BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

Lambert hasn't even had his budget set yet by the owners.

lets see what happened.

But I don't see Celtic spending money. Plus the post below sums up Celtic completely.

You know nothing about Celtic a massive club with worldwide appeal whilst under Venky's our appeal is lucky to stretch past Hoghton and the Ribble Valley

As for budget keep dreaming

BTW it's no good having a budget with no one above to ratify anything.. PL Is here to manage the playing side not the entire club

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

You know nothing about Celtic a massive club with worldwide appeal whilst under Venky's our appeal is lucky to stretch past Hoghton and the Ribble Valley

As for budget keep dreaming

BTW it's no good having a budget with no one above to ratify anything.. PL Is here to manage the playing side not the entire club

Hang on a minute, didn't you say Celtic weren't a big club before?

Ah right, apologies, must have gotten you mixed up with someone else.

If you look back on topics you'll find me arguing that Rangers /Celtic bigger propositions than BRFC was around the time of the Hanley linked to a move north of the border

The discussion on here about managers budgets etc

No matter who is in the Ewood hot seat if he looks at potential targets gets a budget if possible but has to wait until let's call it long red tape is sorted ie approved in pune the potential targets will have moved elsewhere

So unless a UK based board with total authority is in place we'll just go round and round in circles

Is what's required likely to happen 99.99% certain it won't cos Venky's no best.

TBH I'm longing for the day when we can possibly pick the pieces up like Portsmouth but with the debts as it stands I really don't know the answer as in its present state no fan based collective could even contemplate the running costs we'd need running capital of around 40 millions for the next 2 seasons, Venkys to write off the debts and hope no external debt comes biting

Just playing devils advocate here for a minute.

Nigel Pearson and Claudio Ranieri has assembled a Premeirship winning side on peanuts, City spent more on 1 player than Leicester have this season!

We all know our squad is full of league 1 players, but with Leicester doing so well on a shoe string does this not give chairmen (we should be so lucky) the right to expect more and refuse when managers ask for untold riches to improve the club?

Whats happened to the management team actually coaching players to be better, rather than just being cheque book managers?

The discussion on here about managers budgets etc

No matter who is in the Ewood hot seat if he looks at potential targets gets a budget if possible but has to wait until let's call it long red tape is sorted ie approved in pune the potential targets will have moved elsewhere

So unless a UK based board with total authority is in place we'll just go round and round in circles

Is what's required likely to happen 99.99% certain it won't cos Venky's no best.

TBH I'm longing for the day when we can possibly pick the pieces up like Portsmouth but with the debts as it stands I really don't know the answer as in its present state no fan based collective could even contemplate the running costs we'd need running capital of around 40 millions for the next 2 seasons, Venkys to write off the debts and hope no external debt comes biting

Whats the point in continuing to grow the debt and plod on like this, losing supporters and quality footballers season upon season getting further and further away from premiership football with each passing season.

• Backroom

Nigel Pearson and Claudio Ranieri has assembled a Premeirship winning side on peanuts, City spent more on 1 player than Leicester have this season!

We all know our squad is full of league 1 players, but with Leicester doing so well on a shoe string does this not give chairmen (we should be so lucky) the right to expect more and refuse when managers ask for untold riches to improve the club?

Whats happened to the management team actually coaching players to be better, rather than just being cheque book managers?

It's a difficult one. The squad is horrendously poor in terms of overall quality, but I expected Lambert to get more out of the players available than he has done. His overall performance as manager will not have given Venky's any persuasion to release funds as he has not demonstrated an ability to improve on what Bowyer was serving up. It's been around half a year now, so you'd expect to at least see some improvement.

On the other hand, if they've agreed to back him and provide funds they should stick to their word and do so. The guy clearly has a long term plan for the club and deserves a full pre-season with a squad he's assembled to give it a go. It's been a disappointing start but I don't see us getting better than Lambert in terms of experience, so regardless of what's happened so far there needs to be some backing here.

It's a difficult one. The squad is horrendously poor in terms of overall quality, but I expected Lambert to get more out of the players available than he has done. His overall performance as manager will not have given Venky's any persuasion to release funds as he has not demonstrated an ability to improve on what Bowyer was serving up. It's been around half a year now, so you'd expect to at least see some improvement.

On the other hand, if they've agreed to back him and provide funds they should stick to their word and do so. The guy clearly has a long term plan for the club and deserves a full pre-season with a squad he's assembled to give it a go. It's been a disappointing start but I don't see us getting better than Lambert in terms of experience, so regardless of what's happened so far there needs to be some backing here.

With his experience he should get at least as long as GB and funds to match

Long term plan ? Who planted that seed into your head ?

• Backroom

Long term plan ? Who planted that seed into your head ?

Was it not quoted in the LT recently that he submitted long-term planning documents to the owners including renovation of the pitches, academy, etc?

With his experience he should get at least as long as GB and funds to match

You only get that if you're a yes man. People who question the status quo don't get very far, as we've seen over the past five years.

But once again it comes down to Venkys bizarre way of doing things.

Lambert must have been appointed for two reasons:

1) He has a record of getting promoted from this league in the recent past.

2) They weren't happy with what Bowyer was serving up i.e. bottom half/relegation form.

That suggests to me that Venkys expectation or target is better than bottom half and probably is promotion, as it should be for any owners who are underwriting losses of £20 million per year.

In that case, if they now have doubts about Lambert's suitability on the basis of his results, because Lambert has basically continued Bowyer's return with largely the same squad of players, then it means one of two things:

1) Either the squad at the club is simply not good enough, and requires major funds to overhaul it and having appointed Lambert recently they should provide him with a proper opportunity to put his own squad together

2) Or they've decided that he isn't doing well enough, they aren't prepared to gamble on him on the basis of the last 6 months, in which case they need to find a replacement quickly who they are prepared to back properly.

