BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's not rovers related so apologies for that. But these Chinese clubs are really making the world sit up and take notice. I know the league is still in its infancy really. But they're attracting some serious talent over there.

So did American Major League soccer. China will be like that. One star player (or Ramires) in a team and 10 Chris Browns...........burn bright then fade away........

I know it's not rovers related so apologies for that. But these Chinese clubs are really making the world sit up and take notice. I know the league is still in its infancy really. But they're attracting some serious talent over there.

won't affect us then :blush:

So did American Major League soccer. China will be like that. One star player (or Ramires) in a team and 10 Chris Browns...........burn bright then fade away........

Some serious players have made the move so far though, Alex Texiera who all the top clubs in Europe had shown an interest in, he's gone there. Jackson Martinez, only signed by Atletico madrid in the summer who is a top striker, he's gone there. Fredy Guarin has moved there, Lavezzi, Gervinho, Paulinho, and maybe not so impressive, Jelavic and Demba ba have moved there. It's a league on the rise looking at that and it should only get stronger, some big money over there.

Some serious players have made the move so far though, Alex Texiera who all the top clubs in Europe had shown an interest in, he's gone there. Jackson Martinez, only signed by Atletico madrid in the summer who is a top striker, he's gone there. Fredy Guarin has moved there, Lavezzi, Gervinho, Paulinho, and maybe not so impressive, Jelavic and Demba ba have moved there. It's a league on the rise looking at that and it should only get stronger, some big money over there.

It's the same kind of players that spend time at the rich Russian/Ukrainian clubs - mainly South Americans and Africans. If European players in their prime ever end up moving there, then we should maybe start to worry.

Just catching up on german football. Sandro Wagner... Remember him? We were linked with him in the summer. Looks useful, scored 7 league goals this season, big and powerful, could have been a decent replacement for Rudy. This does seem to be the first season where he's scored this many so far though.

Thought you hate Jones?

It does have an effect on Rovers if FUP gets scrapped and too many players move into China.

You've a memory, to be fair. Thinking the guy is a classless nob doesn't mean I don't accept he was a cracking player who made us a shed load of money. Playing-wise, I hope we churn out many more. It would be nice if one or two of them had a bit more loyalty than he did, but I've come to accept the modern day footballer will be off the moment a more successful or richer club comes calling.

Not sure how it connects to FUP and China though.

You've a memory, to be fair. Thinking the guy is a classless nob doesn't mean I don't accept he was a cracking player who made us a shed load of money. Playing-wise, I hope we churn out many more. It would be nice if one or two of them had a bit more loyalty than he did, but I've come to accept the modern day footballer will be off the moment a more successful or richer club comes calling.

Not sure how it connects to FUP and China though.

Nothing but blood money when its from that club.

Nothing but blood money when its from that club.

Ahh, fair point. Nobody wants conflict transfer money from all their diamond running in Sierra Leone, or their generally mafia-like activities. I've heard they use child soldiers too.

Wait, what?

You're not disproving my comparison..............Pele, Moore and Cruyff all went to the states for $$$$$$'s and the league bombed due to lack of talent elsewhere.

Lets see were the China league is in a decade first

You're not disproving my comparison..............Pele, Moore and Cruyff all went to the states for $$$$$$'s and the league bombed due to lack of talent elsewhere.

Lets see were the China league is in a decade first

The brown paper envelope manufacturers will love them

I think Jelavic actually went to a club in the second tier, although I might be wrong. Fairly damning assessment of his ability, if so.

Archived