BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumours on fb that 8 players (unnamed) being let go, with Spurr offered a new deal, and a plan to relay 8 Brockhall pitches approved.

I wonder if movement is afoot?

I'm not so sure I'd be offering Spurr a new deal although he seems to have been one of the small group of existing players who seem to have bought into the new regime. He also seems to be at the age were he's injury prone.

You know nothing about Celtic a massive club with worldwide appeal whilst under Venky's our appeal is lucky to stretch past Hoghton and the Ribble Valley

As for budget keep dreaming

BTW it's no good having a budget with no one above to ratify anything.. PL Is here to manage the playing side not the entire club

Celtic have a large fanbase worldwide.

But they don't spending millions each and every season without selling a key player. This season they have spend 9.45 millions on transfer in but have received 13.88 millions in transfer outs.

We don't know about the budget as Lambert keeps saying he is waiting for the owners/Pasha to get back to him.

I agree Lambert should be managing the playing side of the club and a CEO the boardroom.

the owners should set the budget and let the CEO/Lambert run the club in their roles they are employed to do.

Celtic have a large fanbase worldwide.

But they don't spending millions each and every season without selling a key player. This season they have spend 9.45 millions on transfer in but have received 13.88 millions in transfer out.

What are we spending

And don't mention Pasha budgets etc as without a proper structure we're going round in circles.. After nearly 6 years enough is enough they're not going to learn.. The debt is huge, No one in authority, no one communicating. The manager on the brink, players going through the motions, our worse season for years, fans deserting the club, etc

something has to give..

VENKY'S OUT

Anything about the 'plan' to replace these 8 players?

If this is true surely that means he's been given the green light to spend / recruit?

They might be being replaced .......by turf for the pitches.

Rumours on fb that 8 players (unnamed) being let go, with Spurr offered a new deal, and a plan to relay 8 Brockhall pitches approved.

I wonder if movement is afoot?

Thanks for sharing the information, sadly Facebook is almost as bad as Twitter for nonsense.

But hope springs eternal, dialogue would be very be most welcome.

Just playing devils advocate here for a minute.

Nigel Pearson and Claudio Ranieri has assembled a Premeirship winning side on peanuts, City spent more on 1 player than Leicester have this season!

We all know our squad is full of league 1 players, but with Leicester doing so well on a shoe string does this not give chairmen (we should be so lucky) the right to expect more and refuse when managers ask for untold riches to improve the club?

Whats happened to the management team actually coaching players to be better, rather than just being cheque book managers?

The Leicester story sums up football for me. It's fine margins which dictate how well or bad sides do. Pearson deserves huge credit for their success this year. It can't be understated. He built a good squad of players and a work ethic to be admired. Ranieri has kept that and added that motivational aspect, the arm around the shoulder and the belief that Pearson couldn't. Not to take away from his tactical nous.

Sadly for Rovers, we've done it the wrong way around. We gave them the love under bowyer and now we're giving them the work ethic. Just one of the reasons Lambert deserves the opportunity to stamp some authority on the side. Letting him leave now would be madness. This club needs some discipline and values right from top to bottom.

Its grim whichever way you look at it.

Board depleted with no established leader, even if we had one they would not be allowed a transparent path and would be a tick box exercise. The Raos Fault

Deep in debt to levels this club has never witnessed, it does not matter where the debt is owed, debt is debt and the money owed to venkys is an interest free loan, not an interest free gift. The Raos fault

Squad is as bad as I can remember in over 30 years, thankfully many out of contract whilst many are loanees, however its gonna need more than a few million just to assemble are half competitive squad next season. The Raos Fault.

Best players over last 6 years sold, The Raos Fault.

Manager after Manager with zero experience up until Lamberts appointment, The Raos Fault.

No communication which has the Manager publically stating he does not know what his future holds, The Raos fault.

Crowds decreasing by the week and getting close to being as low as they where before Jack Walker arrived. The Raos Fault.

Club now a bottom third Championship club, The Raos fault.

No signs of improvement as we continue to fall down table, The Raos Fault.

Every potential buyer ignored, whilst debt continues to rise, The Raos fault.

If the Roas gave Lambert £20 million and we didnt go up next season, we would be even greater in debt, back under an embargo and no doubt pretty much a lost cause in terms of people buying us unless we went into administration.

We are now stuck between rock and hard place. More cost cutting needed, but how we cut it to stop more debt when the team is as poor as it is is anyones guess.

Or they chuck millions at it in the hope we can go up next season, which is easier said than done.

The next 4 months is really either the beginning or end of Rovers as we know it, we can ill afford one more decision which is an act of suicide

If they don't back him as they've obviously indicated they would do then they need to be gone asap whatever the consequences. Keep hanging on going backwards season on season as we have since they arrived and what then ? Who really wants that just so we can stay a struggling champ club until we drop and become a mid table league one club, still under their watch !

It's coming whether they are here or not and even if they can keep racking up the debt what then ? BRFC will still owe VLL 150 mill or more and if by some miracle someone after another 5 years does a Lambert/Norwich and takes us back up to the Prem in consecutive seasons they'll hang around whilst they finally grab that cash back. We'll end up back where we are now all over again with them back in the black but still propping the club up.

Back him or pull the plug and be done with it.

