BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has Anybody read the disgraceful article about Steve Kean in today's Daily Fail. An absolute disgrace.

He seems to pop up like clockwork every 4 months via one of his brown enveloped journos. The guy is a joke he really is, the type of jobs he's after he'll never get near even if he brings out his own daily football column in every rag in England.

How many failed coach to managers do we ever hear about regularly again when they shown themselves to be useless ? None.

What makes it worse with this fella is not just that the world is ignorant to the fact he's as dodgy and self serving as they come but the amount of people who buy into this badly treated crap.

One day coco, one day you @#/? :angry:

BLACKBURN want an old boy to replace unsettled boss Paul Lambert.

The Scot is expected to leave at the end of the season because of financial cuts and club owners Venkys are keen on someone with a Rovers link to take his place.

Current assistant Alan Irvine, David Dunn and Tim Sherwood are all in the frame.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/7100908/Crystal-Palace-boss-Alan-Pardew-wants-to-sign-Wolves-defender-Dominic-Iorfa-to-rebuild-defence-around.html

That's absolute guff!

1. No quotes or sources

2. It's about 20 words.

3. It's in the sun.

We appreciate them being posted here chaddy and this is not aimed at you- what a waste of time that whole article is!

That's absolute guff!

1. No quotes or sources

2. It's about 20 words.

3. It's in the sun.

We appreciate them being posted here chaddy and this is not aimed at you- what a waste of time that whole article is!

It was written by Alan Nixon who is very close to Lambert.

Lambert didnt look his usually self yesterday. He wants to get us promote next season but will need alot of cash to do so. What happens if we spend all of this money and we dont want to be another Bolton do we? BUT on the other hand if Lambert was promised that cash when appointed and now the owners have back track then no wonder he is annoyed. It all comes back to the owners not having a plan in place and sticking to it.

Yesterday before the match somebody on TheRovers group on facebook said Lambert will go. Said he was told by Ian Slivester who is the club secrectry here. (Not saying its reliable but I will post it)

Also In the past week hasn't someone posting on here that he heard a rumour that if Lambert goes then Irvine and Dunn will replace them?

Yea but these are all born out of his comments in the press.

You know what it's like. Someone posts something here, a minute later it's on one call or one of those others - sporting life etc, a few days later it's in the sun.

I still think PL is in the dark but I doubt very much he'd walk away without a pay out - as is tradition.

My hope is this is merely a charade to keep us under the radar. Can you imagine the opposite? If he was saying "well I've got 20m and I need this that and the other!"

Yea but these are all born out of his comments in the press.

You know what it's like. Someone posts something here, a minute later it's on one call or one of those others - sporting life etc, a few days later it's in the sun.

I still think PL is in the dark but I doubt very much he'd walk away without a pay out - as is tradition.

My hope is this is merely a charade to keep us under the radar. Can you imagine the opposite? If he was saying "well I've got 20m and I need this that and the other!"

Well If Nixon keeps saying the budget will be cut from this season, he must be getting his info from somewhere. Wonder who?

Lambert isnt happy with the situation at the minute. Guess we will see but I'm starting to think he will go BUT I hope he stays and rebuild the squad.

• Backroom

Lambert didnt look his usually self yesterday. He wants to get us promote next season but will need alot of cash to do so. What happens if we spend all of this money and we dont want to be another Bolton do we? BUT on the other hand if Lambert was promised that cash when appointed and now the owners have back track then no wonder he is annoyed. It all comes back to the owners not having a plan in place and sticking to it.

Yesterday before the match somebody on TheRovers group on facebook said Lambert will go. Said he was told by Ian Slivester who is the club secrectry here. (Not saying its reliable but I will post it)

Also In the past week hasn't someone posting on here that he heard a rumour that if Lambert goes then Irvine and Dunn will replace them?

Why would Lambert know who Venkys want to replace him with?

Well If Nixon keeps saying the budget will be cut from this season, he must be getting his info from somewhere. Wonder who?

Lambert isnt happy with the situation at the minute. Guess we will see but I'm starting to think he will go BUT I hope he stays and rebuild the squad.

Nixon has to find blurb to fill the rag. On that point, anything in a tabloid should be taken with a pinch of salt - especially without attribution.

It's almost lifted from here. If there was a full back page, with quotes like "back or I walk" or similar, I'd be more worried.

Do you agree that PL wouldn't go without a pay out? I can't see him beinh sacked.

If he goes more of the fans still remaining will vote with their feet. It finally dawned on me what their master plan is - They'll reduce the fan base to such a level that when they finally pull the plug there'll be nobody left bothered enough to do anything about it !

Nixon has to find blurb to fill the rag. On that point, anything in a tabloid should be taken with a pinch of salt - especially without attribution.

