SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lad on the Rovers facebook page posted this today

I've heard that the Venkys aren't giving any funds to Paul lambert as they want him to walk in summer. They have fast tracked Dunny's. Coaching license and want to install him as the manager thinking the fans would be won over 👎🏼

Surely Dunn already has his coaching license?

I don't really care what Dunn said in relation to Kean.

He was a disaster at Oldham & that is the only factor that counts.

Irvine has also been crap everywhere he's managed.

Sherwood a loose cannon & also hardly a great CV, but would at least be interesting.

Johnson, I reckon his time as a manager will come, just not yet.

Irvine does have the Evertonian connection that's very strong at Ewood these dark days !

Personally speaking I'd love David Dunn to manage us. Just preferably after he's made more mistakes elsewhere first and become a good manager in the process. I'd like to think he'd turn it down if offered now. If he cares for the club like he says he does, he'd realise by taking it he'd be putting the whole thing in huge jeopardy. I wouldn't dismiss his ability to manage per se. But not yet. We all need to cut our teeth somewhere.

This kind of nonsense is self-fulfilling. The more it gets shared the more credible it becomes.

In contrast, I've heard from a reliable source that Venkys have finally had their meeting with Lambert via Skype after yesterday's game and a budget has been agreed and signed off. Season tickets will be on sale from next Friday and Lambert has signed an improved contract.

(I haven't of course but that's how easy it is).

I've heard nothing yet I've predicted all along Irvine will be in the hot seat sooner or later and we'll continue to sell players so the club can keep going.

It was obvious what was going on last summer when only the finance guy went to India. Since then it's been sell sell sell, yes the appointment of Lambert & co was a complete one out of the blue but again it was probably part of a bigger picture. Not one we want to look at either.

Good old Venkys, after one blip of normality they're back to being bang on course to finally bring the club to it's knees.

Does anyone seriously think they've given any thought to who they'd like to manage if Lambert left. I don't.

Yeah, a Mr J Ali I think his name is .......

I've heard nothing yet I've predicted all along Irvine will be in the hot seat sooner or later and we'll continue to sell players so the club can keep going.

It was obvious what was going on last summer when only the finance guy went to India. Since then it's been sell sell sell, yes the appointment of Lambert & co was a complete one out of the blue but again it was probably part of a bigger picture. Not one we want to look at either.

Good old Venkys, after one blip of normality they're back to being bang on course to finally bring the club to it's knees.

Conspiracy theory alert but... whichever way you look at it, bringing in Lambert did make the sale of Rhodes go through without the oft threatened riots in the town. ^_^

C'mon. There is no big picture. They are just winging it! I would love to know what was said to him at the interview though. Interesting that both fella's involved when he was unveiled are gone or going.

Without a chairman of some description in place for the close season, surely Lambert's position is becoming untenable though?

Conspiracy theory alert but... whichever way you look at it, bringing in Lambert did make the sale of Rhodes go through without the oft threatened riots in the town. ^_^

C'mon. There is no big picture. They are just winging it! I would love to know what was said to him at the interview though. Interesting that both fella's involved when he was unveiled are gone or going.

Without a chairman of some description in place for the close season, surely Lambert's position is becoming untenable though?

Aye I said that about Rhodes/Lambert at the time and that's what I got called :lol:

I do genuinely think he was brought in to do some dirty work whether he knew it or not. He's obviously agreed to it in terms of Rhodes if the money was agreed and he's got his backing out of it with the loans and a so called view to buy. Unless we'd rocketed up the league on the back of this then they never had any intention of doing anything other than what they are doing now imo.

They took a gamble whilst there was money to pay for them to do so, probably on advice. Now they are stuck again but the habit of selling players to pay the bills has been set and they'll not want to break it. This charade may well rumble on another year or so whilst we've the possibility of another 10 mill in combined sales.

Then they and us will be truly snookered with zero income.

Does the idea that it's easier to find work when you're in work apply to football managers? Wouldn't put it past an agent to use a club as such if he could.

The silence from the owners compounded by PL's comments, are bound to create space for rumour and conspiracy.

PL has pretty much said that in his chats with the papers.. running the club on a wing and a prayer, important it is run professionally, no one having a clue where they stand (loanies, players soon our of contract etc), no leader at the club (chairman),. not just a toy you can play with.. it is the same rubbish we have had from Venkys since day one, they do something half decent then get bored and abandon the club to fall even further. Personally I am surprised Lambert has managed to stay so long without being fired, the Indian Caste system really does not like you telling your 'betters" how to do things.

