BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] European Championship France 2016

That bbc article indeed makes sense.

As maybe we all heard from the telly, Russia also had some for all practical purposes, (300? sounds a bit high, the article mentions 150) "professional" agitators come in from Moscow who didn't even attend the game, cause trouble on the street and I assume like the article says, sleeked away to avoid getting caught.

-------------------

These injuries, put everything in perspective but this is a football thread afterall; I can hardly believe that Brazil was eliminated from that Copa America tournament. Brazil and Germany use to be the only 2 teams one could count on always being very good. Maybe Brazil didn't care that much about the tournament. I don't know.

Brazil out because of a handball goal by Peru? Being reported in some places.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marseille sound like a total nightmare. So you have lads of beery morons riding on a crest of nationalistic furvour and a loathing of anything remotely foreign coming up sgsinst gangs of trained Russian ultras who are determined to show how hard they are and an overzealous and chaotic riot police force. Nightmare scenario really.

I hope these Eng-er-land fans stay at home for the next World Cup or they could be in for a bit if a shock.

I hope these Eng-er-land fans stay at home for the next World Cup or they could be in for a bit if a shock.

I hope we don't qualify for it. There'd be murders aplenty.

Mind you, Qatar after that isn't any better. Just read about a Dutch woman that reported she'd been raped. She was convicted for having sex outside marriage. Both backward countries not fit to host the World Cup.

The great Lothar Matthaus ripping Hodgson on ITV, more or less spot on.

Not sure why anyone would criticize Hodgson, that performance against Russia was the best England performance in tournament football for years.

Not sure why anyone would criticize Hodgson, that performance against Russia was the best England performance in tournament football for years.

Was a great performance, until the substitutions. Went from a brave, attacking performance to being far too defensive.

It felt like the manager was reverting to type, maybe just bottled it somewhat.

Was a great performance, until the substitutions. Went from a brave, attacking performance to being far too defensive.

It felt like the manager was reverting to type, maybe just bottled it somewhat.

Rooney was knackered, hardly played for months, Sterling was ineffective, correct substitutions in my opinion and nobody would have said a word had we won.

Rooney was knackered, hardly played for months, Sterling was ineffective, correct substitutions in my opinion and nobody would have said a word had we won.

Yep but winning is all that counts especially in a tournament. A draw means that England really have to beat Wales and I don't see that being as easy a game as some do.

Bloody hell I knew Zlatan had a great season but didn't know it was that great (50 goals last season).

Yep but winning is all that counts especially in a tournament. A draw means that England really have to beat Wales and I don't see that being as easy a game as some do.

Bloody hell I knew Zlatan had a great season but didn't know it was that great (50 goals last season).

Spain drew the first game in last Euros and won the tournament so thats simply not true.

It would have been great to have won, but a draw and a very good performance isn't the end of the world.

This match, Sweden Ireland Republic has draw written all over it, same for Austria Hungary tomorrow. But who knows?

It's games like this where a bit of brilliance from Zlatan could be the difference and inflate his ego up another notch if that's possible.

After some disturbances in 1990 Italia, it's pretty well acknowledged, the Italian gendarmes beat the devil out of troublemakers. Those Russian troublemakers would sure deserve that and I hope that happens if they rear their heads again.

Been watching some of the videos on social media of Irish and Swedish fans mingling, dancing and singing Abba songs. Just goes to show that fans from other nations can have a good time in proximity to each other and peacefully.

Depends entirely on which fans mingle together. The Russians have said they want to do the Swedes too.

One player we need to stay well clear of this summer, Aiden Mcgeady, done nothing at Wednesday since he snubbed us to take the superior Hillsborough pay deal.

Why wouldn't you have brought Vardy on, Gav?

Why wouldn't you have brought Vardy on, Gav?

Tightening up that midfield was Roys intention, Vardy would have been lost, it wasn't his sort of game sitting on the last man, and was he in the right frame of mind after his Mrs was teargassed by the French police?

Tightening up that midfield was Roys intention, Vardy would have been lost, it wasn't his sort of game sitting on the last man, and was he in the right frame of mind after his Mrs was teargassed by the French police?

Can't agree with that at all. He is a real threat and a nightmare for defenders.

In terms of tightening up, as we saw throughout, attack was the best form of defence and Russia didn't start to take the initiative until after the substitutions. Roy got it wrong and allowed Russia back into it.

England peppered the Russian goal, not seen us have so many shots in ages, they had 2 on target that I can recall.

Whilst its disappointing that we didn't get the win its early days, we'll go through if we play like that.

It was the best England performance I've seen in years, Roy got it spot on in my opinion.

Archived