BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] European Championship France 2016

England 4-3-3

Rooney on the right of midfield along with Dier and Alli.

Lallana and Sterling wide playing forwards.

Kane or Vardy? Would be Vardy for me as he has more bite but Kane gets the nod.

Once again though we try to pick a formation first and then shoehorn the closest players into positions that aren't their best.

At what point will we play our strongest players in their correct positions, and let the opposition worry about us?

Absolutely agree with that last sentence. It just seems so obvious to me. Which in my eyes means leaving Rooney out.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At France 98 there was a recording of undercover (spotters)English Police in Marseille. The Police were interviewed after and they were very emotional. They said they literally had to fight for their lives. The locals were attacking them down the side streets.

• Backroom

Absolutely agree with that last sentence. It just seems so obvious to me. Which in my eyes means leaving Rooney out.

Unfortunately it's set in stone that Rooney will start. Roy does not have the guts to drop him, and the FA wouldn't allow it anyway.

I'd be disappointed if both Lallana and Sterling start. Neither have done enough at their clubs to justify starting ahead of Vardy.

At what point will we play our strongest players in their correct positions, and let the opposition worry about us?

When the FA commercial partners say so, one of them will probably say - Just Do It

Merchandise not Medals should be the new FA tagline

Group B; England, Russia, Slovakia, Wales is a fairly tough group.

Slovakia should give Wales plenty of problems, the Slovakians have not lost in 8 matches, defeated Germany in a friendly.

Russia appears to have some calibre as well; a team to be wary of.

Wales was doing real well but have not won in their last 4 games, Wales is struggling right now.

Chris Slegg, a BBC London reporter on holiday in Marseille for the football, said he had been at a bar with friends and other fans on Friday night, watching France's game against Romania, and the atmosphere had been friendly.

However, shortly after the match finished, a group of 20 to 30 French youths had emerged from side streets and thrown firecrackers and bottles at people who had been watching the game outside the bar, he said. The incident had been completely unprovoked, he said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36506917

This is a really tough challenge for Wales.

Having watched the Slovaks go a goal down in Germany then score three clinically and in the end totally demoralise the Germans, Wales have an enormous challenge on their hands in a game which most people will consider to be their "easy" fixture...

Don't understand how a shed load of Russians can 'sneak up' on anyone. Policing seems crap. Several Russians commenting on Twitter yesterday that around a thousand of their ultras or whatever the hell they are called would be arriving today. Surely the police should be a bit more clued up!

A few years ago, French away fans went to Serbia and a French fan got killed in Serbia, so there are some rough characters out there and hooliganism sounds like it is alive and well in a lot of Eastern Europe. That said, how many "memoir" books have been written by British hooligans, that image has been cultivated some I hope no one minds me saying. Even if it is 30 years ago, it's a reputation. Some of this reminds me of Italia 1990; had some scenes like this. They said on the news someone is in the hospital fighting for their life. I don't know from what country the person is from.

Archived