BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not well versed on the subject to be honest toppers. I didn't realise there was a distinction. Does the law distinguish between the two?

A paedophile is someone attracted to prepubescent children, whereas a ephebophile is attracted to adolescents who are sexually mature but in this case legally minors. I'm not sure if it's even right to class "ephebophile" a mental disorder. It's not exactly uncommon for men to be attracted to teenage girls, it's practically evolutionary, especially when they look older than their age.

If Johnson had done this in Germany, Italy or Japan, he wouldn't be committing a crime.

I would have Adam Johnson, 15 year old girl who was drinking in a club and easily looks 20, could have happened to anyone.

Maybe telling him we do kids for a quid a couple of times per season would entice him to sign for us for cheap.

Personally I'd rather he didn't go to jail. Not because I don't think he deserves punishment but because prison does not get to the root of what happened. He needs help to understand just how wrong his behaviour is. He needs counselling to assure as far as possible that he does not reoffend . You get none of that in jail. Being put on the sex offenders register makes it hard to do normal things like get insurance on your car etc. It restricts your freedom to travel. It means you can't have kids to stay in your house even if they are your nieces and nephews and their parents stay too. It means you find it hard to get any kind of work which may not seem bad to Johnson atm but will when you look a few years ahead, you're still a young man with the rest of your life ahead. If you have kids social services get involved. I'd make sure he was going to get that kind of treatment not bang him up in jail and have him free to come out and start reoffending without accepting any real blame for what he's done. He'd cost a fortune in jail too as he'd be in a separate wing for sex offenders.

I don't want him at rovers btw regardless of talent.

Actually Gumboots he'd be pretty certain to have to complete some Offending Behaviour Programmes whilst in prison, specifically the Sex Offenders Treatment Programme.

I would be looking for a left back and pacey striker.

I am more interested in what changes Lambert mades in the summer playing staff wise

Do you think they'll bring in more players than the Gary Bowyer era achieved ?

I stand corrected. Still don't think jail is the answer though.

This is a really quite serious crime. A man in his late 20's using his wealth and status to groom and have a sexual relationship with an adoring fan, who had just turned 15.

If prison isn't the answer to this when would it be?

Anyway, any news on loans?

I stand corrected. Still don't think jail is the answer though.

Actually, you do have a point. It keeps them away from the rest of us for an all too brief period.

However, the trouble is that prison with its hostile,"anti nonce" culture actually reinforces the victim centricity, avoidance and denial that simply must be overcome, as a first step to reducing risk.

Hard to think of a more unsafe, hostile place to own and admit and face up to such offences....Anyway I hope we don't sign him!

Yeah, I was hoping for an intellectual reading of the issue. I used to work with a guy just like you. " Hang 'em high " blah, blah, blah.

Until his son murdered his grandma over something and nothing.

bet you like jimmy saville ,rolf harris & gary glitter...you mollycoddle chlld fiddlers then.Makes you as bad as them.

er are you implying my kids will murder there gran ? ffs

bet you like jimmy saville ,rolf harris & gary glitter...you mollycoddle chlld fiddlers then.Makes you as bad as them.

er are you implying my kids will murder there gran ? ffs

That's a hell of a lot more offensive than the stuff you were moaning about on the "foreign owners" thread.

Don't agree with the "hang em high" stuff either though in certain cases (with 100% certainty of guilt) I wouldn't oppose it. This case isn't one of them. Newspapers like the Sun use this simplistic mentality to get people "frothing at the mouth" with rage. Personally I don't usually get emotionally involved with cases that haven't had a direct effect on me or involving people I don't know. Lots of bad things happen everywhere its hard not to become emotionally immune to it. I was asked about that at a recent assessment for aspergers but don't think its just people like me who feel that way.

I'm not sure whether there should be a prison sentence for Johnson or rehabilitation since both are strong arguments. Glad I don't have to make those decisions!

Anyway seen any transfer links today?

and BOOOOOOOOOOM my fan club appears...

looking like johnson fiddled with a kid and deserves to hung by his balls!!! dirty filthy perve, Looks like he knew she was a child and still carried on .Jail & castration should be mimimum.

For those saying he shouldnt be jailed tell me what age jail time should be punishble? 14? 10? 2 ?

and BOOOOOOOOOOM my fan club appears...

looking like johnson fiddled with a kid and deserves to hung by his balls!!! dirty filthy perve, Looks like he knew she was a child and still carried on .Jail & castration should be mimimum.

For those saying he shouldnt be jailed tell me what age jail time should be punishble? 14? 10? 2 ?

I hope you're not including me as part of your fan club. I haven't paid my membership fee this year because you failed to deliver the free badge and poster last year.

As it goes I agree with a prison sentence. But the notion of 'hangem high' is a delicate one. Luckily it's been decided on by people with a stronger argument than just yelling words like 'nonce'.

Adam johnson will live the rest of his days under a cloud of shame. And to compound that he'll also know he wasted the opportunity to represent his country and earn a small fortune in the process. No sympathy from my direction whatsoever. You reap what you sow.

Edit.... apologies khod. Was typing when you post. Just delete this.

Archived