BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] European Championship France 2016

Dier 100% has to play defensive mid as he's the only one who can. Such a shame what happened with Jones, he was meant to be quality.

Kicking off between Polish and Northern Irish fans now.

The Polish did the same in Belfast a few years back.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is it that the only British Isles team that has violent fans is England? Scotland , Wales, N. Ireland, Irish Republic fans can all have a drink and stay within the law. I don't buy it that England fans were provoked, there were a hell of a lot looking for trouble....they picked the wrong lot to get involved with. It would be easier for all concerned if England were banned from international football.

Just seen the footage of the fighting. Isn't it lovely to know these neanderthals have been given the world cup.

Love to have seen them take on our lads of the 70s and 80s rather than their reputation years later. Looks to me like 99% of England fans were there for the football. But we'll have the book thrown at us. I wonder what the uefa panel would have done when faced with Russian apes in fruit of the loom t-shirts on the right and angry french ne'er do well's on their left.

Really fecking pee'd off with all this. Disgusting.

Why is it that the only British Isles team that has violent fans is England? Scotland , Wales, N. Ireland, Irish Republic fans can all have a drink and stay within the law. I don't buy it that England fans were provoked, there were a hell of a lot looking for trouble....they picked the wrong lot to get involved with. It would be easier for all concerned if England were banned from international football.

I hope that was sarcastic and I just missed it. England have had a pretty impeccable record for years.

Obviously you have not bothered looking into football hooliganism in other countries that much. Eastern Europe is an hotbed for it they are at the 70's/80's English stage but a lot more organised and think nothing of carrying and using weapons, and it is much more darker than it ever was in England with regards to being linked with far right groups and organised crime.

Not that evident or reported widely on the national game stage but it is heading that way, but England make a better story.

Btw anybody heard what that massive explosion towards the end of the game was?

If you read my post, I was referring to fans of British Isles teams. Is it any wonder nobody likes the English when you see the yobs who support England. We must be the most hated nation on earth....just look at our scores in the Eurovsion song contest for starters.

• Backroom

If you read my post, I was referring to fans of British Isles teams. Is it any wonder nobody likes the English when you see the yobs who support England. We must be the most hated nation on earth....just look at our scores in the Eurovsion song contest for starters.

Go to a football match in Russia some time. You'll have a whole new appreciation for the English fans.

Anyhow, according to the BBC Kane didn't have a single touch in Russia's penalty box tonight. It also seems to be a general mystery as to why he takes our corners and free kicks. I mean, he strikes the ball OK, but don't we want our striker in the penalty area for these things?

Kind of sobering to think that losing to Wales would likely send us home early again. Surely Hodgson would get the boot, then. Failing to beat an injury-ravaged Russian side and then losing to Wales would be extremely embarrassing.

If we draw, then I suppose it'll be down to who out of us and Russia can beat Slovakia by the most goals. I don't see Wales having too many problems with this Russian team, and they won't let Russia back into the game as we did.

I'm not saying we're innocent to a man. Of course not. But we're an easy target. Politically vocal and a history of violence. It's all stereotypes.

But I'll tell you one thing. I'd sooner be an Englishman who shrugs off another crappy eurovision score than a backward nation who boo black players.

Sterling, although not particularly brilliant, was stretching the Russian back four. Taking him off and bringing Milner on was nothing short of criminal. Rooney was extremely effective from deep. Taking him off and bringing on a half-fit Wilshere was borderline criminal. Hodgson set the team up well, they had enough chances to have won 5 games, and he ended up sacrificing the game for a draw with his substitutions - same old England in tournament football really.

Apologies I read it as why is it that only British Isles teams have violent fans, Its late here or early depending on the way you look at it.

But on the point you are making , a lot of Welsh and Scots used to travel abroad to England games for one thing only. Every British Isles national team has/had an element but unfortunately England had a larger element of idiots.

Perhaps you eurovision analogy is the way to go ,no trouble there apart from voting for you neighbours and against who you don't like , camp football up a bit

I take it you missed the Scots at Wembley in 1977. Or the Northern Irish tonight. And maybe the soul crew who follow Cardiff are actually a tribute band.

I tell you this, if the Russian fans had 'performed' like they did today before all the banning orders and restrictions on travel of the known faces in England it'd have been an absolute blood bath tonight. Fair play to the Russians though, taking potshots at scarfers will help them sleep tonight.

I take it you missed the Scots at Wembley in 1977. Or the Northern Irish tonight. And maybe the soul crew who follow Cardiff are actually a tribute band.

I tell you this, if the Russian fans had 'performed' like they did today before all the banning orders and restrictions on travel of the known faces in England it'd have been an absolute blood bath tonight. Fair play to the Russians though, taking potshots at scarfers will help them sleep tonight.

Putin probably organised their ' ultras'. He likes playing the hard man. It'll be better for everyone when he comes out of the closet.

Game was average. Sterling is useless. Dier and Rooney can play. Lallana flatters to deceive.

Russian fans at the end where crazy. Ran straight into the England fans, English all pushed back against a fence, ended up jumping over on to the pitch. Kids being pulled out screaming.

Football hooliganism was the English disease but it stopped a long time ago.

How many times in the past 5/10yrs have you read stories of 'The English' rioting at away games? Hardly ever I'd wager?

Tonight's cowardly attacks by Russian idiots needs dealing with by the authorities, this has absolutely nothing to do with England fans but has everything to do with Russian racist thugs that are 25yrs behind the scene.

I was in Marseilles in 1998, war zone, terrible scenes, no excuse. But today's England fans in the main are defending themselves from Russian and North African thugs trying to provoke a reaction.

Yes they could turn the other cheek, yes they could leave the area, but why should they? They've been behaving all day until the locals turn up mob handed.

