BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

Regarding the question of them being duped. My question would be what were their motivations when they listened to an agent/advisor rather than the chairman and Board that had run the club successfully for the previous decade? Did they decide against the Board's advice for the good of the club or for personal gain/greed. I know which one I believe and therefore will not give them any sympathy for being duped/misled or any other excuse

Of course - they bought Rovers as a business acquisition - and it would be simple for their advisor's to tell them that the board weren't doing a good enough job of spreading our global brand (which was part of their strategy) - add to this Allardyce's football not being attractive for branding - and before long you have thrown the baby out with the bath water.

I don't think it would all have been for personal greed (directly relating to Rovers anyway) - just so that Rover's could break even as it helped spread Venky products around the world. At the end of the day very few football clubs make a consistent profit - and Rovers were never going to be a club that makes profits.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you any evidence that they've ever listened to advice ?

No. My response was to DMTP's suggestion that they may have been duped - I don't believe they were.

Among my circle of friends there are still a few who defend Venkys on this basis - one or two even think they have done a good job in spite of being 'conned'.

I suppose some people will just believe what they want to believe so that they don't have to face up to the reality of our situation. (not suggesting that DMTP is one of them)

After losing 5 mill per year in the Prem under the trust the eye watering loses racked up in their first twelve months in charge suggest to me money was almost instantly finding it's way out of the club. Yet I'm supposed to believe they didn't know about this despite the henchwoman being able to recite any of our players terms of contract at the drop of a hat ?

Pull the other one, they were at least intent on getting their stake back as soon as possible if nothing else IMO.

After losing 5 mill per year in the Prem under the trust the eye watering loses racked up in their first twelve months in charge suggest to me money was almost instantly finding it's way out of the club. Yet I'm supposed to believe they didn't know about this despite the henchwoman being able to recite any of our players terms of contract at the drop of a hat ?

Pull the other one, they were at least intent on getting their stake back as soon as possible if nothing else IMO.

How exactly were they doing that when the majority of outgoings were to players and their agents ? On this basis is the £80+million the club owes them a myth ?

I am open minded as to their motives and whether they were duped or not - but can't see a way that they recouped any of the money they have invested in the club.

How exactly were they doing that when the majority of outgoings were to players and their agents ? On this basis is the £80+million the club owes them a myth ?

I am open minded as to their motives and whether they were duped or not - but can't see a way that they recouped any of the money they have invested in the club.

Rubbish look at all the players sold especially in the 1St two years

As for investing.. Not their own money just banks... Er look at the current debt it hasn't come out of thin air

First off I'm on about the first 12 months and their original intentions. Secondly how do you me or the gate post know where & how the money was going out, there is a million ways to bleed a corporation. Let's not forget they were in bed with an agency who probably had stakes in the club for a start, also the little set up going on off shore involving certain parties and possibly some of their friends. Who are/were some of one of the owners good buddies again ?

I'm simply saying that I reckon money was initially finding it's way back to them. Most of that 80 mill has been racked up since we went down. They didn't bargain on that so what would have happened if we'd stayed up ? The original intention was to have a nice little personal earner for a few whilst enjoying the business exposure and it all being paid for by Sky money, wheeling and dealing dastardly and mutley and co.

We've no idea how all the accounts get jigged around on paper but the sale of Phil Jones alone would have almost got them their purchase price back and they'll have known that was possible when being encouraged to buy in. Remember Balaji on camera saying the Jones money would be reinvested in players ? Was it ? Infact until they signed Rhodes they were over 10 million pounds up on player outs and ins. That only altered because we went down. Please remember that they were in bed with the agents at first, these people didn't swoop in out of nowhere and steal the baby from the nest.

Get as much of that dossier out as possible once and for all and let some of these sugar coaters finally get the jist of what was going on please !!!!!!!

First off I'm on about the first 12 months and their original intentions. Secondly how do you me or the gate post know where & how the money was going out, there is a million ways to bleed a corporation. Let's not forget they were in bed with an agency who probably had stakes in the club for a start, also the little set up going on off shore involving certain parties and possibly some of their friends. Who are/were some of one of the owners good buddies again ?

I'm simply saying that I reckon money was initially finding it's way back to them. Most of that 80 mill has been racked up since we went down. They didn't bargain on that so what would have happened if we'd stayed up ? The original intention was to have a nice little personal earner for a few whilst enjoying the business exposure and it all being paid for by Sky money, wheeling and dealing dastardly and mutley and co.

Get as much of that dossier out as possible once and for all and let some of these sugar coaters finally get the jist of what was going on please !!!!!!!

I'm not even sure why those who know the details 're what is supposedly being kept a secret, don't want to reveal. It's the oddest thing ever.

If the info that they know are genuine, and they have the facts to back things up, then I'm not sure why nobody wants to reveal the truth behind Venkys and whatever dealings have gone on.

Basically it appeared amongst many other schemes, there was intention to lease players to the club owned by third parties, confirmed by Mrs D herself. It's who those 3rd parties were going to be made up of that is the interesting bit. It didn't quite get off the ground BUT that was the intention at the beginning.

Of the course those at the top knew nothing about it..............

Basically, amongst many other schemes, it seemed there was intention to lease players to the club owned by third parties, confirmed by Mrs D herself. It's who those 3rd parties were going to be made up of that is the interesting bit. It didn't quite get off the ground BUT that was the intention at the beginning.

Of the course those at the top knew nothing about it..............

But isn't that lease idea against the rules anyway? A complete non-starter?

