BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

More evidence that we should've made a loan bid for former-Villarreal man Aleix Garcia:

Will be interesting to see how he figures in Guardiola's plans.

Aiming a bit high aren't we?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen nothing but positives about Matt Grimes. Ignore the haters and give the lad a chance. I have a good feeling about him but don't know why.

Which haters are these, Al? We can only speculate about what he might bring, or why the Exeter chairman might have used such superlatives to talk up his prize asset. Much like Watt, this is another low cost gamble. However, it's also high risk because he too has to hit the ground running.

It's so important that we get to the Summer still in this division. A professional set up with a manager of pedigree way well convince some of these loanees to sign permanently. Obviously the £9m Rhodes money will disappear into wages.

JAL for one Stuart. The lad hasn't pulled a Rovers shirt on yet but has been written off. It can influence other posters views and Grimes has an uphill battle before he starts. This is negativity for the sake of negativity and is completely uncalled for.

Yep we are just taking up other peoples cast off really when you look at most of the signings over the last few seasons. When was the last time we actually signed a player for money taking him out of someone elses starting 11 ?

We will not prosper in the long run unless we start signing some proper players for cash. I just don't think that will happen at all even in summer. If we sign Watt it may be the only actual cash signing and they are only taking a punt on him in the hope he becomes worth something to sell on. Also sooner or later someone will come in for Hanley, what's the betting on another big negative spend next transfer window after some more big sales.

Evens for me.

Over the last few seasons, we have been under an embargo. So how exactly were we going to sign a player for money, let alone one of their starting players?

Bowyer was given a tough time with his hands tied, but some of the players he brought in were worse than what Lambert has brought in. Which has made it difficult for Lambert, to do what he needs to do. If we stay up, Lambert and co will prove alot of people wrong imo. We just have to survive though

Ok Vinja

JAL for one Stuart. The lad hasn't pulled a Rovers shirt on yet but has been written off. It can influence other posters views and Grimes has an uphill battle before he starts. This is negativity for the sake of negativity and is completely uncalled for.

Oh right, JAL. Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you meant haters.

I have seem Matt Grimes play for Exeter and he was a class above. Good distribution, intelligent even. Presume that was why Swansea took a punt on him. Before anyone says anything, yes I know it was only Exeter and at the level they play but before we start to slag the lad off, let's give him a chance. He is still very young.

Thanks for that. Midfield has been a problem for us for a while. Gomez was a good start but yesterday showed that once we have an injury we have no adequate back up.

Hopefully Grimes can play a bit, as well as putting a shift in.

Over the last few seasons, we have been under an embargo. So how exactly were we going to sign a player for money, let alone one of their starting players?

Bowyer was given a tough time with his hands tied, but some of the players he brought in were worse than what Lambert has brought in. Which has made it difficult for Lambert, to do what he needs to do. If we stay up, Lambert and co will prove alot of people wrong imo. We just have to survive though

You're missing my point for some reason. I was on about under this lot's tenure and post the deadly duo and Singh era. We signed loads before the embargo and we've now sold 20 mill worth of talent in 6 months yet no proper replacement ear marked. Just a loan or two who we may or may not sign.

Post Rhodes signing when have we gone and bought a decent player from any team ? Like a good consistent player from a smaller Champ club, league 1 or abroad or Scotland, you know like other teams do. Even when we've spent a bit it's been on players who were other clubs squad men. Every now and then you have to spend on a proven decent player or two as it's the only real way to improve or even tread water.

Hopefully that's PL's plan in summer but I really don't think he'll get anything to spend as any income will now to running the club. These lot must realise they have to spend some cold hard cash on some proper proven players or the annual slide will continue no matter who is manager.

Thanks for that. Midfield has been a problem for us for a while. Gomez was a good start but yesterday showed that once we have an injury we have no adequate back up.

Hopefully Grimes can play a bit, as well as putting a shift in.

No problem. At last I have been able to post something, other than my own oppinion, that is semi useful. I only get to Ewood around half a dozen times a year these days due to living on the Devon/ Somerset border, so I see Exeter more times than Rovers, sadly!

Hope Grimes works out for us, as I really rated him at Exeter. As I said, he was a different class for them.

JB, I'm expecting at least 8 new signings in this summer.

I think he will sign the 3 loan players.

I would like to see us sign Walsall's striker Tom Bradshaw. scored again yesterday for his club.

If there not premiership quality don't even bother.

I've no idea what you're on about.

Rovers have signed over forty players either loans or transfers inside the last three seasons and just where's that put the club in the table to give you confidence for the near future.

Rovers have signed over forty players either loans or transfers inside the last three seasons and just where's that put the club in the table to give you confidence for the near future.

Are you getting me mixed up with someone else?

There's no mystery about that Jal. Because the owners won't pay up for transfers we are forced into a scatter-gun approach.

We sign 40 in the hope that a few will turn out well. Then we can sell them!

Archived