Board depleted with no established leader, even if we had one they would not be allowed a transparent path and would be a tick box exercise. The Raos Fault

Deep in debt to levels this club has never witnessed, it does not matter where the debt is owed, debt is debt and the money owed to venkys is an interest free loan, not an interest free gift. The Raos fault

Squad is as bad as I can remember in over 30 years, thankfully many out of contract whilst many are loanees, however its gonna need more than a few million just to assemble are half competitive squad next season. The Raos Fault.

Manager after Manager with zero experience up until Lamberts appointment, The Raos Fault.

No communication which has the Manager publically stating he does not know what his future holds, The Raos fault.

Crowds decreasing by the week and getting close to being as low as they where before Jack Walker arrived. The Raos Fault.

If the Roas gave Lambert £20 million and we didnt go up next season, we would be even greater in debt, back under an embargo and no doubt pretty much a lost cause in terms of people buying us unless we went into administration.

We are now stuck between rock and hard place. More cost cutting needed, but how we cut it to stop more debt when the team is as poor as it is is anyones guess.

Or they chuck millions at it in the hope we can go up next season, which is easier said than done.

The next 4 months is really either the beginning or end of Rovers as we know it, we can ill afford one more decision which is an act of suicide

Not disagreeing with the sentiment - but the Walker Trust has to take some of the blame - as does he who who can't be named. Depends on perspective of whether they are victims as much as the club - lets not forget they have lost millions owning Rovers which can only be recouped by promotion back to the Premiership. Indeed the debts are that big - one season in the financial promised land probably wouldn't be enough.

Their apparent total lack of understanding in how to run a football club makes me think it would be easy for somebody to dupe them with what was involved in owning a football club. The only thing they have done that gets any credit - is to continue to fund the club - but their approach to running the club has meant they have effectively wasted the money. I still cling to the hope that moves are afoot in India to appoint a new CEO - and that is the reason for the delays in giving PL the assurances he wants (I can dream)

BTW - not certain if we would go immediately back under an embargo - as I thought FFP was now calculated on losses over a three year period. Stand to be corrected on that - of course the agreement when we came out of FFP may have its own clauses.

In the grand scheme of things another borrowed 20/30 million or so isn't too big an ask as it currently stands were screwed anyway.

With the silence around are the clowns actually close to binning the club or are they waiting on more poor advice from another character who imho should be nowhere near Ewood but even if PL is given a warchest how much red tape will there be when it actually comes to signings.

The club is dying on its feet with these charlatans in India

A lot of people are starting to come around to somehow picking up the pieces like Portsmouth or even lower as the best scenario

I don't know the answer but it certainly isn't Venky's

As you say Glenn giving a warchest won't guarantee promotion but it would put is into catastrophic debt

I think this summer the proverbial may well hit the fan

Venkys out

Not disagreeing with the sentiment - but the Walker Trust has to take some of the blame - as does he who who can't be named. Depends on perspective of whether they are victims as much as the club - lets not forget they have lost millions owning Rovers which can only be recouped by promotion back to the Premiership. Indeed the debts are that big - one season in the financial promised land probably wouldn't be enough.

Their apparent total lack of understanding in how to run a football club makes me think it would be easy for somebody to dupe them with what was involved in owning a football club. The only thing they have done that gets any credit - is to continue to fund the club - but their approach to running the club has meant they have effectively wasted the money. I still cling to the hope that moves are afoot in India to appoint a new CEO - and that is the reason for the delays in giving PL the assurances he wants (I can dream)

BTW - not certain if we would go immediately back under an embargo - as I thought FFP was now calculated on losses over a three year period. Stand to be corrected on that - of course the agreement when we came out of FFP may have its own clauses.

Regarding the question of them being duped. My question would be what were their motivations when they listened to an agent/advisor rather than the chairman and Board that had run the club successfully for the previous decade? Did they decide against the Board's advice for the good of the club or for personal gain/greed. I know which one I believe and therefore will not give them any sympathy for being duped/misled or any other excuse

Regarding the question of them being duped. My question would be what were their motivations when they listened to an agent/advisor rather than the chairman and Board that had run the club successfully for the previous decade? Did they decide against the Board's advice for the good of the club or for personal gain/greed. I know which one I believe and therefore will not give them any sympathy for being duped/misled or any other excuse

Nail on the head, right there.

Thanks for sharing the information, sadly Facebook is almost as bad as Twitter for nonsense.

But hope springs eternal, dialogue would be very be most welcome.

I saw the same post, no sources quoted though so not sure where the lad got his info from

I saw the same post, no sources quoted though so not sure where the lad got his info from

The article below in the LET says:

But the surfaces at the senior training centre and Academy are in the process of being reseeded.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14444656.Blackburn_Rovers_boss_Paul_Lambert_clarifies_comments_on_Ewood_Park_pitch/?ref=mac

I don't know if that's what the facebook guy was referring to or if they are different pitches he's talking about.

Have you any evidence that they've ever listened to advice ?

All this duped, bad advice tripe doesn't wash anymore. They were in it for the wrong reasons from the start and they quite willingly let their snakes slide amongst us and left them there when it was obvious their poison was killing the club from the inside.

Trouble is a snake is a snake it's never a pet and when they tried to pick it up again they finally realised they'd been bitten themselves. Now it seems they've run for the hills.

Bent the lot of em !

Archived