SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Lambert is actually a protestant himself anyway. There's nothing anti-protestant about Celtic whatsover. Or racist for that matter.

Anyway, there would be others above Lambert in the queue, such as Moyes, but he is apparently unwilling unless he is promised fairly significant funds to spend. This could potentially deter Lambert as well. But having Rangers in the top flight will probably mean the Celtic board might have to splash the cash a bit to remain top dog.

Not wanting to take this off topic, but I've seen plenty this last week in the comments section of news articles (and vice versa).

Not wanting to take this off topic, but I've seen plenty this last week in the comments section of news articles (and vice versa).

You will always get sectarianism on both sides of the old firm divide, sadly, but the club itself is not anti protestant or racist. The behaviour of a proportion of its huge fan base is another matter.

Maybe from a bunch of 15 year olds but never the club itself.

You will always get sectarianism on both sides of the old firm divide, sadly, but the club itself is not anti protestant or racist. The behaviour of a proportion of its huge fan base is another matter.

What he said.

From all I read and speaking with my Celtic mates, Celtic isn't being run that great either. They cash in on their better players and don't let the manager pick the players. Better run than Rovers but that's not saying much.

Also I've not heard Lamberts name mentioned. I would be amazed if they went for him. I like Lambert but he needs a more recent success than promotion with Norwich to get that job. Lennon, Moyes, Keane mentioned. Even Owen Coyle is ahead of him in the betting!!

Celtic are a poorly run club who's fan base is totally disillusioned with the way the club has gone over recent years. I know quite a lot of Celtic fans through watching St Pauli and hardly any of them go anymore for many reasons. Quite similar to Rovers in a lot of ways. If Lambert goes there it might well be another situation like he is in here.

I can think of a better ex-player who they could turn to, experience in the Premier League, managed abroad at Premier League level, great record of bringing youngsters through, tactical innovator, likes a refreshment, spins a good yarn...... you know where this is going.......

Celtic are a poorly run club who's fan base is totally disillusioned with the way the club has gone over recent years. I know quite a lot of Celtic fans through watching St Pauli and hardly any of them go anymore for many reasons. Quite similar to Rovers in a lot of ways. If Lambert goes there it might well be another situation like he is in here.

I can think of a better ex-player who they could turn to, experience in the Premier League, managed abroad at Premier League level, great record of bringing youngsters through, tactical innovator, likes a refreshment, spins a good yarn...... you know where this is going.......

Or "beer" as most people call it.

If you mean Moyes you forgot his best achievement of all.

They'll spend a lot more than us...

Lambert hasn't even had his budget set yet by the owners.

lets see what happened.

But I don't see Celtic spending money. Plus the post below sums up Celtic completely.

From all I read and speaking with my Celtic mates, Celtic isn't being run that great either. They cash in on their better players and don't let the manager pick the players. Better run than Rovers but that's not saying much.

Also I've not heard Lamberts name mentioned. I would be amazed if they went for him. I like Lambert but he needs a more recent success than promotion with Norwich to get that job. Lennon, Moyes, Keane mentioned. Even Owen Coyle is ahead of him in the betting!!

You forgot the most important bit..."He was good enough to play for celtic"_51821588_kean.jpg

Are Celtic going to be spending millions or something this summer? Highly doubtful.

I still think Lambert will stay here tbh

Will they be selling to buy sign a couple of freebies and a couple of loans ? Because we probably will. He'll be here if they don't call.............. ;)

I cannot believe that anyone actually thought he was referring to Davie Moyes????? Come on Vinjay lad lol

:wstu:

I don't suppose busy watching the Palace game and not paying full attention will be a suitable excuse?

To be fair it did say "managed abroad at Premier League level" could have perhaps indicated it wasn't the Spanish equivalent.

I cannot believe that anyone actually thought he was referring to Davie Moyes????? Come on Vinjay lad lol

I was thinking about what he might put on his CV. He might keep it real I suppose and describe himself as a lying, cheating, swindling, drunk driving, dog denying failure.

Archived