BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

In this thread, many, many players old, young and others are mentioned.

I would say, are you looking at our under 21's under 18's? Today yet another great victory against Sunderland who have a superb record this year, yet our youngsters won and outplayed them. I hope Lambert is taking notice because as soon as pressure is off regarding bottom 3 hen I believe a nucleus of these guys can come through.

The future looks bright!

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my players coming from West ham so in a shock move I think it's going to be Payet, as he has discovered a fondness for superfood, black pudding, and knows the best comes from lancashire. I know he's a bit young but only a bit so I'm bending the rule for a guy who really wants to come here

Rovers making a loan offer for Divock Origi from Liverpool.

Friend who works at Rovers was talking to Kenny Dalglish. He was supposed to keep it confidential but accidentally told me. Did say though he might have misunderstood what Dalglish was saying so...

To summarise the BRFCS 'loan window transfer roulette' game, here is the following:

I was born on the 23rd of February.

23-11 = 12.

Crystal Palace are 12th.

Midfielder aged 31+ - Mile Jedinak

Good friend with contacts high up at Crystal Palace has said we will shortly be announcing the loan signing of Mile Jedinak until the end of the season. I've backed it.

You're such a liar Alan Nixon says there's no chance. Of course I didn't completely misread your post before I asked him.

Rovers making a loan offer for Divock Origi from Liverpool.

Friend who works at Rovers was talking to Kenny Dalglish. He was supposed to keep it confidential but accidentally told me. Did say though he might have misunderstood what Dalglish was saying so...

Lucky for him you are good at keeping a secret then.

Mind you if Kenny mentioned the name, it could be Davey Corrigan...

Dalglish probably told him where to go but because of Kenny's deep Glaswegian drawl your friend was probably none the wiser.

note to the Jermaine Jones posters - suspension aside, part of the reason he has not re-signed at this time in MLS is because he wants a multi-year deal, and no one has been willing to offer him one (at least at whatever terms he would accept). The news reports are that he would accept less than his previous contract (again, no one really sure how much less that would be), but the multi-year aspect was the critical part.

In the last several US national team matches, he's been playing center back and not as a midfielder.

I do not rate him as a starter, even in the championship at this point. I think he could do 45, especially if we are leading, in a bit to hold and settle the midfield. But I don't think the current version of Mr. Jones is the answer.

One US player who could possibly adapt (although would probably need half a season to adjust to the style/pace of play) is Perry Kitchen, currently without a club and available on a free transfer. Has similar energy and drive, but hasn't really played the pace of the championship. In MLS, there were matches where he was brilliant one week but would disappear the next. Part of that came from the very defensive system he was playing in. But with the right players around him, would definitely step up from the MLS play - last I heard he was looking for opportunities in Germany. He may be worth a punt on a trial though.

Reportedly the last MLS offer to Jones was around $10,000-$12,000 a week. I would not be surprised if he signed a cheap deal for the rest of the season somewhere to at least clear the ban.

• Backroom

And Rhodes deal was done - then it was off

Then it wouldn't happen after all that had gone on - then he signed.

Still think he has a line to the club again now which is more than in the last few years.

Like the look of Samuelson at Peterborough. Tidy little player from tonight's evidence. Forrester isn't half bad either.

is that the tall blonde haired lad ..? Only caught a little bit of first half and he stood out , comfortable with the ball and kept possession well always tried to look for a forward pass

Like the look of Samuelson at Peterborough. Tidy little player from tonight's evidence. Forrester isn't half bad either.

I was thinking the same whilst watching them tonight. Both really tidy players who are comfortable on the ball. Showing composure that our midfield has been lacking for about the last 5 seasons! Think some prem

Clubs will be looking at these pair following tonight's performance

is that the tall blonde haired lad ..? Only caught a little bit of first half and he stood out , comfortable with the ball and kept possession well always tried to look for a forward pass

Yeah he's tall but I'd say brown rather than blond. Which is fine for me as I've always preferred brunettes.

Archived