BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rhodes comments today suggest that he wasn't wanted by Lambert.

The sale of Rhodes however does show that Venkys have no intention of continuing to prop up the club indefinitely and they are instead going to pay the going rate for a proper manager. How they must wish every day that the had stuck with Allardyce. A lesson learnt the hard way.

And not just by Venkys.....

It was with Rhodes so if you take him away do you expect our goalscoring to be better without him, considering the records of the people brought in?

Tash McDermott would likely say... "If you only have one arm you don't take away your one good arm and replace it with an extra leg and a couple of extra ears, and expect to blow your nose any easier."

I hope our goalscoring will be better but anyone thinking it isn't a risk hasn't really thought it through.

Yes, I do expect our goalscoring to be better without Rhodes. Better than it has been over these past ten games for sure.

For all the man seems to be a bit of a berk that is one issue that I would blame the football men for, rather than the administrators.

It's a bit of a grey area as he himself said he signs the cheques so surely he knows enough about football to say hang on this is a bit much. Obviously the football men take a large portion of the blame for asking him to sign it in the first place.

For all the man seems to be a bit of a berk that is one issue that I would blame the football men for, rather than the administrators.

Managing director of a football club, that's not a basic admin by any stretch of the imagination.

Yes, I do expect our goalscoring to be better without Rhodes. Better than it has been over these past ten games for sure.

Actually they only need to score 4 goals between them in the next 17 matches to match Rhodes recent form.

Managing director of a football club, that's not a basic admin by any stretch of the imagination.

Actually they only need to score 4 goals between them in the next 17 matches to match Rhodes recent form.

But if you are the MD and your football manager tells you that a player is worth x, y or z, you wouldn't know any different and you'd have to trust them on that judgement, otherwise no football man worth his salt would ever work for the club! The point I'm making is that Koita and the other bloke were errors of football judgement, not administrative ones. No way can you add them to the list of Shaw incompetencies, that one lies with GB and his football staff.

It's a bit of a grey area as he himself said he signs the cheques so surely he knows enough about football to say hang on this is a bit much. Obviously the football men take a large portion of the blame for asking him to sign it in the first place.

Not a grey area for me Tomphil - the football men are to blame for the Koita/Petschi fiasco. Shaw wouldn't know whether they were worth 1k, 5k or 10k per week. Let's stick to bashing him with the evidence of his actual incompetencies, of which there is plenty. Its easy to be wise after the event with the Koita issue, but how would people have felt if Shaw had refused to sign the cheque for Gomez at the last minute because he didn't rate his football skills?

In other off topic news, Im in Dubai at the moment and was speaking to a friend whos child goes to school there. He said that the last tournament there were Blackburn and Man City Scouts there. He spoke to one who said he was over scouting the UAE league and checked up on the schools while he was here. Anyone worth having play there? Would that be Lamberts call them being there?

I thought it was a fictional character ?

He may or may not be based on a Policeman who worked for Lancashire Police Intelligence Unit ( oxymoron )

Google- cleared cabbie who locked cops in cab. :lol::lol: Manchester evening news

In other off topic news, Im in Dubai at the moment and was speaking to a friend whos child goes to school there. He said that the last tournament there were Blackburn and Man City Scouts there. He spoke to one who said he was over scouting the UAE league and checked up on the schools while he was here. Anyone worth having play there? Would that be Lamberts call them being there?

We had an Abdulrahman on trial a few years back, not to be confused with the Omer Abdulrahman, who is the major star over there.

Nixon said Rovers missed out on an attempted signing which was Gibson. So pedestrians of Blackburn won't have to worry about one more drink driver.

Darron or Ben?

But if you are the MD and your football manager tells you that a player is worth x, y or z, you wouldn't know any different and you'd have to trust them on that judgement, otherwise no football man worth his salt would ever work for the club! The point I'm making is that Koita and the other bloke were errors of football judgement, not administrative ones. No way can you add them to the list of Shaw incompetencies, that one lies with GB and his football staff.

Not a grey area for me Tomphil - the football men are to blame for the Koita/Petschi fiasco. Shaw wouldn't know whether they were worth 1k, 5k or 10k per week. Let's stick to bashing him with the evidence of his actual incompetencies, of which there is plenty. Its easy to be wise after the event with the Koita issue, but how would people have felt if Shaw had refused to sign the cheque for Gomez at the last minute because he didn't rate his football skills?

I think you know exactly what I'm saying and basically your answer highlights why he should never have been in that position in the first place. Either clueless or imcompetent , signing off a loan contract for a well known player proven at this level & one for a full time contract committing 10pwk for a few years to a French trialist who's come from league 2 in France are two completely different scenarios.

I'll take the middle ground with you on this and assume he was still just a puppet doing what he was told from both sides. Good riddance !

don't care if he's banned for 6 games , that will be what , 3-4 weeks extra training , getting fitter , stronger and getting to know his new teamates and manager , i know he's 34 years old now and i'd hate for us to start throwing money around willy nilly but a short term deal to end of season with a further 12 months if all goes well would seem ok

• Backroom

With Shaw gone, can anyone else at Ewood actually sign-off a loan deal with the League?

Find somebody who can write their own signature and put them into the role temporarily. It's not like any other skill is required.

With Shaw gone, can anyone else at Ewood actually sign-off a loan deal with the League?

Find somebody who can write their own signature and put them into the role temporarily. It's not like any other skill is required.

It would be good if the next person actually reads the contracts

Archived