BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

Lets face it, no one has a clue what will happen in the summer - that includes Lambert and Nixon. All this talk of budget cuts and replacements being lined up if Lambert leaves. Do we seriously believe Venkys have a plan in place for the summer in terms of budgets and potential new managers?

Someone inside the club clearly thinks that there will be budget cuts (probably Myers) and is leaking this info to the press. Lambert is trying to get this confirmed by going directly to the owners for answers. Venkys, of course, have not responded so that's the current state of play.

In other words, it's the usual confusion and chaos that goes hand in hand with Venkys.

If I was Lambert, I would walk at the end of the season. But would he get another job? I'm not so sure. His reputation was tarnished at Villa and he's hardly pulled up any trees with us either. For that reason I don't believe it's a foregone conclusion he'll walk if the reports of budget cuts are true.

As things stand, we are certainties for relegation next season imo. There's no fight or spirit left at the club unfortunately.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does everyone make of the quote from PL ;-

"I’ve got a rough idea of what’s going to happen."

He's been told by someone in the club that there will be no money to spend but he's trying to get this confirmed directly from the owners. That's my reading of the situation.

Not one bit. Journalists ask the people concerned. They do not go on message boards and run stories on the back of Bobs views from Fenniscowles.

reputable journalists do. And reputable papers won't print unless they trust the journalist and his sources. But then look at the number of stories even about big clubs that prove to be totally untrue or contain just a grain of truth but are largely fabricated. Sometimes the more you say things the more likely they become. With nobody at rovers apparently having a clue what's going on, if you pick up a snippet of truth there's nobody and nothing to stop you building a whole house of cards on it provided you cover your back with it is thought that, sources believe that etc

Yes, sounds to me like he's heard via advisors or middle men about roughly what he's going to be working with, seemingly a lot less than he was expecting, but he's waiting for the owners to confirm this directly to him, and still holds some hope that they might change their minds of give him more in the coming few weeks.

His comment of 'two weeks to go' sounds ominous. That could easily be read as him counting down to D-day. I think the week following the Reading game will be hugely significant. If he's going to walk I would expect it to be around then. If he's still in the job at this point in 3 weeks time I'll be more confident that he'll be staying.

Unfortunately its not just the budget that's of concern here. Its the whole setup. If they gave him £40 million and control of the chequebook it would only be of use if they allow control to the UK and give Lambert the rest of what he wants - communication and a CEO.

reputable journalists do. And reputable papers won't print unless they trust the journalist and his sources. But then look at the number of stories even about big clubs that prove to be totally untrue or contain just a grain of truth but are largely fabricated. Sometimes the more you say things the more likely they become. With nobody at rovers apparently having a clue what's going on, if you pick up a snippet of truth there's nobody and nothing to stop you building a whole house of cards on it provided you cover your back with it is thought that, sources believe that etc

You also see journos use the terms 'u-turn' and 'change of heart' quite regularly. Could it be that there was no change of heart or u-turn, they were just misled by their sources.

Danny Graham WANTS to stay at Rovers but Lambert cant sign him yet until Venkys tell him what the budget is for next season

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14449048.Danny_Graham_wants_to_stay_at_Blackburn_Rovers___but_admits_talks_over_permanent_move_have_gone_quiet/

Very very worrying, a shambles, treating the club and its supporters as idiots again, with contempt, disgusting.

Yes, sounds to me like he's heard via advisors or middle men about roughly what he's going to be working with, seemingly a lot less than he was expecting, but he's waiting for the owners to confirm this directly to him, and still holds some hope that they might change their minds of give him more in the coming few weeks.

His comment of 'two weeks to go' sounds ominous. That could easily be read as him counting down to D-day. I think the week following the Reading game will be hugely significant. If he's going to walk I would expect it to be around then. If he's still in the job at this point in 3 weeks time I'll be more confident that he'll be staying.

Unfortunately its not just the budget that's of concern here. Its the whole setup. If they gave him £40 million and control of the chequebook it would only be of use if they allow control to the UK and give Lambert the rest of what he wants - communication and a CEO.

I don't know the ins and outs but it's claimed Lambert is looking for £20m which is ridiculous. Give him the Rhodes money, 7/8m. Giving him 20m is risky.

You don't need to spend fortunes to get out of this league. Lambert himself got Norwich promoted on a shoe string budget, Dyche got Burnley promoted with no money to spend, Brighton haven't spent a fortune, Palace didn't spend much, and McCarthy got Ipswich in the playoffs. Rowett is also working wonders at Brum.

According to Sky promotion to the PL this season is worth £200 million:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/10257291/middlesbrough-burnley-brighton-thrilling-promotion-picture-analysed

Surely that is worth a 5% or £10 milllion pound punt by V's next season.............................anything else would prove to me that they are vindictive or simply stupid

Have they run off with the Jordan Rhodes money ?

I always thought Balaji coughed up his personal cash to buy Rhodes........................if so maybe its been invested spunked away with an IPL bookie

Have they run off with the Jordan Rhodes money ?

