BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if the attendances are as low as 6,000 that in itself is a form of protest.

Regarding the story itself, despite all the acrimony on here, it would not surprise me in the least to see one of those mentioned in charge next season.

I can't see it being Sherwood though.

To be honest I'd prefer Sherwood out of those three. Would he come ? He'd have to be desperate.

Why would Lambert know who Venkys want to replace him with?

I not saying Lambert is his source on any stories but someone is telling the journalist these stories.

These Irvine/Dunn rumours have to been coming from someone and they have been going on for the past few days. I heard them before Tuesday game against Forest from people not on the messageboard

Do you agree that PL wouldn't go without a pay out? I can't see him beinh sacked.

surely that's a question for Lambert not myself.

he seems a honourable man

Whilst anything written by Nixon I take with a pinch of salt, I suspect most people are reaching the same conclusion - that Lambert won't be here next season. With the huge debt and still more lossess last year - albeit reduced from previous years - I fully expect more cost cutting measures over the next twelve months. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bank of India are now starting to question why the owners are continuing to pour money into a seemingly black hole. If Lambert left than Irvine, supported by Johnson and Dunn, would seem to be the obvious choice for the owners. I suspect that the next few seasons will be more about avoiding the drop to League One than chasing a spot in the Premier League.

Whilst anything written by Nixon I take with a pinch of salt, I suspect most people are reaching the same conclusion - that Lambert won't be here next season. With the huge debt and still more lossess last year - albeit reduced from previous years - I fully expect more cost cutting measures over the next twelve months. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bank of India are now starting to question why the owners are continuing to pour money into a seemingly black hole. If Lambert left than Irvine, supported by Johnson and Dunn, would seem to be the obvious choice for the owners. I suspect that the next few seasons will be more about avoiding the drop to League One than chasing a spot in the Premier League.

The BOI will be starting to question if the money THEY'VE put up is almost outstretching what it's secured against I'd wager.

Was her ladyship venky at the game yesterday? there was clearly a Indian lady(of slightly rotund proportions) sat in the owners lounge watching the game through the window

There was a fella sat in their box outside at the Huddersfield game, non Indian.

On the Nixon thing he's clearly doing what he's done countless times in the past, just lifting rumour and conjecture off here. Shame on those who are silly enough to engage with the fat twonk constantly and let him pied piper you. You should know better by now.

Who says he's close to Lambert ? We've heard that's not the case at all, also he was meant to be close to Freedman at Bolton when he was stirring total lies about Rhodes going there until Freedman quashed it and basically called him a liar in public.

I said that from the moment he came back ... Will he be telling fans to get real or saying the club don't need supporters like me like he did on lancs when I said no way was we going up . I was the one getting real .

BLACKBURN want an old boy to replace unsettled boss Paul Lambert.

The Scot is expected to leave at the end of the season because of financial cuts and club owners Venkys are keen on someone with a Rovers link to take his place.

Current assistant Alan Irvine, David Dunn and Tim Sherwood are all in the frame.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/7100908/Crystal-Palace-boss-Alan-Pardew-wants-to-sign-Wolves-defender-Dominic-Iorfa-to-rebuild-defence-around.html

Written by Nixon. Says it all!. About as accurate as a stopped clock.

I'm sure Dunn would try his best and have the best intentions but it just won't work. We're in too much of a mess and he isn't anywhere near the type of character to do it. Go and cut his teeth the proper way like Flitty or Jansen if he wants to be a manager he's had enough brass out of this club in the past few years without contributing much back at all. Not always his fault but why should we be his experiment and pay for it just because he pretends to hate Burnley and fans sing his name.

No thanks, coach yes manager NO.

Nixon has to fill his section of the tabloid rumours in the Sun and Rovers are one of the clubs he is supposed to be an expert on.

If he's so close to Lambert then how come he didn't know he was being lined up to replace Bowyer? Even the day before Lambert was announced he didn't know whether or not it was a done deal and kept his options open, saying it 'should' get done but 'you never know with Venkys' etc etc.

There's no way Nixon has a source in India. If the senior staff at the club can't get communication and answers from Pune then there's little chance that a journo from the Sun has a direct line out there.

If he's getting any reliable information then it must be coming from someone in the UK. The only person who has any idea about the future is Paul Lambert and Sohail Pasha. Why would Lambert use the media to tell people he's off in the summer? If he's made his mind up then why not just do it instead of drip feeding the papers information? Lambert won't know who his possible replacements will be, just like he doesnt know a lot of things due to the lack of communication at the club. Venkys don't make decisions quickly, so the chances of them having a shortlist of 3 to become next manager when the current one is still in place are very slim.

Of course if funds are limited and a new manager is needed then Irvine and Dunn will be two of the favourites. Looking at Venkys record for managerial appointments and the fact that both of them two are already on the payroll makes them easy suggestions to be the next manager.

If Venkys think that appointing an ex player to become manager will make the process smoother and appeal to the supporters then they're dead wrong. If Lambert leaves the only chance they have of salvaging the situation is by replacing him with an alternative sensible appointment. Appointing someone like Dunn will be the final straw for thousands of supporters, probably me included.

