[Archived] European Championship France 2016

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Dier can take a free kick.....

Who knew?

(Woy I guess?)

With Eriksen and Lamela at Spurs I suppose he doesn't get much of a chance to take them there! Perfect strike in that position. Thank god Rooney didn't take it.

I think Sterling might be the new Shaun Wright-Phillips. Can take the ball forward with pace and ease but can't do a thing with it when he gets there.

And as I type that they bring him off for... Milner. :wacko:

• Backroom

I think Sterling might be the new Shaun Wright-Phillips. Can take the ball forward with pace and ease but can't do a thing with it when he gets there.

And as I type that they bring him off for... Milner. :wacko:

Sterling just seems to lack confidence. He's shown he has got technical ability in the past, but he's hesitated every time he's been in a decent position tonight. Such a shame as he has the potential to be a huge player for us.

Liability.

Such a shame. We should be waxing lyrical about the perfect England performance but the knives will be out again.

Always needed a second goal but that was daylight wobbewy. FFS.

England summed up. Unbelievable.

We should still be able to beat Wales and Slovakia, but why do we always throw it away?

Not convinced.

Wales will be absolutely buoyant. Just wondering whether to cancel the afternoon I've booked of next Thursday.

Gah! So annoying!!

• Backroom

Everyone seems to know the score

They've seen it all before

They just know, they're so sure

That England's gonna throw it away

Gonna blow it away

But I know they can play...

20 years on and it's still so true.

Not convinced.

Wales will be absolutely buoyant. Just wondering whether to cancel the afternoon I've booked of next Thursday.

Gah! So annoying!!

Worrying we know go into that game on a real downer, whilst Wales go into it full of conviction. We're much better than Wales, but we'll see on Thursday whether this is a new generation, or the same old England.

Better team by far, but why Sterling? No end product. Jamie should have been on, usual get what we deserve - should have been over the hills and far away, but succour punch - bring on the dragons - too much to hope after the rugby & cricket team did the business today, footy let us down.

The announcer said England loses to Russia 1-1, kind of like England lost to the USA in that game a few years ago. Heavens! Meaning that draw in South Africa, 1-1??

And Wales has one superstar; obviously, they have the advantage to take first.

And some 3rd place teams can advance in this tournament, I don't think all 3rd place teams will.

I'd like to say that was unbelievable but unfortunately it's extremely believable.

Did anyone else think Sterling was bobbins? crying out for townsend in the second half. Really poor decision to leave him at home.

Harry kane looked knackered. But if we go one up top then the other options seem to be a bad fit.

That said it was a decent performance. But you just always feel we're always a step away from meltdown.

Archived