BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

I was trying to work out today if any of the strikers currently available to us has scored a League goal this season.

I think Watt may have scored a couple at the last Club he was farmed out on loan at but 3 of the 5 strikers at the Club, Brown, Graham and Jackson haven't scored a goal in either of the last 2 seasons!

Delfouneso who is currently injured only scored 3 all season last year for Blackpool.

You couldn't make it up. I can't see much hope of us staying up unless either we can get a half decent striker in from somewhere or Watt turns unexpectedly prolific because I'm pretty sure none of the other 4 will.

Don't think Watt will either Rev. I was really disappointed in what I saw.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do wonder what Watt thought of Lambert taking him off so early. Also wonder what Watt might have talked about with Lambert in the dressing rooms. Can't help feeling like Lambert was annoyed by him but people do sometimes have off days. Lets see what Watt does tomorrow night.

• Moderation Lead

I was trying to work out today if any of the strikers currently available to us has scored a League goal this season.

I think Watt may have scored a couple at the last Club he was farmed out on loan at but 3 of the 5 strikers at the Club, Brown, Graham and Jackson haven't scored a goal in either of the last 2 seasons!

Delfouneso who is currently injured only scored 3 all season last year for Blackpool.

You couldn't make it up. I can't see much hope of us staying up unless either we can get a half decent striker in from somewhere or Watt turns unexpectedly prolific because I'm pretty sure none of the other 4 will.

Not disagreeing with what you're saying, but I think Delfouneso scored against Huddersfield this season, but Christ, we need some goals.

Can he beat a player ?

Can he put the ball in the bottom right hand corner of the opponents goal similarly every other corner of the goals ?

Is he a determined aggressive tackler of the ball ?

Is he fast at sprinting ?

Does he have a trick or two in his locker ?

If not why's he at Rovers !

Bloody hell JAL. I thought we were playing football Guess Who until the last line. Does he have a beard? Is it Bernard?

Not disagreeing with what you're saying, but I think Delfouneso scored against Huddersfield this season, but Christ, we need some goals.

Yeah I realise that, that's why I was excluding him by saying "currently available". (Currently injured) That said I certainly don't think he's the answer either.

• Moderation Lead

Yeah I realise that, that's why I was excluding him by saying "currently available". (Currently injured) That said I certainly don't think he's the answer either.

Ah right, sorry, only skim read the post. Oh aye, I expect he'll be moved on at the end of the season!

That's why it's one heck of a gamble by PL. I know we haven't got a pot to pee in but I was, and still am, amazed that he sold Rhodes without bringing in somebody who has recent form in this division.

This is the problem. Much like ditching Allardyce may not have been the worst move (it was though) it was a lack of a better replacement that actually killed us.

After losing Rhodes the number one priority should have been to get someone in on loan with at least a proven goalscoring record at this level in recent times. Even if it cost a few bob in wages as it could be the difference between staying up or dropping. I'm thinking Nakki Wells or someone like that or better as at least you know they can grab a few.

All we've done really is taken long shot chances again and it's just continuing the game of Russian roulette.

Do wonder what Watt thought of Lambert taking him off so early. Also wonder what Watt might have talked about with Lambert in the dressing rooms. Can't help feeling like Lambert was annoyed by him but people do sometimes have off days. Lets see what Watt does tomorrow night.

Watt looked clumsy and unfit, a bit like Marshall when he first arrived. PL's taken a big gamble on this lad so I really hope he tries to get the best out of him with the right approach.

Why is Rhodes being sold now being blamed for our slump? Since he's gone we've lost one league game. He was as much a part of the decline as anyone else currently in the playing ranks. It's a loss I'll admit. But in the same way people were shouted down for feeling upbeat about beating Oxford, the same logic must surely apply to losing to table topping Hull. I'm not pinning my colours to the mast one way or the other just yet. But on Saturday we lost the spine of our side. Including the man Lambert (the proper football manager we all craved) sees as the Rhodes replacement. It's a keany situation we're in and none of us like it. But I think we should have a little more patience. Objectively speaking we were going nowhere with Rhodes and now we're going nowhere without him and 9m in the bank. I'll wait a while before I judge the sense in selling.

Got to agree, totally ineffective. It disappointed me the number of times he got the ball with his back to goal and instead of laying off where he was facing just turned unto the defender and lost the ball.

It was pretty basic forward play that he failed at.

