BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] European Championship France 2016

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just booed the Russian national anthem, felt good.

Not booed a national anthem since cumbawambaimadingles:

'I get knocked down and we usually don't get up again' was played at the morgue in 2001.

Come on Slovakia 😉

Slovakia doing what we couldn't do. Embarrassing for us, but good to see somebody put the Russians in their place.

Not really DE, this is a different game and a different day. A Slovakia win is actually a great result for England because whatever happens against Wales, we can guarantee qualification in the final group match now.

• Backroom

Not really DE, this is a different game and a different day. A Slovakia win is actually a great result for England because whatever happens against Wales, we can guarantee qualification in the final group match now.

Sorry chief, but our result against Russia looks more disappointing every day that passes. People thinking Slovakia will be a 'gimme' need a reality check. I question the England team's ability to cope with pressure, and have a bad feeling about tomorrow. I hope I'm absolutely wrong on that.

Sorry chief, but our result against Russia looks more disappointing every day that passes. People thinking Slovakia will be a 'gimme' need a reality check. I question the England team's ability to cope with pressure, and have a bad feeling about tomorrow. I hope I'm absolutely wrong on that.

Don't remember me (or anyone) suggesting that Slovakia would be a gimme but to describe a decent performance albeit with a disappointing last gasp ending to the game as 'embarrassing' is OTT (in my humble opinion).

Regardless of today's result.

• Backroom

Don't remember me (or anyone) suggesting that Slovakia would be a gimme but to describe a decent performance albeit with a disappointing last gasp ending to the game as 'embarrassing' is OTT (in my humble opinion).

Regardless of today's result.

The result was embarrassing, not the performance (for the first 75 mins, anyway).

There are very few teams who would have dropped points to a team that played as badly as Russia did that day. Beat Wales and fair enough, we move on. Anything less and I fully expect Slovakia to beat us, Russia to get a surprise win against Wales and England to crash out bottom of the group.

Meanwhile, it's announced straight afterwards that Roy stays on to doom us for another tournament.

Worst case scenario, I grant you... but I feel doomy today. Doooom.

Russia should do better than this, same ol' Russia, country of 160 million or whatever and they look headed towards going out in the group stage again.

The country is a police state, we hate what their ultras do; but from what I understand, they throw a lot of people in gaol there over relatively minor things, they have their dissidents, opposition politicians like Nemtsov were gunned down and we can remember that spy poisioned in London, so it is the thuggery I dislike, not disliking their people. Yet, the acts of a few is a reflection on the rest of the country.

One sees Slovakia here and worries a bit when England will face them though early going, I thought Russia looked better until the 33rd minute.

They say 4 points guarantees advancement for that group B.

Without knowing in depth, with the 4 best 3rd place teams advancing, I'd think we might see some cases where a team with 3 points will advance. I may be totally wrong.

Fairly good game.

They say 4 points guarantees advancement for that group B.

Without knowing in depth, with the 4 best 3rd place teams advancing, I'd think we might see some cases where a team with 3 points will advance.

Fairly good game.

If England beat Wales we qualify, regardless of whatever else happens in the group. You won't get teams finishing third with more than 4 points in 4 of the other groups (which is what would have to happen to knock England out in that scenario)

Russia should do better than this, same ol' Russia, country of 160 million or whatever and they look headed towards going out in the group stage again.

The country is a police state, we hate what their ultras do; but from what I understand, they throw a lot of people in gaol there over relatively minor things, they have their dissidents, opposition politicians like Nemtsov were gunned down and we can remember that spy poisioned in London, so it is the thuggery I dislike, not disliking their people. Yet, the acts of a few is a reflection on the rest of the country.

One sees Slovakia here and worries a bit when England will face them though early going, I thought Russia looked better until the 33rd minute.

Their Ultras are probably the same lot Yeltsin uses to beat up anyone who questions his corrupt set up. A far left state has become far right.

Switzerland seems to be the overwhelming favorite here. Romania isn't incompetent though, I think they will challenge. Romania had the tough duty of playing the host team in game 1, an already formidable foe in France.

Switzerland though is dominating this early-going.

Romania got a penalty kick and lead in the 17th minute, 1-0.

Albania's pretty good, I chickened out picking a draw on this and went with the flow of saying France will win. We will see.

Albania is largely playing for their tournament life, it will be hard to come out of the first two matches with zero points.

Albania's pretty good, I chickened out picking a draw on this and went with the flow of saying France will win. We will see.

Albania is largely playing for their tournament life, it will be hard to come out of the first two matches with zero points.

They'll probably get beat, but the Albanians knock the ball about well, just don't get enough men forward when they attacking.

Archived