But isn't that lease idea against the rules anyway? A complete non-starter?

That's probably why it never took off but setting up an agency to buy sell and deal with the loans of players wouldn't. I wouldn't be surprised if they were told by a tame agent that it could be navigated around. Some strange goings on around Formica for one.

Anyway I've no inside info I'm just ranting about what's already been put in the open on here in the past. It just makes me sick to the bone the feeding frenzy that ALL those involved saw in Rovers one way or another !

I'm not even sure why those who know the details 're what is supposedly being kept a secret, don't want to reveal. It's the oddest thing ever.

If the info that they know are genuine, and they have the facts to back things up, then I'm not sure why nobody wants to reveal the truth behind Venkys and whatever dealings have gone on.

There are ways of putting stuff on the messageboard in some kind of code. I am pretty sure it has even been done here before.

e.g Hans Christian had a client, called Coco the Clown, who just happened to be employed by The Big Fat Man. Now Hans gave Coco a stack of brown envelopes and Hans knew just how Coco could fill them. Hans went to meet the Wicked Witch of the East and her brothers Dumb and Dumber, who needed ..........

Some interesting quotes from Lambert the last time he was linked with Celtic:

"I had eight terrific years at Celtic but there comes a time when you have to cut your ties,"

"I still look for Celtic's result and Seville will always remain the biggest disappointment in my football career. But the idea of coming back doesn't appeal to me.

"I mean no disrespect to Scottish football but England is just a bigger place. I'm proud of my Scottish heritage but a move back home is not for me.

"The idea of playing the same club anything from four to six times a season doesn't appeal to me."

Some interesting quotes from Lambert the last time he was linked with Celtic:

"I had eight terrific years at Celtic but there comes a time when you have to cut your ties,"

"I still look for Celtic's result and Seville will always remain the biggest disappointment in my football career. But the idea of coming back doesn't appeal to me.

"I mean no disrespect to Scottish football but England is just a bigger place. I'm proud of my Scottish heritage but a move back home is not for me.

"The idea of playing the same club anything from four to six times a season doesn't appeal to me."

Why bother with quotes, when you can read between the lines.( This is no reflection on anyone in particular ! ).

Is it true we are bringing TWatt back next year. what does that tell us about the PL situation? If we had a budget I doubt TWatt would be top of our shopping list. Personally I can't see PL being our manager next season. There'll be plenty of opportunities about in the summer and why would he stay at this circus when he could get a proper managers job somewhere else. Talking to some Celtic fans last night watching the St Pauli game and there doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm for PL there although he was well liked as a player.

Is it true we are bringing TWatt back next year. what does that tell us about the PL situation? If we had a budget I doubt TWatt would be top of our shopping list. Personally I can't see PL being our manager next season. There'll be plenty of opportunities about in the summer and why would he stay at this circus when he could get a proper managers job somewhere else. Talking to some Celtic fans last night watching the St Pauli game and there doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm for PL there although he was well liked as a player.

I saw a rumour at the time we loaned him that we had agreed a fee to buy him at the end of the season. I have a recollection of the fee approaching up to £1m - so would seem to indicate some form of budget - whether spending that amount on Watt being a good idea is another matter.

Rumours on fb that 8 players (unnamed) being let go, with Spurr offered a new deal, and a plan to relay 8 Brockhall pitches approved.

I wonder if movement is afoot?

Move myfoot with me boot on firmly up Madame D's arse

Still wound up about Venkys from PLs comments he really isn't a happy chap.. these where published in the EDP (Eastern Daily Press) so this is what even East Anglia are seeing in regards to our club Football clubs aren’t just a toy that you can play with,” he told the Lancashire Telegraph. “They’ve been here for years and years and for me it’s important it’s done professionally and it’s done right. It shouldn’t be done on a wing and a prayer.

There’s too many people who come and watch us. The supporters have been brilliant since I’ve been here. We’ve got a lot of lads out of contract, unsure of what’s going on, lads on loan, unsure of what’s going on, and those things can prey on people’s minds.”

Regarding the question of them being duped. My question would be what were their motivations when they listened to an agent/advisor rather than the chairman and Board that had run the club successfully for the previous decade? Did they decide against the Board's advice for the good of the club or for personal gain/greed. I know which one I believe and therefore will not give them any sympathy for being duped/misled or any other excuse

My take is we were a toy for the pimp daddy and he sold it to D as a marketing tool. Now he's lost interest, actually sometime ago and not being in the top league ends the marketing. The only reason they are.still here is them being stubborn trying to save face.

They will do nothing to help turn around their mistakes and we will continue our slide into the mire, a slide which will end up with a doomsday scenario. Ifirmly.belive that Rovers will soon be extinct.

Have you any evidence that they've ever listened to advice ?

Yes, Big Sam beig fired amd keantwatface being hired. After that they stopped.

• Backroom

He is surely a free. You wouldn't pay a fee for him would you? Imagine Charlton are keen to get rid as he's burnt his bridges there. Has some ability and might do ok but a genuine nutter.

Add in his injury problems and general fitness issues and it's a risk even at £1-2m. I'd definitely take him on a free or for a small fee, but the last thing we need is to pay serious money for another crock. We have to learn our lesson at some point.

Add in his injury problems and general fitness issues and it's a risk even at £1-2m. I'd definitely take him on a free or for a small fee, but the last thing we need is to pay serious money for another crock. We have to learn our lesson at some point.

Don't.like to use the.word when football is the topic but he does have.some potential does our TWatt. He.showed a.few.glimses of what he is capable of.

Archived