I'm sure Dunn would try his best and have the best intentions but it just won't work. We're in too much of a mess and he isn't anywhere near the type of character to do it. Go and cut his teeth the proper way like Flitty or Jansen if he wants to be a manager he's had enough brass out of this club in the past few years without contributing much back at all. Not always his fault but why should we be his experiment and pay for it just because he pretends to hate Burnley and fans sing his name.

No thanks, coach yes manager NO.

Still can't see why Wilcox isn't being mentioned. Perhaps he prefers managing at youth level as I never see him linked to any first team jobs.

Nixon isn't close to Lambert though until recently I thought he was. He's close to some of Lambert's people. You can even see in his public tweets he's made comments which clearly aren't pro Lambert.

The prospect of Irvine and or Dunn stepping into the breach started being discussed on here weeks ago by fans fearful of what might happen should PL go. That's it really and that's where this is from you can bet, even a Rovers official could have seen it on here and repeated it because they've no friggin idea what might happen either. At times in the past there will have been people on here who have more idea than the officials themselves.

Still can't see why Wilcox isn't being mentioned. Perhaps he prefers managing at youth level as I never see him linked to any first team jobs.

Nixon isn't close to Lambert though until recently I thought he was. He's close to some of Lambert's people. You can even see in his public tweets he's made comments which clearly aren't pro Lambert.

Nicko is close to agents pal he's an agents stooge and always has been.

Dunn doesn't even have the attributes to be a decent coach of any kind, never mind a manager, D Johnson would be a more logical option, but obviously even he should be way down the list of candidates if PL leaves(or get the sack)

He should do what a lot of ex footballers used to do. Go and run a pub. Surely that's his ideal job?

Nixon does not think Dunn is likely. Just that you never know with Balaji and co and they want a Rovers link if/when (more likely when in my view) Lambert goes.

He should do what a lot of ex footballers used to do. Go and run a pub. Surely that's his ideal job?

Nixon does not think Dunn is likely. Just that you never know with Balaji and co and they want a Rovers link if/when (more likely when in my view) Lambert goes.

I could see them doing it just to pacify some fans a bit by having someone popular in the dugout, his credentials for the job wouldn't matter a jot to them they'd see it as damage limitation to try and paper over a peasants revolt. The absolute only reason that Berg was chosen and probably why Hendry was brought in waiting in the wings Window dressing.

• Moderation Lead

The prospect of Irvine and or Dunn stepping into the breach started being discussed on here weeks ago by fans fearful of what might happen should PL go. That's it really and that's where this is from you can bet, even a Rovers official could have seen it on here and repeated it because they've no friggin idea what might happen either. At times in the past there will have been people on here who have more idea than the officials themselves.

Nicko is close to agents pal he's an agents stooge and always has been.

He had a share in a (football) agency before I think as well.

Well if Lambert walks, and to be honest I wouldn't blame him if he did the clubs a shambles, thats me finished until these idiots leave.

They've made 1 good decision since they arrived and thats giving the green light to bring Paul Lambert in, but in typical Venkys style they're now trying as hard as possible to destroy that decision, its absolutely criminal, they're as thick as 2 short planks.

Tony Popovic, google him.

Started a team from scratch to win the Asian Champions league.

Today, His team came back from 0-3 to win 5-4 in the A league semi.

Young bloke, good manager, knows football, knows how to get the best out of his squad.

Having said that, would he want to work with the Venkys; probably not.

Nicko, Nicko, Check this out........

Nixon has to fill his section of the tabloid rumours in the Sun and Rovers are one of the clubs he is supposed to be an expert on.

If he's so close to Lambert then how come he didn't know he was being lined up to replace Bowyer? Even the day before Lambert was announced he didn't know whether or not it was a done deal and kept his options open, saying it 'should' get done but 'you never know with Venkys' etc etc.

There's no way Nixon has a source in India. If the senior staff at the club can't get communication and answers from Pune then there's little chance that a journo from the Sun has a direct line out there.

If he's getting any reliable information then it must be coming from someone in the UK. The only person who has any idea about the future is Paul Lambert and Sohail Pasha. Why would Lambert use the media to tell people he's off in the summer? If he's made his mind up then why not just do it instead of drip feeding the papers information? Lambert won't know who his possible replacements will be, just like he doesnt know a lot of things due to the lack of communication at the club.

Nixon did mention Lambert as a replacement along was Jokanovic, Pearson and Holloway about 3 weeks before Bowyer was sacked.

Nixon did an article 15 mins after Bowyer was sacked saying Lambert was becoming Rovers manager.

He has had the inside track on some of Lambert's signings like Graham, Bennett, Ward.

Someone is deffo telling him this stuff.

Dunn doesn't even have the attributes to be a decent coach of any kind, never mind a manager, D Johnson would be a more logical option, but obviously even he should be way down the list of candidates if PL leaves(or get the sack)

Johnson and Dunn are doing an excellent job with the Under-21's. I doubt either would want the manager's job although both have the coaching qualifications required.

Archived