Why is Rhodes being sold now being blamed for our slump? Since he's gone we've lost one league game. He was as much a part of the decline as anyone else currently in the playing ranks. It's a loss I'll admit. But in the same way people were shouted down for feeling upbeat about beating Oxford, the same logic must surely apply to losing to table topping Hull. I'm not pinning my colours to the mast one way or the other just yet. But on Saturday we lost the spine of our side. Including the man Lambert (the proper football manager we all craved) sees as the Rhodes replacement. It's a keany situation we're in and none of us like it. But I think we should have a little more patience. Objectively speaking we were going nowhere with Rhodes and now we're going nowhere without him and 9m in the bank. I'll wait a while before I judge the sense in selling.

Plenty of time to get replacements in if Graham and Watt etc. don't fire the goals needed. The loan window has been open a matter of days but many folk on here aren't the most patient, or realistic. It has been grim and Ewood is an awfully dull place at the moment (I must admit, I'm not looking forward to a Tuesday night chill fest) but we should be able to stumble through the season.

As for Rhodes, has he tasted victory with Boro yet and is he the answer to all their prayers - or is he similar to what we saw?

As more time goes on, I kind of want him and Boro to fail now.

Plenty of time to get replacements in if Graham and Watt etc. don't fire the goals needed. The loan window has been open a matter of days but many folk on here aren't the most patient, or realistic. It has been grim and Ewood is an awfully dull place at the moment (I must admit, I'm not looking forward to a Tuesday night chill fest) but we should be able to stumble through the season.

As for Rhodes, has he tasted victory with Boro yet and is he the answer to all their prayers - or is he similar to what we saw?

Agree with the first part to a point Pedro. But not that we have time to tinker with that front two this season anyway. I think we now rely on them to score the goals or help other chip in, until May. If it doesn't work then summer time is when we'll replace them. But I'm not ready to dismiss their ability to do the job just yet. I was underwhelmed with the Graham signing at the time I'll happily admit. But that doesn't mean I'll write him off. There is a player in there. History tells us so. It's just extracting it.

I just don't see the sense in getting either high or low about things just now. It's far too early to confidently say we'll go either way just yet.

As for Rhodes. I liked him. Good pro and a sensible lad. But we've lost better and if I'm perfectly honest, if someone had offered me the choice of keeping Rhodes or getting Lambert I know which way I'd have gone. Don't wish him any ill. Certainly not until we've had our full 13m anyway!

He scored a last gasp equaliser the other night after coming off the bench. Tonight he had a typical Rhodes game for them BUT he buried the one real good chance that came his way, a perfectly good goal ruled out by typical poor standard championship linesman.

Anyway enough already :P

Extra 2 million if they get promoted so really we should look at it from that point of view.

Being a bit hypocritical as I make an exception for the Phil Jones "bonuses" though that won't happen this season LOL!

Nixon sure that Grimes will start tomorrow as playing time is the main reason Swansea loaned him out.

Nixon sure that Grimes will start tomorrow as playing time is the main reason Swansea loaned him out.

According to SSN earlier we were still waiting for international clearance for Grimes. Don't know if that's been resolved or not. The way PL is talking about Grimes it would appear he views him as a first teamer which might mean the writing is on the wall for Conway and tbh he's been terrible since Lambert came in.

On the striker situation I don't really understand why people assume that strikers who haven't performed for a very long period of time (if at all) will suddenly magically start firing out of nowhere.

When does the loan window end if still needed?

Genuine question what's Chris Samba up to nowadays? This team needs a bruiser. If mokoena was still around I'd have him in a heart beat.

Playing for Dynamo Moscow.

Also he almost moved to Trabzonspor in the summer 2015 cos their manager said he was more like a heavyweight boxer than a footballer

24th March.

But not much around at the minute. Alot of clubs havent gone into to loan market atm

According to SSN earlier we were still waiting for international clearance for Grimes. Don't know if that's been resolved or not. The way PL is talking about Grimes it would appear he views him as a first teamer which might mean the writing is on the wall for Conway and tbh he's been terrible since Lambert came in.

Some notes on international clearance...

http://www.eofl.co.uk/overview.pdf

On the striker situation I don't really understand why people assume that strikers who haven't performed for a very long period of time (if at all) will suddenly magically start firing out of nowhere.

Maybe they are basing it on recent history and a 300k signing with a poor record out scoring an £8,000,000 one?

More for the benefit of those "less enlightened" than ourselves lol.

I have to confess I can't be bothered reading it. Are you any nearer to having an answer and being able to "enlighten" us as to whether Grimes will be available tonight having ploughed through the body of the text?

(I would do a smiley face but I'm on my mobile)

Archived