BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] European Championship France 2016

We'll win our next 2 games and get out of the group at a canter Stuart, stop worrying.

I agree with this. I never thought I'd see the day when folk were worrying about Wales, and even if the unthinkable should happen we would still qualify by beating the mighty Slovakia.

Wales were extremely fortunate to win their game, yet everyone seems to see them as world beaters all of a sudden.......

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with this. I never thought I'd see the day when folk were worrying about Wales, and even if the unthinkable should happen we would still qualify by beating the mighty Slovakia.

Wales were extremely fortunate to win their game, yet everyone seems to see them as world beaters all of a sudden.......

Not world beaters as a team though Bale is a world beater, he could win the game for Wales on his own with a bit of quality especially if they can keep it tight until late in the game.

England should win, but I think there is a danger that a fired up welsh team which strikes me has way more passion than anything this England team displays could be underestimated.

Not world beaters as a team though Bale is a world beater, he could win the game for Wales on his own with a bit of quality especially if they can keep it tight until late in the game.

England should win, but I think there is a danger that a fired up welsh team which strikes me has way more passion than anything this England team displays could be underestimated.

Understand what your saying but the Wales team is mostly UK media hype, I watched them get hammered by Sweden and draw with Northern Ireland recently, a poor side with one world class player in Bale.

England should beat Wales comfortably, if they don't heads should roll.

• Backroom

Russia given a "suspended ban" from Euro 2016 by UEFA. Essentially any more crowd trouble and they're out.

How could Russia possibly host the World Cup after being kicked out of the Euro Championships just two years prior? It would be a total mockery.

You guys might shoot me down, but I expect Wales to play With more passion than England.

I've seen a few people assert this - without any evidence I hasten to add.

I don't think a lack of passion cost England two points the other night.

England looked good - albeit against an ageing Russia side. Wales scabbed it but they have 3 points on the board.

I hope (and think) that both will qualify for the next phase but I would be very surprised if Wales beat England - it would be on a par with Northern Ireland beating Germany.

• Backroom

I've seen a few people assert this - without any evidence I hasten to add.

I don't think a lack of passion cost England two points the other night.

England looked good - albeit against an ageing Russia side. Wales scabbed it but they have 3 points on the board.

I hope (and think) that both will qualify for the next phase but I would be very surprised if Wales beat England - it would be on a par with Northern Ireland beating Germany.

I agree, there was plenty of heart and fight on show from England in the first match. Russia were admittedly abysmal but after WC2014 it was heartening to see such energy and drive in an England team.

Wales are on a high, and it's nice to see them having a bit of time in the spotlight, but if we play as we did against Russia we should beat Wales somewhat comfortably. They only just scraped past a very poor Slovakia, after all.

• Moderation Lead

That comment I keep seeing about Wales playing with more passion is just cliched nonsense. You see it from goons in the media all the time, the anti-English sentiment you see from the Welsh (over the rugby especially) that they dismiss as 'banter', but if the English said it about the Welsh, you know it would come under racism.

England peppered the Russian goal, not seen us have so many shots in ages, they had 2 on target that I can recall.

Whilst its disappointing that we didn't get the win its early days, we'll go through if we play like that.

It was the best England performance I've seen in years, Roy got it spot on in my opinion.

He did. Until we stopped trying to pepper their goal and started trying to sit back on a lead.

On the games I have seen so far , baring a total collapse can not look beyond Italy or Germany.

Silly haircut competition and big disappointment winners Belgium, looks like a kid as gone mad on a console footy game where you can change facial options of players

Kit winners , Adidas with Nike a very definite last place with their baseball shirt designs for 5 year olds, also good to see so many teams not wearing matching shirt and short colours. Despite what fifa says it makes no difference at all when viewing in HD

You guys might shoot me down, but I expect Wales to play With more passion than England.

Passion only takes you so far in my opinion and this Welsh side doesn't have the passion of say Republic of Ireland in Italia 90, a pub team that got to the quarter finals, so it could happen but I can't see it.

Finally after 3 days of blaming England fans for the trouble in Marseilles it seems our media, UEFA and our FA are finally realising that this was organised violence from Marseilles and Russian hooligans with our fans as the target, not the aggressors.

