SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

We would certainly sell at that price and rightly so

I don't mind him but bizarrely it's now clear its Hanley who holds things together - and I never thought i would say that!

Duffy is still young for a centre half. I think he's got the makings of a good player if he applies himself and has the ability to learn and improve. That's the crux of the matter. If lambert thinks he can develop then maybe £5m isn't enough. If he sees a player who can't take on board what he's told then it could be a good deal. Only people on the inside will really know. But from the outside looking in we have two centre halves who could develop a good partnership over the next 18-24 months. Then again that throws up another question. Can a side looking for promotion in that time afford a centre half pairing still in the development stage. Tough call this one if true.

Still have a feeling that Hoolahan will end up here; he's out of contract at the end of the season and I think the PL factor will entice him to us. Despite his age I think he'd be great for a season.

I thought his contract ended next season. Could be wrong but we'd have plenty of attack and creativeness if we managed to get him and also keep hold of Gomez.

Who do people think is better, Gomez or Hoolahan?

Interestingly Paul Lambert was in the crowd watching Bolton v Qpr yesterday. We've already played them both twice this season.

Maybe he was just taking in a local game or there as a guest of Neil Lennon, or alternatively he was there scouting a player or two.

Were Hanley offered the option of joining Rangers' I bet he'd be off like a shot. He's seen Rovers go into a horrible decline ever since he broke into the first team and we lose far more games than we win - which is dispiriting for any player.. Rangers will recover and he'd be a big fish in a small pond up there. It would be an easy move for him.

Were Hanley offered the option of joining Rangers' I bet he'd be off like a shot. He's seen Rovers go into a horrible decline ever since he broke into the first team and we lose far more games than we win - which is dispiriting for any player.. Rangers will recover and he'd be a big fish in a small pond up there. It would be an easy move for him.

Have they got any money these days Jim ? We should be looking for a decent fee for Hanley. He can't go now anyway, the window is closed.

Archived