BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Adam Henley totally written off? He is only 21 I think. Lenihan seems to be very close for being a regular. Whose next from adademy? Could Mansell be given a chance once the relegation battle is over (hopefully happily)?

I personally don't think Henley is good enough.

Imo it's a confidence thing with Henley , he seems the type of player who , rather enjoying the game , is trying just to "get through it" without making an error , I've seen him be absolutely annonymous in games then he'll make a tackle or put a good cross in then he comes out of his shell a bit , conversely if he makes just 1 error that's it his head is down for the entire game

Imo it's a confidence thing with Henley , he seems the type of player who , rather enjoying the game , is trying just to "get through it" without making an error , I've seen him be absolutely annonymous in games then he'll make a tackle or put a good cross in then he comes out of his shell a bit , conversely if he makes just 1 error that's it his head is down for the entire game

Any sportsman with that attitude is going nowhere

That's why it's a travesty he never got loaned out to cut his teeth and toughen him up lower down the leagues. Coco & co threw him in then threw a 5 yr 5k pwk contract infront of him. It didn't do him any favours in more ways than one, apart from his bank acc of course. Never had that time to develop properly and see if he could sink or swim and actually earn that kind of contract for one so young.

Maybe they were worried about losing him somewhere but the smart thing to do would have been give him a reasonable contract with a view to extending it then loan him out.

We've just signed a ball playing midfielder in Gomez.

What, I can't want more than one?!

I'd like a 'carrier' as such in this 3 behind Gomez though Tyrone rather than 3 'holders' yes I'm sure Evans, Akpan and Lenihan were give licence to roam when given the opportunity, but all 3 lack the final ball that's needed from deeper positions

It says in the LET today:

But it is understood Lambert was also attempting to push through a loan move for a wide player with pace in the hours before the January transfer window shut.

Lambert may look to resurrect that deal now the emergency loan window is open.

Wonder who that might be? Aluko from Hull? I don't know much about him to be fair, apart from the fact that he plays for Nigeria. Is he pacey or what?

If it's as long as Thenodrogs he's going to be 40 before he's eligible.

Jones is 34 now - but does did fit into Lamberts style of play.

He did when he was here previously.At 34, does he still have the legs to press all over from midfield?

Based on his previous stint here, i'd be happy enough for him to return though.

Archived