Don't believe the media, they're loving the fighting and bullsh1t that comes with it.

Russia's racism record alone should expell the country but money talks......

#venkysout

Football hooliganism was the English disease but it stopped a long time ago.

How many times in the past 5/10yrs have you read stories of 'The English' rioting at away games? Hardly ever I'd wager?

Tonight's cowardly attacks by Russian idiots needs dealing with by the authorities, this has absolutely nothing to do with England fans but has everything to do with Russian racist thugs that are 25yrs behind the scene.

I was in Marseilles in 1998, war zone, terrible scenes, no excuse. But today's England fans in the main are defending themselves from Russian and North African thugs trying to provoke a reaction.

Yes they could turn the other cheek, yes they could leave the area, but why should they? They've been behaving all day until the locals turn up mob handed.

Don't believe the media, they're loving the fighting and bullsh1t that comes with it.

Russia's racism record alone should expell the country but money talks......

#venkysout

Well said Gav. Boils my blood that every @#/? idiot in this country laps up what the mainstream press give them and then use it as fact, it's far from it. There's an unhealthy obsession in other countries with English football hooliganism from back in the 70's, 80's and 90's and whilst some of these people in these countries haven't moved on, we have. They see it as some opportunity to prove themselves against the English, which then results in our fans being portrayed as as the ones in the wrong and dragged into situations we haven't created. There are countless eye witness accounts in the past few days of fights beings started from Russians and Marseille ultras, not the English.

The french authorities and relevant organisations need to be seriously questioned. How after the terror attacks in Paris have people managed to get into the ground with fireworks and flares? Beyond belief and a total farce.

On the game...

Woy bloody Hodgson..... To take Jamie Vardy and then not play him is a disgrace in my view but I accepted his decision. To not even use him when Kane was absolutely knackered for the last 30 mins absolutely disgusts me. England can't defend, we all know that, so on the bench you have a lad that has won a premier league title from closing down defenders and defending from the front and the genius ignores him... What planet is this bloke on? Imbecile.

I fail to see what bringing on James Milner brings to the game. Crap decision.

Walker was MOM for me, class.

Although I wouldn't have picked Rooney he played well.

Kane should be dropped after that performance. Some exceptional forwards sat on that bench that deserve better than to sit there whilst Kane turns in performances like that.

I thought we played some good stuff tonight but overshadowed by the same old same old, Woy's incompetence, his failure to see the obvious and make the obvious changes needed.

Russia were toilet, a really really poor side. To not beat them after performing fairly well is harder to stomach than perhaps playing poorly and getting a draw. Difficult to accept a point against that lot, crap team, disgusting fans and all led by an absolute @#/? for brains piece of @#/? like Putin. Massively disappointed to not have stuffed them in front of the whole world and instead it's us that get's embarrassed because they were that bad and couldn't beat them.

Sigh.

So the French police are tear gassing, charging and breaking up large groups of England fans.

Thus making it easier for the French and Russian head jobs to target small groups of England fans.

Sweet.

I'm glad my two lads decided not to go.

Russian yobs are simply an extension of the yob mafia state of Russia.

Russia bribed FIFA and bought the World Cup in 2018 then hid under the table cloth while Qatar took all the flak for 2022.

French policing has not moved on very much from Inspector Clouseau.

To move to qualification and the way the table looks, England are going to be facing a cock-a -hoop Wales who will also have by far the best player on the pitch in Bale (and a proven penalty gainer let's not forget) then onto a Slovak side which I thought would have been a sterner test for Wales but will be going into the game with an eye on qualification through at least third place and who recently deservedly won 3-1 away in Germany.

Frankly after last night, England have all the ability to win both games easily but in Woy, a manager who sets them up with the psychology of a marshmallow.

I thought England played very well and unlucky to not win. we control the game.

we played miles better than we did in the World Cup in Brazil so we have made huge progrerss.

Also we did play better than France did the night before.

lets just go and beat Wales now

• Moderation Lead

Sterling has come in for some real stick, I feel like he's become a scapegoat. First half he did well, he faded a lot second half, but I'd have gone with the diamond and brought Vardy and Sturridge on then.

Kane was really poor last night I thought and it's amazing how he's escaped criticism. I don't think Hodgson could have picked a much better team to start with and we played really well overall, we were just wasteful in front of goal, with a lapse in concentration proving very costly!

I think there has been a lot of melodrama on here and the Internet in general, settle down. If we play like that against Wales we won't lose. If bring Sturridge in for Kane and go with the same side otherwise.

Sterling has come in for some real stick, I feel like he's become a scapegoat. First half he did well, he faded a lot second half, but I'd have gone with the diamond and brought Vardy and Sturridge on then.

Kane was really poor last night I thought and it's amazing how he's escaped criticism. I don't think Hodgson could have picked a much better team to start with and we played really well overall, we were just wasteful in front of goal, with a lapse in concentration proving very costly!

I think there has been a lot of melodrama on here and the Internet in general, settle down. If we play like that against Wales we won't lose. If bring Sturridge in for Kane and go with the same side otherwise.

Months of qualifying and weeks of warm up, we now have only three games. Woy picked a completely new line up for our first of them and then made awful substitutions.

Instead of trying to limp over the line he should have strengthened us. There is no place for Milner and there must be room for Vardy.

We always seem to try to counter other teams instead of taking the game to the opposition. We've been doing this for 40-odd years just because we didn't in 1970.

There have been two exceptions: 1990 and 1996 when we had managers with passion and imagination.

Now, will be admit he got it wrong and play Vardy instead of Kane or even Sterling? Or will the pride set in and he'll keep the same forward line?

Russian media apparently boasting about their fans 'coming out on top'.

Backward gobshytes.

Kicking and punching families must be some victory for them.

Is see Oliver Holt has been blaming the English fans again.

Archived