BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

All may not be lost, it was mentioned on here last week that Pasha is due back at Ewood this week, what he's going to do was never clarified, but he may have good news :wacko:

It was in the LT that he was due back before the end of the season. It is a good idea to see what happens though. Why would anyone want to rush towards admin/liquidation at any point - never mind before Lambert has his answer?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All may not be lost, it was mentioned on here last week that Pasha is due back at Ewood this week, what he's going to do was never clarified, but he may have good news :wacko:

He's coming to give Lambert his marching orders.

Interventions by this Pasha chap seem to have been good.

Here's hoping

I'm baffled by the way everyone is talking on this thread as if Lambert is doing a good job. Frankly he looks less and less like the man who could take us forward by the game. With or without a decent budget in summer.

Lambert's spell in charge has been a colossal waste of time, if it wasn't possible to reach the play offs this season, and it quickly became apparent that it wouldn't be, then it should have been all about building a challenge for next season, instead he filled the side with players who wont be here next season.

Kilgallon at LB ffs. That's another one. He hasn't been able to get a game at CB in his time here and is out of contract in summer yet suddenly gets a run of games at LB where he looks like a fish on a bike. You couldn't make it up.I'd sooner play a 17 year old from the Academy.

If I were the owners and had the stomach and resources for yet another stab at promotion and throwing another 30m quid down a black hole I'd be saying "Yes there will be a substantial transfer budget in summer. But not for you chum."

Sadly I suspect Lambert's miserable failure was the last roll of the dice for the owners and that they had a change of heart in January sometime. Hope I'm wrong on that front.

I'm baffled by the way everyone is talking on this thread as if Lambert is doing a good job. Frankly he looks less and less like the man who could take us forward by the game. With or without a decent budget in summer.

Lambert's spell in charge has been a colossal waste of time, if it wasn't possible to reach the play offs this season, and it quickly became apparent that it wouldn't be, then it should have been all about building a challenge for next season, instead he filled the side with players who wont be here next season.

Kilgallon at LB ffs. That's another one. He hasn't been able to get a game at CB in his time here and is out of contract in summer yet suddenly gets a run of games at LB where he looks like a fish on a bike. You couldn't make it up.I'd sooner play a 17 year old from the Academy.

If I were the owners and had the stomach and resources for yet another stab at promotion and throwing another 30m quid down a black hole I'd be saying "Yes there will be a substantial transfer budget in summer. But not for you chum."

Sadly I suspect Lambert's miserable failure was the last roll of the dice for the owners and that they had a change of heart in January sometime. Hope I'm wrong on that front.

He hasn't failed miserably IMO.

He inherited a side with 3 wins in 17 league games, which if things had remained as they were would quite probably have been in MK Dons' position now.

Given where we were in November and the standard of playing squad he inherited, the best that could have been expected this season was top half or mid-table. So long as he kept us clear of the bottom 3 he accomplished his mission.

Up until the last 5-6 games things were looking a lot better. The victories over Boro and Birmingham and excellent performances at places like Burnley and Derby showed me that this is a manager with a plan and who was at least starting to impose his philosophy on the club and that steps were being taken to progress the team. Things have unravelled in the last month or so. Partly due to player incompetence (3 consecutive sendings off), partly due to having nothing left to play for other than pride, partly due to the majority of this squad knowing they won't be here next season or unsure where their future lies, and partly due to the manager being left out on a limb by his employers. A recipe that no manager will work successfully under.

I will judge Lambert if or when he is given a proper opportunity. At this stage he hasn't had that. He deserves the chance of a full season, summer and his own squad.

Nor has he filled the squad with players who won't be here next season. Bennett and Ward are on lengthy contracts and are capable squad players with the right attitude who have demonstrated they are more reliable than those they will replace. Danny Graham has been an excellent signing and clearly he and the manager are desperate to make it a permanent arrangement, but Venkys will probably ruin our chances on that front. Tony Watt showed signs of being a quality addition until his unfortunate injury. Jackson was a squad filler, Gomez and Grimes short term loans who could work or not, both have shown glimpses but not enough to earn permanent deals.