As for shouts of a protest.. well christ we had a far better chance of a reaction if peeps had stood up back in the day when people first realised the poo that Venkys had landed us in, at the time when the original protests where called for.. now we have far less in the stadium to make a noise, no EPL position to shout from, no recent history in the big leagues and we are surrounded by the burn't out shells of some cruelly epic failures of other clubs since (we don't really need to look far with the likes of Blackpool, Bolton and Wigan within shouting distance)... bar owners who are utter fools we no longer have the ammo of Agents like JA, stupid overspending or dumb ass recent decisions. Nothing was ever made of the sale document where Venkys stated they wanted a well run club, with the manager and board staying in place.. why did so few do something back then? It was, to me at least, a clear statement of intent in regards to their plans and ability.

Danny Graham WANTS to stay at Rovers but Lambert cant sign him yet until Venkys tell him what the budget is for next season

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14449048.Danny_Graham_wants_to_stay_at_Blackburn_Rovers___but_admits_talks_over_permanent_move_have_gone_quiet/

Lambert's quotes are spot on and in a normal world would bring things to a head very quickly. Trouble is this is Wankyworld.

Credit to Lambert though.

Danny Graham WANTS to stay at Rovers but Lambert cant sign him yet until Venkys tell him what the budget is for next season

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14449048.Danny_Graham_wants_to_stay_at_Blackburn_Rovers___but_admits_talks_over_permanent_move_have_gone_quiet/

Talks have gone quiet.. I wonder why? Noone to talk to for one

TBF to PL he's trying once more via the media

A certain player was approached over the weekend and asked if PL would be here next season his reply was it's difficult to guess who will be here next season

Less than two weeks remain of the season this club is so dissfunctional it's crazy

It did come from a poster who was a bit miffed at Gaz's dismissal and a bit non impressed at PLs appointment if I remember rightly.

Just saying....... ;)

Passed it on in good faith. Loved Lambert's appointment, shame Bowyer went. Graham in the paper saying he would like to stay and gone quiet. Normal clubs sort deals out in January for the summer, not us.

This kind of nonsense is self-fulfilling. The more it gets shared the more credible it becomes.

In contrast, I've heard from a reliable source that Venkys have finally had their meeting with Lambert via Skype after yesterday's game and a budget has been agreed and signed off. Season tickets will be on sale from next Friday and Lambert has signed an improved contract.

(I haven't of course but that's how easy it is).

That's silly thing to say Stuart. There are now countless newspaper reports, rumours out there to suggest Lambert is walking and not happy.

Passed it on in good faith. Loved Lambert's appointment, shame Bowyer went. Graham in the paper saying he would like to stay and gone quiet. Normal clubs sort deals out in January for the summer, not us.

That's silly thing to say Stuart. There are now countless newspaper reports, rumours out there to suggest Lambert is walking and not happy.

but how much in the newspaper reports is coming from speculation in places like this. With an absence of real sources, papers get their stories from wherever and all Stuart is saying is how easy it is for anyone to put stories, true or untrue, or a mix of both, out there. For all we know it might be happening like he says. If nobody in a position to tell us at the club, because there is nobody to tell us, says anything and we can't see anything happening then rumours will increase.

but how much in the newspaper reports is coming from speculation in places like this. With an absence of real sources, papers get their stories from wherever and all Stuart is saying is how easy it is for anyone to put stories, true or untrue, or a mix of both, out there. For all we know it might be happening like he says. If nobody in a position to tell us at the club, because there is nobody to tell us, says anything and we can't see anything happening then rumours will increase.

Not one bit. Journalists ask the people concerned. They do not go on message boards and run stories on the back of Bobs views from Fenniscowles.

• Backroom

Not one bit. Journalists ask the people concerned. They do not go on message boards and run stories on the back of Bobs views from Fenniscowles.

Only true in some cases. There are plenty of hacks who quite literally make things up. I remember a few years ago a quote from Ferguson being fabricated on a Man Utd forum and soon appearing in multiple papers.

Only true in some cases. There are plenty of hacks who quite literally make things up. I remember a few years ago a quote from Ferguson being fabricated on a Man Utd forum and soon appearing in multiple papers.

Well there are numerous interviews with Lambert over the last month or so begging for money, refusing to confirm where he will be next year. This is not made up.

Archived