BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Attack ..attack ..attack Attack Attack!

BlooBoy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't say I'm surprised it's been dull terrible football for years now. Think a lot has to do with the previous incumbent but unless we have a squad overhaul in January I can see us taking that most boring team crown off man Utd.

Oh yes i blame GB ,but dont tell blueboy3333....

Well it's just fact. If we were top of that league it would be to his credit but we're not and its mainly down to him. In the interest of balancing it up if from what I saw vs Bolton continues we'll be bottom and it will be lambert's fault.

Hopefully before then plenty of new faces will come in January and sort the job. The very fact the consensus seems to be we need a total overhaul also doesn't reflect well on the last bloke having a good eye for a player but we'll keep that quiet don't want to upset anyone.

When was the last time we scored a screamer? Battered a team? Dictated play? Our forwards linking up and playing off each other? Really pressed on in the last ten mins?

I can't argue with this and I feel sorry for the fans of the handful of teams below us, poor buggers. Maybe it was our cheap tickets that kept us off the bottom.

Joint 88th out of all 92 clubs rated as "most boring " games to watch at Home for value for money.

And people wonder where the crowds have gone :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3378725/Manchester-United-home-games-officially-boring-watch-English-football.html

If it's a value for money argument, you need divide the total number of goals by the price per game. On that basis we would be a solid midtable I'd bet.

Sounds like someone is trying to ratchet up the pressure on Van Gaal with those stats.

As a post script, any team winning every game 1-0 would score badly on that left hand column.

Over 50 years or so of watching football I've seen some cracking 0-0 draws and tense 1-0 wins that have been much better to watch than easy 4-0 victories.

That table doesn't tell the true story of what makes a match exciting.

Oh yes i blame GB ,but dont tell blueboy3333....

:xmas: Yes, we were pretty dull at times under Bowyer, but we also had spells of banging in a few.

Anyway, this is the bloke we've replaced him with, It was posted on 2/12/14 on a Villa forum:-

No 2nd half goal scored since first game of the season

2. No goal at The Holte End for Villa since April 5th

3. 7 goals scored in 13 games, with only 3 goalscorers.

Worst stats in Premier League for shots on target, goals scored, amount of shots, shot conversion rate, chances created and shooting accuracy!

3 points from last 9 games..

over 100 games with a win % of less than 30 and has lost 48 of those games.

Lowest home crowd since Dec 1999

12 players on loan, of which Lambert signed 6!

most goals let in over a season in premiership era= LAST SEASON

Biggest defeat in our history= 8-0 vs Chelsea

first top flight team to be beaten by bottom tier side over two legs in a cup semi-final= LAST SEASON

Most home losses in a single season EVER= this season

5 games 5 defeats 0 goals For those that don't know, this is the worst run in our league history!!

87 games, 90 points, 43 defeats, -54 GD.. Of most concern is that the equation is getting worse as in last 35 games only 30 points have been won.

Read more: http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=56303&start=341#ixzz3vtc5OEzj

Over 50 years or so of watching football I've seen some cracking 0-0 draws and tense 1-0 wins that have been much better to watch than easy 4-0 victories.

That table doesn't tell the true story of what makes a match exciting.

That's true, but I don't think your point really applies to Rovers.

Our low scoring home games have been largely turgid stuff, devoid of any sort of excitement.

:xmas: Yes, we were pretty dull at times under Bowyer, but we also had spells of banging in a few.

Anyway, this is the bloke we've replaced him with, It was posted on 2/12/14 on a Villa forum:-

Worst stats in Premier League for shots on target, goals scored, amount of shots, shot conversion rate, chances created and shooting accuracy!

first top flight team to be beaten by bottom tier side over two legs in a cup semi-final= LAST SEASON

5 games 5 defeats 0 goals For those that don't know, this is the worst run in our league history!!

87 games, 90 points, 43 defeats, -54 GD.. Of most concern is that the equation is getting worse as in last 35 games only 30 points have been won.

Read more: http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=56303&start=341#ixzz3vtc5OEzj

Despite all of that, he kept them up for 2 seasons, and despite a disappointing last season he did far less harm to the club than Sherwood and Garde did.....

Your irrational dislike of Lambert is baffling - I'd like to see what GB would do at Villa :blink:

GB Promotions 0 PL Promotions 2

Jog on for christs sake . People on here me included have had bans for far less trolling . For some reason you seem a special case . How you can get away with calling lambert a dick is another baffler.

How long have you been waiting to post those Blueboy?

Souness probably broke loads of unwanted records at Liverpool, Karanka had loads of 0-0s when he first joined Boro (5 or 6 in a row or something crazy like that rings a bell), we only scored 32 goals I think under Hughes in 04/05 (I'm guessing our lowest Premier League total) yet the season after we were 4 points off a Champions League spot.

Let's just see how it goes.....

Erm you ve quoted his reign at a Premier League club rather than Championship ?? Any reason ?

His tenure at Norwich would be more like for like? Championship ?

Pld 42 W 23 D 15 L 8 +25

Your post is completely irrelevant then.

How long have you been waiting to post those Blueboy?

Souness probably broke loads of unwanted records at Liverpool, Karanka had loads of 0-0s when he first joined Boro (5 or 6 in a row or something crazy like that rings a bell), we only scored 32 goals I think under Hughes in 04/05 (I'm guessing our lowest Premier League total) yet the season after we were 4 points off a Champions League spot.