England are blamed because of past exploits, I guess you have to take that on the chin, its just a shame that this is still the case when trouble hasn't been in evidence at England games for 10/15yrs.

• Backroom

Finally after 3 days of blaming England fans for the trouble in Marseilles it seems our media, UEFA and our FA are finally realising that this was organised violence from Marseilles and Russian hooligans with our fans as the target, not the aggressors.

England are blamed because of past exploits, I guess you have to take that on the chin, its just a shame that this is still the case when trouble hasn't been in evidence at England games for 10/15yrs.

You can understand FIFA/UEFA being reluctant to blame the Russians due to the disgraceful awarding of WC2018 to their backwards country, but no excuse for the rest.

They hosted the Winter Olympics, Sochi. Maybe they can behave when they are told too.

I didn't like Qatar getting the World Cup and had doubts on Russia.

I think some African footballers have already discussed not going to play in Russia.

Conte urges Italy to heal ´open wound´

Antonio Conte says Italy must not lose focus after beating Belgium as they seek to close the "open wound" of their early exit from the last World Cup.

The Azzurri produced a smash-and-grab raid to defeat one of the Euro 2016 favourites on Monday in Lyon, where Emanuele Giaccherini's well-taken opener and Graziano Pelle's late counter-attacking strike sealed three vital Group E points.

uk.soccerway.com/news/2016/June/14/conte-urges-italy-to-heal-open-wound/n799106/
Rubbish that "Italy always delivers the goods" unless one is saying their own manager doesn't know.

Russian "fans" have already had their bus pulled over.

Russian fans in stand-off with French police

A bus-load of Russian supporters - including Alexander Shprygin, the far-right head of the All-Russian Fans' Union - were being held by French authorities in southern France on Tuesday.

Shprygin claimed they had been told they face deportation and had asked for the Russian consul to intervene on the stand-off in Cannes.

In a series of tweets, Shprygin wrote: "They’ve pulled our bus over, demanding we all get out, searching for weapons and drugs and checking documents.

uk.soccerway.com/news/2016/June/14/russian-fans-in-stand-off-with-french-police/n799298/

You'd almost think there's already enough to kick them out.

I do worry that if the naughty Russian thugs were taken out of the equation and sent back home a good number of the English fans will still get horribly drunk, throw bottles, urinate in the street and shout abuse at the police and passers by.

I hope I am wrong but................sadly I doubt it.

I do worry that if the naughty Russian thugs were taken out of the equation and sent back home a good number of the English fans will still get horribly drunk, throw bottles, urinate in the street and shout abuse at the police and passers by.

I hope I am wrong but................sadly I doubt it.

What like they did in Brazil?

Like the did in Poland and Ukraine?

Like they did in South Africa?

Like they did in France last Thursday?

Come on Gav our boys are not angels or did I dream those photos taken outside the Hippo bar.

Nobodys saying they're angels, but its now generally accepted that Thursday was kicked off by Marseilles hooligans not the English, it was peaceful with no police intervention until the locals attacked the bar at midnight, no arrests, nothing.

So that doesn't support what you're saying.

Nobodys saying they're angels, but its now generally accepted that Thursday was kicked off by Marseilles hooligans not the English, it was peaceful with no police intervention until the locals attacked the bar at midnight, no arrests, nothing.

So that doesn't support what you're saying.

Bunkum Gav.

I could tell in their eyes they had been drinking Pernod and snorting shag all day long. I hope they get a good telling off from their mothers' when they return to Blighty.

Flights from Marseille to Lille cancelled due to work shy French striking. Bought a train to Lille via Paris it set off got 20 mins from marseille then that has been cancelled due to a forest fire. Apparently regular occurrence in Provence but yet nothing seems to be in place to deal with it.

With bottles and tear gas flying through the air left, right and centre over the last few days this is turning into the trip from hell. Probably have a more relaxing holiday in down town Fallujah. Better bloody beat the Welsh after all this crap. Due some luck now. The French couldn't organise a shag in a brothel.

I feel like Michael Douglas in the film falling down.

Wales vs England is charterized as a high - risk match as well. Especially in relation to former clashes between Chelsea Hooligans and Cardiff Hooligans.

Seems to me like a lot of the thugs who are abandoned from different stadiums around England have travelled to France.

Archived