BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the same token we also signed the likes of DJ Campbell, Varney, Delfouneso and Brown in recent times. In general terms if you sign people without a track record you'll be disappointed.

Bingo. But those running our club will never learn and neither will some fans. We'll sign another 20 Browny, Varney, or unknowns before we'll hit on another Rudy.

By the same token we also signed the likes of DJ Campbell, Varney, Delfouneso and Brown in recent times. In general terms if you sign people without a track record you'll be disappointed.

Campbell was a busy little b* who had a decent scoring record prior to Rovers. The others though, panic buys and squad fluffers.

We certainly have bought a lot of crap but I think it is very unfair that some haven't even given the likes of Graham the opportunity to step on the Ewood pitch before writing him off. It borders on laughable that some on here slate his record in recent seasons regardless of the fact he's been a Premier League player ...then the same folk say we need Premier League quality players but don't even let them pop the shirt on before dismissing them 😯

Take away the betting thing and Campbell had the pedigree to do ok but he must have had some strange contract because he suffered from the non selection routine like a lot of others. Plus messed about being played in various positions as well but under the correct manager and a settled side he may have made some sort of goals contribution.

Not disagreeing with what you're saying, but I think Delfouneso scored against Huddersfield this season, but Christ, we need some goals.

We just need to win by 1 goal, but Christ, I don't think we can do that either

Sent from my C2305 using Tapatalk

So essentially, you want a player who is the complete all rounder, with strong attributes across all areas. I don't even think Yaya Toure ticks every box there!!

Sorry to break this to you, but there aren't many players like that in world football, so the chances of someone that complete rocking up at Ewood are slim to none.

If he can do a couple of those things, it's probably an improvement of what we have currently.

How you can expect a young teenager from Swansea to be the complete midfielder is beyond me. A truly baffling post.

What's wrong with forty plus teenagers in the academy ?

Baffling.

What's wrong with forty plus teenagers in the academy ?

Baffling.

Sorry if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick JAL. But are you suggesting that instead of the 40 plus players we brought in (some of which were for the academy) we should have used that quota entirely on academy players?

I'm no football expert by any means. But I can think of one good reason why that didn't happen. We'd have been relegated to league 1.

Just out of interest, does anyone happen to know how many players have been through the exit door in the time we brought in the 40 plus?

Wasn't it Australia where you docked.

Is that another of your questions JAL? It earned you a 'Yoda like' but don't get carried away, he's struggling to give them out now that 'Abs' is on another sul.......sabbatical.

Anyhow, get yourself on that 5 minute walk to Ewood to see if the latest 'dross' young Grimes makes an appearance. You never know, he could be another Phil Jones.

Tim Cahill's had his Chinese club contract ripped up.

Worth apunt till seasons end?

Just saw the news. He could definitely still do a job and would be the experienced midfield general we lack. You know he would bring the passion with him.

Whether he would go back to England at this point in his career leaves a big question mark though

I find it baffling that last week people were claiming we should be scouring the lower leagues for the next Vardy yet we pick up a player who excelled in the same league as Vardy and he's being dismissed as not up to it. Beggars belief sometimes. Grimes may have not quite made it yet at Swansea but lets remember Vardy's move like many others making a big leap hasn't been as smooth as some would have you believe. He had a poor first season in the championship and a good second after taking some time to adjust, same in the prem last year. Grimes was excellent for Exeter and stood out in a tough league when a teenager, I think it will stand him in good stead for this league and am looking forward to seeing him tonight. I saw him play at Morecambe a few times and was very impresed.

I find it baffling that last week people were claiming we should be scouring the lower leagues for the next Vardy yet we pick up a player who excelled in the same league as Vardy and he's being dismissed as not up to it. Beggars belief sometimes. Grimes may have not quite made it yet at Swansea but lets remember Vardy's move like many others making a big leap hasn't been as smooth as some would have you believe. He had a poor first season in the championship and a good second after taking some time to adjust, same in the prem last year. Grimes was excellent for Exeter and stood out in a tough league when a teenager, I think it will stand him in good stead for this league and am looking forward to seeing him tonight. I saw him play at Morecambe a few times and was very impresed.

It is crackers on here. I'm sick of people not even being given the opportunity to fail. I'd honestly hate to play for our 'fans'. 99% either can't be bothered going or if they are there, don't actually vocally support the players.

It is crackers on here. I'm sick of people not even being given the opportunity to fail.

The transfer topics are a bit of a nightmare, but it's understandable. Unlike the Premier League, it's hard to know who the talented players at our level are because there isn't huge television exposure for the market we operate in now, so we just get well known names thrown around that are so past it they might be desperate enough to drop to our level (Tim Cahill, Jermaine Jones etc). These aren't the kinds of players that make you a success at this level though. We'll just end up a poor man's QPR if we go down that route.

It is crackers on here. I'm sick of people not even being given the opportunity to fail. I'd honestly hate to play for our 'fans'. 99% either can't be bothered going or if they are there, don't actually vocally support the players.

We could sign Messi and the usual suspects would find fault with it. I literally shake my head sometimes at the inane drivel posted by some 'experts' on here.

Cahill has gone where he's gone for money and the chance to be able to shine football wise in a lower standard of football because he'll know his legs aren't what they used to be. Why on earth apart from money would he come back to one the hardest leagues in the world at this stage in his career. A league he grafted his way out of about 15 yrs ago in the first place.

If he thought he'd anything to prove football wise still then he wouldn't have left England. If we wanted some inspiration at a high cost to drive us into promotion spots then yes but at the min why take an expensive gamble ?

He also plays in the same position as Jordi Gomez.

A signing in the style of one of these two would have been just the ticket a few seasons ago pre embargo when we had a better side in touching distance of the play offs. What a boost that would have been, big chance missed there.

Mind you it would be just like these lot to start signing luxury players now we are at the wrong end of the league :blink:

Archived