Let's just see how it goes.....

Blloboy mentioned me in a thread i hadn't posted on and had no real intention of doing. I was just offering an alternative viewpoint. If he hadn't had a snidey i wouldn't have bothered.

Erm you ve quoted his reign at a Premier League club rather than Championship ?? Any reason ?

His tenure at Norwich would be more like for like? Championship ?

Pld 42 W 23 D 15 L 8 +25

Your post is completely irrelevant then.

Just posting about his last job. It's about as relevant as you mentioning me in a thread about teams that are good to watch.

Owen Coyle also did well in the Championship once. That's not relevant either.

Blloboy mentioned me in a thread i hadn't posted on and had no real intention of doing. I was just offering an alternative viewpoint. If he hadn't had a snidey i wouldn't have bothered.

Well next time you "bother" post something relevant eh ?

And as for being snidey far from it ,you ve done nothing but bang on about GB for two days. Hence ..dont tell Blueboy 3333, i dont want you upset . :xmas:

GB Promotions 0 PL Promotions 2

Jog on for christs sake . People on here me included have had bans for far less trolling . For some reason you seem a special case . How you can get away with calling lambert a dick is another baffler.

I think you need to direct your ire at Blooboy. He trolled me and now you're getting upset. Weird.

wonder what the stats are now that Lambert has left?

I know many Villa fans and most appreciate the job that he did. No net spend (If you factor in Benteke sale) and spent only 3 weeks in bottom 3 in his entire tenure.

So Blueboy, having read all those stats about what Lambert did at Villa, what do you suggest we do about it?

Bring Bowyer back?

You are really losing it.

No he isn't.

He's just pointing out Lambert's record at Villa and how he was seen by their fans.

Lambert promised us "edge of seat" attacking football. What do you think of it so far ?

No he isn't.

He's just pointing out Lambert's record at Villa and how he was seen by their fans.

Lambert promised us "edge of seat" attacking football. What do you think of it so far ?

But jim how do you do that with the players at his disposal now ? If it was that easy ,why didnt GB give us edge of the seat attacking football instead of Win one Draw one Lose one 0 GD with players HE wanted?

So Blueboy, having read all those stats about what Lambert did at Villa, what do you suggest we do about it?

Bring Bowyer back?

You are really losing it.

Nope. But maybe a bit of due diligence might have been appropriate when they decided on his replacement. If they made the decision based on what he did at one club a few years ago and ignored his tenure at Villa then they may be in for a shock.

I was excited when Lambert turned up. The club needed a new direction. The quality of football since he turned up have changed my mind on him. Turning up talking of 'fast, attacking football' and not 'accepting mediocrity' is well and good when you can back it up. Interestingly, when he turned up at Villa he also slagged the previous manager (Big 'Eck) off for his boring football and then turned Villa into the dullest team in the Prem. As this is a forum about the club Lambert now manages i thought i would be allowed to say that i don't think he's as good as he proclaims without being told to 'jog on' etc. I just don't think Lambert's all that to be honest, that is my judgement after 7 games. I'll be delighted if he is, but he should just get his head down and work for the benefit of BRFC. He can gob off when he's actually achieved something. What we're seeing now on the pitch is what he churned up at Villa for 3 years. It might improve, it might not, but if it doesn't we're in deep doo-dah and he'll just swan off to his next job.

This may come as a shock to you but my opinion on Lambert is exactly the same as other Rovers fans. Mine might be a little more forceful but the general theme is the same. Read the article in the telewag today. Read other forums. Speak to the Rovers fans i do, people who have been watching Rovers for 50 years. The general consensus is that he talks a good game but the football he is paid to produce is utter tripe. Of course, there are others who think the sun shines out of Lambert's arse and believe he will come good because he did well at Norwich. I have no problem with that. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, and that's all mine is. I certainly wouldn't accuse them of 'losing it'. Each to their own.

Yup it's bad. But then I don't notice you bringing up any Norwich stats under Lambert. Why is that? Nor do I notice any mention of the raging success that Villa have been since Lambert has left.

ANY manager we would have got would have had a few blemishes on his record, or they'd not be looking for a job in the championship - to think otherwise is unrealistic. Thing is PL has some successes and lots of experience - as a player and as a manager - two vital ingredients for a Rovers manager.

Your hatred of Lambert seems irrational. Do you think there are any positives to the guy?

But jim how do you do that with the players at his disposal now ? If it was that easy ,why didnt GB give us edge of the seat attacking football instead of Win one Draw one Lose one 0 GD with players HE wanted?

The Burnley match and a few others were fantastic. We gave it a "right good go". Bowyer had to be sacked because I'm sure we would have gone down under him but we have to be honest here, the stuff served up under Lambert so far has been dire.

wonder what the stats are now that Lambert has left?

I know many Villa fans and most appreciate the job that he did. No net spend (If you factor in Benteke sale) and spent only 3 weeks in bottom 3 in his entire tenure.

He spent net of £45m over the three years if that Forum is right. He was also the 1st manager to finish outside the top ten in two consecutive season in their prem history. Of course that forum may be just as one-eyed as this one but it certainly doesn't look like many of them thought he did a good job.

You're seeing his legacy now.

Archived