• Backroom

Lambert has had two purple patches of good form since he took charge, squeezed between two prolonged runs of very poor form. A slightly better return than GB but only slightly. I think fans have every right to expect a little more than being beaten at home by the likes of Huddersfield and Preston.

That said, he absolutely deserves a full pre-season and a chance to rebuild the squad properly before being judged. If Bowyer could get us to 7th with Venky's in charge and a modest budget then in theory Lambert should be able to do better, but the squad has been decimated to such a level that at least £5-7m will be necessary to replace the quality that's been discarded. The players Lambert currently has are basically the workhorses without any of the quality that pushed us towards the playoff positions under Bowyer.

I've said it before, but no investment in the summer means we go down with or without Lambert, imo. I think he'll walk rather than stay here for a relegation battle, but even if he stays I do not see us surviving with the players we'll have left plus another group of free transfers and cheap loans. At best we'll be this season's Bolton, at worst last season's Blackpool. I can't see Lambert sticking around for that.

• Moderation Lead

I'm baffled by your stance, but then it isn't the first time I've said that. Didn't you want Allardyce potting? Surprised you've still got the front to post on here after that.

Just admit you don't like him because he sold Rhodes and be done with it will you? Everything else you've said is pretty pathetic and daft.

You do seem anti-Lambert just for the sake of it at times. We were heading down before he came and had Rhodes in the team who wanted out. I think that his buys/loans have been ok and we have managed to get the likes of Taylor, Williamson, Delfouneso etc out of the starting eleven. The initial idea with Graham, Watt and Gomez was probably with an eye on the long term and if they were good enough, sign them. Sadly, God only knows what the Venkys are planning to do with us next and we are sounding like a shambles who are heading in one direction next year.

Forgot to mention, it hasn't been great though but the squad is woeful and littered with players with poor mentalities. If someone expected us to scrape the play offs then I can understand viewing him as a massive failure but that expectation was very unrealistic.

I'm baffled by your stance, but then it isn't the first time I've said that. Didn't you want Allardyce potting? Surprised you've still got the front to post on here after that.

Just admit you don't like him because he sold Rhodes and be done with it will you? Everything else you've said is pretty pathetic and daft

No I didn't want Allardyce potted but nice try.

I didn't agree with the decision to sell Rhodes certainly, and there's nothing so far to suggest this was the right decision. Lambert produced impressive results during his honeymoon period, eleven points from five games, but at that point it became fairly apparent imo that the players chucked their toys out of the pram for whatever reason and since then we've produced just 21 points from 23 games with no wins in seven coming up towards the end of the season when everyone should be trying to impress the owners with a view to next season.

"Pathetic and daft" is rightly sacking a manager for producing unacceptable results. (Bowyer) then placing blind faith in a manager producing exactly the same results.

I can't judge Lambert on his stints at Norwich or Villa, I can only judge him on what we've seen in his time here and its been atrocious. It's not just the results, if Lambert had achieved similar results by chucking a load of kids in with a view to building for the future that would have given some hope. It's more the poor transfer dealings and complete lack of forward planning that have turned me off Lambert the most, there's no sign of encouragement on the pitch whatsoever going forward at the moment..

Just admit you don't like him because he sold Rhodes and be done with it will you? Everything else you've said is pretty pathetic and daft.

You out of order if your a moderator K-Hod.

• Moderation Lead

You out of order if your a moderator K-Hod.

How so?

No I didn't want Allardyce potted but nice try.

I didn't agree with the decision to sell Rhodes certainly, and there's nothing so far to suggest this was the right decision. Lambert produced impressive results during his honeymoon period, eleven points from five games, but at that point it became fairly apparent imo that the players chucked their toys out of the pram for whatever reason and since then we've produced just 21 points from 23 games with no wins in seven coming up towards the end of the season when everyone should be trying to impress the owners with a view to next season.

"Pathetic and daft" is rightly sacking a manager for producing unacceptable results. (Bowyer) then placing blind faith in a manager producing exactly the same results.

I can't judge Lambert on his stints at Norwich or Villa, I can only judge him on what we've seen in his time here and its been atrocious. It's not just the results, if Lambert had achieved similar results by chucking a load of kids in with a view to building for the future that would have given some hope. It's more the poor transfer dealings and complete lack of forward planning that have turned me off Lambert the most, there's no sign of encouragement on the pitch whatsoever going forward at the moment..