It's almost lifted from here. If there was a full back page, with quotes like "back or I walk" or similar, I'd be more worried.

Do you agree that PL wouldn't go without a pay out? I can't see him beinh sacked.

Could he have a case for " Constructive Dismissal " ?

If he goes more of the fans still remaining will vote with their feet. It finally dawned on me what their master plan is - They'll reduce the fan base to such a level that when they finally pull the plug there'll be nobody left bothered enough to do anything about it !

Could he have a case for " Constructive Dismissal " ?

I might be completely wrong- but why would anyone sink 120m into a business to shut it down?

Despite the "asset stripping" points of view, it's easy to see where the money has gone. More than 5% of that debt is probably from what we paid for and to Leon Best alone.

Edit - constructive dismissal? I couldn't say tbh as I don't know anything about employment law really

It's laughable that anyone pays any attention to the gross attention-seeking lump that is Nixon.

As far PL, I've been a big fan but I'm starting to get concerned. When he started, money was just an excuse for poor performance, now it's everything. I look at Warnock at Rotherham, Grayson at PNE, thingy at Brum, hell even the ginger potato at them lot and I see managers who extract more from the sum of parts than those parts would suggest is possible, don't think I'm seeing that with PL. Maybe he isn't what we need. Yes we have some complete guff in the squad and yes we have the same organisational ability as a badly run student union but like Brexit, I'm not sure.

Just read the article ..

The nickoteens get turned on so easy.

Chaddy has nixon been in contact with the loony bin in Pune ?

If not then even you can see it is another stick the boot in from the rovers hating lard arse ... If Nixon wrote prince is singing at half time you would believe him .

I might be completely wrong- but why would anyone sink 120m into a business to shut it down?

Despite the "asset stripping" points of view, it's easy to see where the money has gone. More than 5% of that debt is probably from what we paid for and to Leon Best alone.

Edit - constructive dismissal? I couldn't say tbh as I don't know anything about employment law really

I don't think they bought the club with the intention of shutting us down. However looking at the position they now find themselves in it would be an reasonable exit strategy for them. I'd say unless something changes the fan base will have been more than halved by the start of next season from where it was when they bought the club.

Reading some posts yesterday season ticket holding stalwarts of the club are losing interest. A relegation season next time would probably see the fan base reduced to a rump of about 6,000 die hards. How much of a protest will they make then.

It's laughable that anyone pays any attention to the gross attention-seeking lump that is Nixon.

As far PL, I've been a big fan but I'm starting to get concerned. When he started, money was just an excuse for poor performance, now it's everything. I look at Warnock at Rotherham, Grayson at PNE, thingy at Brum, hell even the ginger potato at them lot and I see managers who extract more from the sum of parts than those parts would suggest is possible, don't think I'm seeing that with PL. Maybe he isn't what we need. Yes we have some complete guff in the squad and yes we have the same organisational ability as a badly run student union but like Brexit, I'm not sure.

Not making excuses for Lambert at all but if he says everything's wrong at Ewood I'd say he was telling the truth. The way the club is " run " no manager could be counted on to succeed.

In that sentence you highlight my main issue - if Lambert can't get a straight answer from the owners about budgets and future direction - how would he know who his replacement would be.

The truth of the matter is that nobody outside Pune knows what the owners intentions are - anything coming out from the UK is only likely to be guess work.

I don't think they bought the club with the intention of shutting us down. However looking at the position they now find themselves in it would be an reasonable exit strategy for them. I'd say unless something changes the fan base will have been more than halved by the start of next season from where it was when they bought the club.

Reading some posts yesterday season ticket holding stalwarts of the club are losing interest. A relegation season next time would probably see the fan base reduced to a rump of about 6,000 die hards. How much of a protest will they make then.

Not making excuses for Lambert at all but if he says everything's wrong at Ewood I'd say he was telling the truth. The way the club is " run " no manager could be counted on to succeed.

Well if the attendances are as low as 6,000 that in itself is a form of protest.

Regarding the story itself, despite all the acrimony on here, it would not surprise me in the least to see one of those mentioned in charge next season.

I can't see it being Sherwood though.

Just read the article ..

The nickoteens get turned on so easy.

Chaddy has nixon been in contact with the loony bin in Pune ?

If not then even you can see it is another stick the boot in from the rovers hating lard arse ... If Nixon wrote prince is singing at half time you would believe him .

Who said I believe Nixon. All I done is posted the article.

I have posted my views after.

All you done is moaned and slagged me off again but yet again same sh1t different day with you.

Who said I believe Nixon. All I done is posted the article.

I have posted my views after.

All you done is moaned and slagged me off again but yet again same sh1t different day with you.

You do know by passing the swear filter is against board rules ?

So do you think Nixon is a honest journo or one of the slimy hacks who makes stuff up and gets away with it?

Archived