BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You employ the correct solicitor to read them then you get the guy who has the correct title to sign them. You really just need to employ someone on a temporary deal who understands employment law to do the hard bit. I'll work unpaid as ceo for the couple of secs it takes to sign the actual papers.

Lambert apparently missed out on a pacey forward but will be looking to do something in the loan window... Looks like our transfer business isnt over yet. At a guess, probably looked at Rantie and Aluko.

Anyone know when loan window opens?

Lambert apparently missed out on a pacey forward but will be looking to do something in the loan window... Looks like our transfer business isnt over yet. At a guess, probably looked at Rantie and Aluko.

Next Tuesday 9th.

• Backroom

I assume at the very least Lambert with be looking for another full back, as the sale of Olsson leaves us very short in that area. A player with a recent goalscoring record would be decent as well, but I can't imagine too many of those being available in the loan window.

For clarity, was this a particular forward that could be described as pacy that Lambert missed out on and might go back in for? Or is he looking for a pacy forward in general?

Thanks Neal.

Lambert believes the squad is now much better and that we have flair that's been missing. He believes that we now have quality on the ball.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14255423.Paul_Lambert__January_transfer_business_has_left_Blackburn_Rovers_with_a_stronger_and_more_exciting_squad/?ref=mac

To be honest I am not going to compliment or bash Lambert but on the surface we have got more strength in depth.

We added improved Quality to the Squad

Danny Graham is a step up from Koita

Jordi Gomez for Petchi

While also got Ward, Watt, Bennett, and Jackson who I believe have on paper improved the squad. Tony Watt is someone I have high high hopes for. I really believe he has the ability to be better than Rhodes and contribute more to the team. He may not bag as many goals but his contribution to the team will be far more influential.

Overall the squad is stronger, we made some money, and got some experienced players and some with potential so all in all it has been a good January in my eyes.

I assume at the very least Lambert with be looking for another full back, as the sale of Olsson leaves us very short in that area. A player with a recent goalscoring record would be decent as well, but I can't imagine too many of those being available in the loan window.

Glen Murry is an obvious one but speaking to a Brighton fan at work and he's convinced he's off there next week.

For clarity, was this a particular forward that could be described as pacy that Lambert missed out on and might go back in for? Or is he looking for a pacy forward in general?

Thanks Neal.

From the way I understood it, seemed like maybe there were negotiations regarding a certain attacking player but nothing could be done, recon he's thinking that these clubs might be a little more desperate when the loan window opens... Wouldn't be surprised if someone came in next week.

I really believe he (Watt) has the ability to be better than Rhodes and contribute more to the team. He may not bag as many goals but his contribution to the team will be far more influential.

I realise it's not the only measure, but if we sell him for more than Rhodes it's time for the view from the town hall steps to meet my arse.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-cardiff-city-hijacked-blackburns-10844999

Russel 'the snake' Slade doing the dirty on us... Suppose we have just taken arguably their best player. Lawrence was a bit of dogger for us to be fair, looked good in fits and starts but nowhere near consistent enough. His departure has left us a little light but I don't think he'll be a big miss and after that snidey one month option... He had to go and should have been told to leave then and there.

• Backroom

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-cardiff-city-hijacked-blackburns-10844999

Russel 'the snake' Slade doing the dirty on us... Suppose we have just taken arguably their best player. Lawrence was a bit of dogger for us to be fair, looked good in fits and starts but nowhere near consistent enough. His departure has left us a little light but I don't think he'll be a big miss and after that snidey one month option... He had to go and should have been told to leave then and there.

Yeah agreed. Don't think he wanted to be here (as evidenced by the one month extension nonsense), so no problem with letting him go. Has the potential to be a game changer at this level but needs to improve his shooting by some distance and try not to drift out of games so often.

I very much doubt Lambert wanted to keep him on. He's playing silly beggars.

I very much doubt Lambert wanted to keep him on. He's playing silly beggars.

I think he did initially but after his one month nonsense I think he closed the door on the chances of him staying here... Lambert isn't going to stand for that.

He's a frustrating one Lawrence. Leeds away is evidence of what he can do. But too often he'd drift out of games and it'd be like playing with 10 men (oh sorry, 9 with Rhodes - can't forget that can we). I still think he's got a chance of being a player though and will no doubt have a blinder against us in the future.

Archived