It really hasn't been atrocious, you're just being melodramatic now. The lack of forward planning? Lambert is desperate to get that resolved via the owners FGS! Haven't you seen any of the recent interviews/articles in the LT?

Actually a lot of what ive seen recently has been atrocious but the forward planning bit is hardly Lamberts fault. How can you forward plan if you havent got a clue what youre planning with. You dont know whos going to be here. Youre not even sure you will be. Its hardly surprising it all looks bad. I dont know if lamberts the man to take us forward but id like him to have a fair crack of the whip

Honeymoon up to just before Christmas.

Poor through Christmas and up to late January.

Throughout Feb and up to mid March looked like a team with a plan- 4 home wins on the bounce.

Poor since.

For me, the instability in the club, be that management, contracts or whatever else has brought on this decline since Mid March.

If lambert goes which I now fully expect from some of the quotes we are seeing; if so even us loyal fans will have had enough and I can't see anything other than total meltdown

I now fear we are going to have to drop to the absolute bottom before we come back

I'd bet my house that Balaji has considered the thought of doing it himself.

A Venky's employee walks into a bar and says 'ouch'

It was Balaji's iron bar.

Tell that one to the players at 2.45 on a Saturday afternoon and results could really improve.

Who would you prefer at left back then ? Henley ? Who's failed there umpteen times before. A green kid most of us have never even heard of or seen play ? We still weren't safe at 3.00 on Saturday.

You lack of objectivity does you no credit what so ever. Just say you don't like Lambert, never wanted him in the first place etc. At least you'd be being honest .

Remember Bowyer saying he was looking forwards to the battle for left back this season ? Well that worked out well :blink:

Again a complete failure by those running the club and these owners for selling another good player and making no effort to have him replaced.

Who would you prefer at left back then ? Henley ? Who's failed there umpteen times before. A green kid most of us have never even heard of or seen play ? We still weren't safe at 3.00 on Saturday.

You lack of objectivity does you no credit what so ever. Just say you don't like Lambert, never wanted him in the first place etc. At least you'd be being honest .

Though Henley has been found wanting - at one time he did look an excellent prospect. For this reason alone I was surprised that Killgallon got the nod at left back - we learn nothing with him at left back, other than he is a good defender but only (at best) cover for left back. Personally i would have played Henley - it would have given the team more pace down the flanks - and seen what he could do. I don't know where it went wrong for Henley - but can't help feel he is worth one last chance to rediscover his form.

Whenever Henley has played at left back this season (not just against West Ham) he has been ripped to shreds. Same at right back, most notably when he came on against MK Dons and gifted them a goal due to back off

Henley isnt good enough and should be sold this summer. Hasnt develop and if anything gone backwards

When he 1St hit the scene thought he'd be half decent but tbh he's gone backwards but he won't be the only one sold highly likely those commanding the biggest fee will be

Just read on the daily record website

Mark Warburton wants his business complete by the end of June

We can only dream of that

Though Henley has been found wanting - at one time he did look an excellent prospect. For this reason alone I was surprised that Killgallon got the nod at left back - we learn nothing with him at left back, other than he is a good defender but only (at best) cover for left back. Personally i would have played Henley - it would have given the team more pace down the flanks - and seen what he could do. I don't know where it went wrong for Henley - but can't help feel he is worth one last chance to rediscover his form.

In my opinion he has had enough chances and he hasn't looked remotely like a footballer (aside from the first few appearances) either at left or right back. He just hasn't looked like he has the basics. He should be given the opportunity to restart his career at another club.

Henley was on about 5k pwk before he signed a new deal so he's probably still on similar. Could we find a better prospect or contributor for that ? I'd say so as I don't ever think he's going to cut the mustard at this level consistently.

He could be good back up in the hope he'll be a later bloomer but his head seems to have gone down now and he's been no good at that. Another example of mamby pamby academy stuff who's been softened by money and the pro footballer lifestyle before he's earned it properly, he's not alone. A season or two of Sunday morning or non league at a young age would have done this lad a world of good.

Archived