Run-ning costs :(

According to Sky promotion to the PL this season is worth £200 million:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/10257291/middlesbrough-burnley-brighton-thrilling-promotion-picture-analysed

Surely that is worth a 5% or £10 milllion pound punt by V's next season.............................anything else would prove to me that they are vindictive or simply stupid

I always thought Balaji coughed up his personal cash to buy Rhodes........................if so maybe its been invested spunked away with an IPL bookie

You do have to wonder why they seem happy with such a loss making enterprise when there is such a goal to aim for.

I don't know the ins and outs but it's claimed Lambert is looking for £20m which is ridiculous. Give him the Rhodes money, 7/8m. Giving him 20m is risky.

You don't need to spend fortunes to get out of this league. Lambert himself got Norwich promoted on a shoe string budget, Dyche got Burnley promoted with no money to spend, Brighton haven't spent a fortune, Palace didn't spend much, and McCarthy got Ipswich in the playoffs. Rowett is also working wonders at Brum.

I think we also need to consider that we were losing money with parachute payments - so a £20m war chest would be on top of them supporting even greater debts just keeping the club going - say a total outlay of £40m for the season ?

Ever the optimist - I hope that they will come over for the final match of the season - and together with Lambert put up a united front and support a push for promotion next season (as Gary would say - give it a right good go). From a PR perspective it would be ideal timing - last match of the season usually brings a larger than average attendance - and it would be a badly needed boost for season ticket sales. Unfortunately it seems too sensible for our owners.

I think we also need to consider that we were losing money with parachute payments - so a £20m war chest would be on top of them supporting even greater debts just keeping the club going - say a total outlay of £40m for the season ?

No point trying to understand Venkys mindset DMTP, every season outside of the Prem costs them millions, one season with the right man in charge and £20m would see us promoted and almost wipe out the debt.

Parachute payments or not, they're losing money hand over fist, their business sense is non existent and that coupled with no brain cells is a very dangerous cocktail as we see from the balance sheet.

If Paul Lambert walks away its game over.

No point trying to understand Venkys mindset DMTP, every season outside of the Prem costs them millions, one season with the right man in charge and £20m would see us promoted and almost wipe out the debt.

Parachute payments or not, they're losing money hand over fist, their business sense is non existent and that coupled with no brain cells is a very dangerous cocktail as we see from the balance sheet.

If Paul Lambert walks away its game over.

Makes you wonder what they actually have to hide ?

I think his reputation has neither gone up or down as a result of his time at Rovers. It's just about where it was when he joined us.

He's still a marketable asset for clubs around our level looking for an experienced guy.

If he were to struggle on with the lack of owner support the way things are at the moment his reputation could really suffer.

In that case the end of this season would be a good time to go from his point of view.

He could justifiably blame the never ending shambles going on at Ewood and walk away with his slate still pretty clean.

I think his reputation has neither gone up or down as a result of his time at Rovers. It's just about where it was when he joined us.

He's still a marketable asset for clubs around our level looking for an experienced guy.

If he were to struggle on with the lack of owner support the way things are at the moment his reputation could really suffer.

In that case the end of this season would be a good time to go from his point of view.

He could justifiably blame the never ending shambles going on at Ewood and walk away with his slate still pretty clean.

and who would blame him?

I was stunned, shocked even when Lambert took the job, he was clearly given assurances that seem on the face of things to be pie in the sky and he's not happy, been taken for a fool by the tone of his interviews in the press.

He's made no secret of the fact that his time towards the end at Villa was terrible, made him ill, and the Villa situation almost mirrors ours.

So whilst people are saying Lambert should be getting more out of the players etc etc, think about the situation he finds himself in, no boss, no line of communication, having to turn players away when they're looking for answers, he's running the club without any authority, he must be frustrated beyond belief.

and who would blame him?

I was stunned, shocked even when Lambert took the job, he was clearly given assurances that seem on the face of things to be pie in the sky and he's not happy, been taken for a fool by the tone of his interviews in the press.

He's made no secret of the fact that his time towards the end at Villa was terrible, made him ill, and the Villa situation almost mirrors ours.

So whilst people are saying Lambert should be getting more out of the players etc etc, think about the situation he finds himself in, no boss, no line of communication, having to turn players away when they're looking for answers, he's running the club without any authority, he must be frustrated beyond belief.

Good points Gav. No matter what job you do uncertainty is never a good thing for performance levels.

Lambert said: Danny is in the same realm of uncertainty as everybody else. Nobody knows whats happening from top to bottom."

Sums it up really. The collapse of the club can't be far off from this. How do the owners expect to be successful running things in this way? Motivation must be non-existant from the tea lady upwards.

All may not be lost, it was mentioned on here last week that Pasha is due back at Ewood this week, what he's going to do was never clarified, but he may have good news :wacko:

Lambert said: Danny is in the same realm of uncertainty as everybody else. Nobody knows whats happening from top to bottom."

Sums it up really. The collapse of the club can't be far off from this. How do the owners expect to be successful running things in this way? Motivation must be non-existant from the tea lady upwards.

Weak tea!

end of the known world

I don't think they know how to make anything successful, as Gav says we can only hope that Pasha is our 'local manager' and gets something moving. If not I expect a new thread 'Official Random Person appointed as blackburn rovers manager'.

Archived