BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] European Championship France 2016

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

This violence makes me sick of football.

The Russians are still throwing bananas at black players. Not even out of the 80's as far as tolerance goes.

Huge goal for Wales... they need to win this one. Saying that, we've got nothing to fear from either of these teams.

Wales 2-1.

This is a cracking match imho. Lots of red at that stadium. This will be a very tough group.

It seems almost all the teams there are decent, I don't really see a whipping boy in the whole tournament.

A few years ago, French away fans went to Serbia and a French fan got killed in Serbia, so there are some rough characters out there and hooliganism sounds like it is alive and well in a lot of Eastern Europe. That said, how many "memoir" books have been written by British hooligans, that image has been cultivated some I hope no one minds me saying. Even if it is 30 years ago, it's a reputation. Some of this reminds me of Italia 1990; had some scenes like this. They said on the news someone is in the hospital fighting for their life. I don't know from what country the person is from.

Reports of both a Russian and an England fan in critical condition. Seen some pretty brutal videos on twitter earlier of people getting kicked in the head. Takes a special kind of scumbag to do that to someone.

Three good games so far.

Frankly hooligans get a bad name but when a mob of Russians in all black tried to get at the English fans thank Christ theses "scum" fought them back because ordinary fans like myself who just want to support my team were well protected. Won't go as far as to call them heros but I'm @#/? grateful they stopped the armed mob because normal fan, women children they would not discriminate

Absolutely shocking, disgusting line up by Hodgson. The worst possible starting 11 he could have picked. Absolute shambles. All that, and once again England will play boring, lame football spearheaded by utter embarrassments like Sterling. Hodgson is as bad as Capello now for me, just utterly ruined everything he touches.

Wales at times, has looked like one of the best teams around, save for the top echelon teams like maybe Germany. So we will see. And after all, We saw Greece win this in '04; so maybe we'll see another surprise.

Absolutely shocking, disgusting line up by Hodgson. The worst possible starting 11 he could have picked. Absolute shambles. All that, and once again England will play boring, lame football spearheaded by utter embarrassments like Sterling. Hodgson is as bad as Capello now for me, just utterly ruined everything he touches.

Then, even England could end up losing to Wales. England do need to watch out for these other teams.

Reports of both a Russian and an England fan in critical condition. Seen some pretty brutal videos on twitter earlier of people getting kicked in the head. Takes a special kind of scumbag to do that to someone.

Three good games so far.

Thanks for the update.

Frankly hooligans get a bad name but when a mob of Russians in all black tried to get at the English fans thank Christ theses "scum" fought them back because ordinary fans like myself who just want to support my team were well protected. Won't go as far as to call them heros but I'm @#/? grateful they stopped the armed mob because normal fan, women children they would not discriminate

Stay safe Matt. I've a couple of pals out there too.

Just seen a horrible clip of a bloke minding his own business getting sucker punched in a cloud of tear gas

According to the French tweet Victim is English and attackers local

Edit the poor bloke is appealing for peace

https://twitter.com/laprovenceeuro/status/741671856437121024

What a bloody coward. I really hope the guy in blue would get arrested and thrown in jail for a long time.

Archived