers directors had Shaw and 5 'others' on it, he recognised none of them, he's been going for 40yrs, and they all looked bored to tears.

His comment was:

"If they're running the club we're doomed, looked like a bunch of car salesmen"

What does Shaw gain by causing chaos? He'd appear a reactionary fool sacking his chosen manager four games in. He'd look even worse if not announcing it himself in an official capacity. I always say it but I'm amazed he is in charge at the club.

All this publicity on results may help. Drifting along in mid-table afforded quiet weeks and poor performances. With little passion for the football, our fans may find anger again at circumstances. Big game ahead.

If Bowyer was on thin ice with Venkys and they have doubts about his position going forward then they should have sacked him in May or June. Then they could have taken their time finding the right man to come in who could bring his own players in through the summer months.

To consider sacking him after 4 games once again shows a complete lack of understanding of the situation. If they do decide to remove him this week then the transfer window is closing and whoever takes over next

I agree that Bowyer is quickly reaching the point of no return. Many supporters have simply had enough and even an upturn in results will now be considered as a blip or temporary solution whilst the bigger picture remains unchanged.

The events of last night simply make the situation even more unstable. It is quite clear that somebody is/was under the impression Bowyer was going. It is very difficult for any manager to recover from such a situation.

For what it is worth I would like Bowyer to be given longer, although a failure to win either of the next two against two other poor sides in Bolton and Fulham could be fatal.

This situation cannot be allowed to continue though. It is the sort of chaos and atmosphere of confusion and mixed messages that engulfed the club between 2011-13 which we have stepped away from during Bowyers time.

The sort of chaos and lack of unity that often sees clubs hurtle towards relegation despite having squads that should be doing much better. It needs sorting and fast.

I expect we'll head into Bolton no wiser than we are now, which is the last thing we need.

As for the next manager, well my money would be on Craig Short, Garry Flitcroft or someone of that ilk, which for a club of our size really would be unacceptable.

Maybe Shaw is feeling the heat and wants too deflect it in someone elses direction ?

I do not believe the Sun just printed it as a flier ...

So, someone leaked it and I know who my money would be on ...

Anything is possible in Venkyland ..

Me too! The Fat Controller has form. Haven't read all these pages but has his name been put fwd yet? Pics of players drinking to discredit the management whilst in the South East. The Sun. It's in his manor after all isn't it? He'll know the hotel the club will use and he could easily put a plant in to follow the players and report back. If he still has balaji's ear I'd wager he's been dripping poison in it and will be pushing one of his clients to the fore, failing that he'll be pulling someone elses strings to do the same.

Can you all tell that I am beside myself just waiting to @#/? on his grave?

If Bowyer was on thin ice with Venkys and they have doubts about his position going forward then they should have sacked him in May or June. Then they could have taken their time finding the right man to come in who could bring his own players in through the summer months.

For what it's worth, I think the plan was to sack Bowyer following the closure of last season and that Shelfy was actually looking at replacements.

For some reason, I believe Venky's 'lost interest' and changed their minds, perhaps not wanting the aggravation of it all (thinking back to Kean, Berg, Appleton etc ) hence the inactivity we saw in June and July.

Me too! The Fat Controller has form. Haven't read all these pages but has his name been put fwd yet? Pics of players drinking to discredit the management whilst in the South East. It's in his manor after all isn't it? He'll know the hotel the club will use and he could easily put a plant in to follow the players and report back. If he still has balaji's ear I'd wager he's been dripping poison in it and will be pushing one of his clients to the fore, failing that he'll be pulling someone elses strings to do the same.

Can you all tell that I am beside myself just waiting to @#/? on his grave?

It certainly smacks of some of the goings on a few years ago, wouldn't rule out the programme printer either. If any client with any connection to that fat tantric twohat steps through the door that's me finished !

I reckon Saint Gary the righteous may have got his mate from the paper to run the story. This could be to gain sympathy from the football world or to make Venky's do a u-turn. Honourable my arse!

exhibit A - Absolutely clueless. Wow

Shaw was at Brighton.

My mate was on a corporate do and in the board room before and after the game, he said the table for the Rovers directors had Shaw and 5 'others' on it, he recognised none of them, he's been going for 40yrs, and they all looked bored to tears.

His comment was:

"If they're running the club we're doomed, looked like a bunch of car salesmen"

To be honest Gav there is only Keith Lee (the club president) and his wife who I would class as real Rovers supporters. They turn up at every function, turn up at Under-21 games at Leigh, at Under-21 pre-season friendlies and are at every game home and away. They always chat to supporters - the last of the old guard who actually relate to fans.

Archived