BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] European Championship France 2016

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But is Vardy a left winger?

Lallana played wide right yesterday and drifting inside to allow Walker the space to move down the right wing

There is a difference between a left winger and a left-sided striker. Vardy is not a left winger but can play on the left side of a front three making runs from outside into the central area. He has done this for Leicester.

Barcelona play a front three but no one would suggest Messi or Neymar are wingers.

Piers Morgan tweeted:

Is there anything in the world more pathetic and embarrassing than our football hooligans?

Reply:

Phone hacking dead kids phones

:tu:

Excellent.

The last thing we need is another generation of nearly men. Roy is a man of the past. Have been saying it for ages, we need a younger manager to instil a fresh mentality. I'd love to be wrong but I see nothing but failure with Hodgson at the helm.

Been saying the exact same thing. Think the other frustrating thing is that there's all this hard work to get there but there's only 3 guarentueed games once youre there so every decision and sub is crucial. Although i think we'll go through i cant be arsed with this being the best England side not to get out of the group stages.

• Backroom

Been saying the exact same thing. Think the other frustrating thing is that there's all this hard work to get there but there's only 3 guarentueed games once youre there so every decision and sub is crucial. Although i think we'll go through i cant be arsed with this being the best England side not to get out of the group stages.

Failing to get out of this group would be even worse than WC2014. At least there you could say Italy and Uruguay are two teams that had some quality, and Costa Rica were a credit to themselves during that tournament. This time around we have an injury-ravaged, poor Russian team, a Slovakian team who are even more of a one man team than Wales, and a Welsh team who have some good players but without Bale are distinctly average. If we can't get out of this group Roy simply has to go and his tenure will be remembered as a series of pathetic failures.

I'm hoping that yesterday will have proven to Roy that attack is our best form of defence. It goes against all of his natural instincts, but we need to be brave for the full 90 minutes. Reverting to type on 75 mins last night cost us, combined with failing to score in the first half. We cannot make the same mistakes again or we're going out early again.

Current FIFA rankings; England #11, Slovakia #24, Wales #26, Russia #29; actually a good group.

I'd not forget, 2010 World Cup, Slovakia eliminated Italy and advanced, a good showing for them.

Russia must be a frustrated team, having gone out in the last 2 tournaments in the group stage, they actually had one win and a draw that last time.

And Wales has been very stellar.

---------

The four best 3rd place teams also advance in my understanding, so trying to figure this out, it looks like only 6 countries' teams will be eliminated in this group stage. Something like this.

What are you on about? There's nowt gone on, absolutely made up. Nothing that wouldn't happen down town on a Friday Saturday night.....but now it's blown up to full scale riots. Rubbish

Giant wanted to single out England fans as being the only fans from the British Isles actively involved in trouble, even though it appears we were victims in what happened last night. Sky Sports reported on N. Ireland fans being involved in trouble with Polish fans last night - it made sense to point that out to him.

You can bet if it was England fans the media would've been all over it.

Russian media apparently boasting about their fans 'coming out on top'.

Backward gobshytes.

What's the British government comments been regarding those disgraceful scenes in France. I've not read any comments so far.

Piers Morgan tweeted:

Is there anything in the world more pathetic and embarrassing than our football hooligans?

Reply:

Phone hacking dead kids phones

:tu:

Faking British Army torture scene photos.

I've just read on twitter that ticketless England fans who are going to watch the game in Lens on Thursday (which has been subject to a alcohol ban and a small fanzine) have been advised to go to nearby Lille instead.

Russia play Slovakia in Lille on the Wednesday.

What could possibly go wrong?

Failing to get out of this group would be even worse than WC2014. At least there you could say Italy and Uruguay are two teams that had some quality, and Costa Rica were a credit to themselves during that tournament. This time around we have an injury-ravaged, poor Russian team, a Slovakian team who are even more of a one man team than Wales, and a Welsh team who have some good players but without Bale are distinctly average. If we can't get out of this group Roy simply has to go and his tenure will be remembered as a series of pathetic failures.

I'm hoping that yesterday will have proven to Roy that attack is our best form of defence. It goes against all of his natural instincts, but we need to be brave for the full 90 minutes. Reverting to type on 75 mins last night cost us, combined with failing to score in the first half. We cannot make the same mistakes again or we're going out early again.

Exactly what i've just been saying, hopefully its an early lesson learned for Roy that pressing from the front is the best way of defending than relying on our shakey centre halves.

Luckily 4 best placed/goals scored teams in 3rd place qualify which could be England saving grace. I dont think think there will be any 3rd placed teams to qualify from group A or F.

If it comes to that then i'd pull all English football out of UEFA. Crooked @#/?s. They need to shoulder some of the responsibility for England fans being attacked along with the French authorities, instead come out with that nonsense.

• Backroom

Getting kicked out of a tournament due to hooliganism would be unprecedented for the England, even during the darkest days of violence in the game. If it comes to that, it'll surely be the most shameful episode in the history of international football in this country?

Russians aside you have to ask the question, why did UEFA put England in Marseilles after 98?

It was obvious that the locals would target the English and they kicked all this off on Thursday night, Marseilles has a hooligan problem anyway, its just madness they didn't consider what happened in 98.

But England will get blamed, despite no trouble at England games for years, nothing in the last world cup, nothing at the last Euros, we're suffering because of past exploits and thats not right, times have moved on, in England anyway.

Russians aside you have to ask the question, why did UEFA put England in Marseilles after 98?

It was obvious that the locals would target the English and they kicked all this off on Thursday night, Marseilles has a hooligan problem anyway, its just madness they didn't consider what happened in 98.

But England will get blamed, despite no trouble at England games for years, nothing in the last world cup, nothing at the last Euros, we're suffering because of past exploits and thats not right, times have moved on, in England anyway.

Spot on. UEFA are so quick to blame anyone else but themselves. Disgrace.

Its the inflexibility of the scheduling which is part of the problem. If that was a game between two clubs, or an international friendly, where it was known there was a significant risk of violence then the police would ensure it would be an early kickoff.

An 8pm start is crazy in those circumstances. Doesnt excuse the @#/? on both sides who deserve life bans and to be processed through the French criminal justice system, however it could have been better managed.

Next major tournament there needs to be flexible scheduling in consultation with police.

Also Russia 2018 looks like a terrifying combination of rampant nationalism, corruption, lack of effective security organisation, open racism, poor infrastructure, an authoritarian state, a culture of violence and hooligans. I want to understand what steps will be taken to audit Russias readiness for the tournament.

The russians are pure scum and the english are just pathetic and moronic for retaliating in such a pished/drugged up idiotic way, but the biggest culprits are the tournament organisers and hosting citys though, they've had years to plan for this and yet it seems that they have done nothing to prevent things escalating, the authorities are only interested in is lining their pockets, rovers vs dingle games have at least 10x the security measures than what i saw there yesterday(on tv)

As for the next world cup being in russia, well it was a sham that they got the tournament in the first place and it will be an almighty disgrace if it isnt changed, it will be an absolute bloody horror show if that goes through.

. I want to understand what steps will be taken to audit Russias readiness for the tournament.

Just one step its FIFA after all,

pile-of-cash.jpg

Northern Ireland defending like when twenty of you played Wembley in the street and you didn't want a particular person to score

Archived