This middle ground of inertia, no communication, rumours of no money etc. is the worst possible route. Either back Lambert as he was clearly expecting and in my opinion deserves, or find a manager you are prepared to support. Don't just leave him out on a limb because he's disappointed so far with Bowyer's squad.

Was it not quoted in the LT recently that he submitted long-term planning documents to the owners including renovation of the pitches, academy, etc?

Those pitches desperately needed doing but only because they'd cut the staff back.

Previously they were maintained in good condition that could cope with harsh winter conditions.

Those pitches desperately needed doing but only because they'd cut the staff back.

Previously they were maintained in good condition that could cope with harsh winter conditions.

I thought they had been sacked over some bags of grass seed that turned up at Darwen Football Club.

Who's in charge there ?

Look at Warnock with Rotherham. Although results have dried up a little, through sheer canny management he's turned them from absolute rabble into a team who can compete with anyone in the division. I'd imagine they'd comfortably be in the top 6 if the season started when he was appointed. Whether he can keep it up next season is obviously to be seen.

I was potentially keen on him coming here pre-Lambert but could not have seen him surviving a day with the V's.

• Backroom

But once again it comes down to Venkys bizarre way of doing things.

Lambert must have been appointed for two reasons:

1) He has a record of getting promoted from this league in the recent past.

2) They weren't happy with what Bowyer was serving up i.e. bottom half/relegation form.

That suggests to me that Venkys expectation or target is better than bottom half and probably is promotion, as it should be for any owners who are underwriting losses of £20 million per year.

In that case, if they now have doubts about Lambert's suitability on the basis of his results, because Lambert has basically continued Bowyer's return with largely the same squad of players, then it means one of two things:

1) Either the squad at the club is simply not good enough, and requires major funds to overhaul it and having appointed Lambert recently they should provide him with a proper opportunity to put his own squad together

2) Or they've decided that he isn't doing well enough, they aren't prepared to gamble on him on the basis of the last 6 months, in which case they need to find a replacement quickly who they are prepared to back properly.

This middle ground of inertia, no communication, rumours of no money etc. is the worst possible route. Either back Lambert as he was clearly expecting and in my opinion deserves, or find a manager you are prepared to support. Don't just leave him out on a limb because he's disappointed so far with Bowyer's squad.

I still fear that these idiots in Pune actually believed that by hiring Lambert and his team we would be competing for the playoffs this season. I really hope not, but you wouldn't put it past them.

Look at Warnock with Rotherham. Although results have dried up a little, through sheer canny management he's turned them from absolute rabble into a team who can compete with anyone in the division. I'd imagine they'd comfortably be in the top 6 if the season started when he was appointed. Whether he can keep it up next season is obviously to be seen.

I was potentially keen on him coming here pre-Lambert but could not have seen him surviving a day with the V's.

Why are you advocating starting a senior citizens team? He's far too old.

• Moderation Lead

I still fear that these idiots in Pune actually believed that by hiring Lambert and his team we would be competing for the playoffs this season. I really hope not, but you wouldn't put it past them.

Some folk on here did DE, never mind Venky's!

Depends on what Lambert told them when he took over. I think they could have reasonably expected us to be in a far better position than we are now.

Not that I agree with their approach of total silence - but could it be that Lambert had a target for this season, which he is going to fall short of - and they are now reviewing what to do next (including PL's position). IF Lambert said to them - I can get you a top half finish this season - and then push on next - given how they have been sold down the river previously - would you not expect them to be cautious as to what to do next ?

Lambert has always had the Venky's previous ineptitude in running the club as his get out of jail card - but taking our owners out of the equation many would have to agree that Lambert hasn't been the success we all hoped he would be. IMO Lambert himself knows this - hence the excuses that he comes out with.

I just wish they would realise - that if they appointed a respected CEO and gave him a firm scope and budget to work within - it would make it far easier for the club and for them.

I'm thinking that was their plan. Get Lambert in by telling him everything he wants to hear (summer transfer kitty etc.) but with no thoughts that they would ever have to actually put up any money because Lambert would get us promoted this season.

Now it's backfired spectacularly, they are back to being confused.

• Backroom

Depends on what Lambert told them when he took over. I think they could have reasonably expected us to be in a far better position than we are now.

Not that I agree with their approach of total silence - but could it be that Lambert had a target for this season, which he is going to fall short of - and they are now reviewing what to do next (including PL's position). IF Lambert said to them - I can get you a top half finish this season - and then push on next - given how they have been sold down the river previously - would you not expect them to be cautious as to what to do next ?

Lambert has always had the Venky's previous ineptitude in running the club as his get out of jail card - but taking our owners out of the equation many would have to agree that Lambert hasn't been the success we all hoped he would be. IMO Lambert himself knows this - hence the excuses that he comes out with.

I just wish they would realise - that if they appointed a respected CEO and gave him a firm scope and budget to work within - it would make it far easier for the club and for them.

Wasn't it us who chased Lambert, though? Would he have needed to give any assurances other than yes, I'll sign?

I didn't expect playoffs but clearly dismissed any fears of relegation on numerous occasions.

Then and now the teams below all have worse goal difference. That was my main theory that Rovers were much more solid and would be just fine on that basis. My "scraping 1-0" wins theory wasn't right (except at Brentford) actually turned out a little better than that.

Good example, he's worked miracles at Rotherham and you weren't alone in wanting him here.

Difference being we're looking towards the Premiership :lol: Rotherham are looking to consolidate in this league.

You wonder what people actually see on a match day, nothing in the past 5yrs has pointed towards us going up, bringing in Lambert, in November never changed that!

If he's backed financially we've got a better chance than we've had since these idiots took us over.

Archived