SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Away Fa Cup 4Th Round

chor808

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No that was the Burnley match.

Good result today but those commentators were awful, they only seemed to mention Rovers when we scored or when Ward cleared it (sounds like he was excellent).

Going to reserve judgement on the team till we've played someone in the same league. Like someone else said I hope they don't think we don't need to sign anyone else.

Did you listen to Radio Lancashire or Radio Oxford (someone posted a link to the oxford radio above)?

Good solid result, positives all over the pitch and still in the cap for the draw. Can't ask for more.

Good to see the Earth is still turning on its axis, post JR. (I didn't want him too go BTW)

And just to play devils advocate, on the one hand had we lost this one the doom mongers would have us dropping through the divisions, but a good solid performance with goals we've been lacking is too early to draw conclusions from. Football supporters eh!

My advice, have a pint and enjoy a Rovers win.

Good solid result, positives all over the pitch and still in the cap for the draw. Can't ask for more.

Good to see the Earth is still turning on its axis, post JR. (I didn't want him too go BTW)

And just to play devils advocate, on the one hand had we lost this one the doom mongers would have us dropping through the divisions, but a good solid performance with goals we've been lacking is too early to draw conclusions from. Football supporters eh!

My advice, have a pint and enjoy a Rovers win.

Only 5 point gap now

Just had a laugh, was reading the Daily Fail (only one available in Pub!)

Head Line on page 15: "Rhodes Race Row Grows At Oxford"

I started thinking there was some scandal with JR's transfer to Boro. However on further reading, turns out Oxford Uni Students are up in arms about a statue of Cecil Rhodes.

Headlines eh!!

• Backroom

Good win in the circumstances. Cup means nothing if the gap gets any closer

But we couldn't have possibly done any more today, that gap one way or another way closing tonight with 3 teams below us playing, Bristol City missed a chance to gain some more ground.

5 point gap but we have 2 'free' games to try and widen it

If he and Graham can create chances for each other, then who's to say that we'll be worse off without Rhodes? Lambert's tactics seem to bypass the midfield (defender hoofs it up to striker, striker holds on until the other players catch up) so this partnership could well be a good one. Pleasing to see Jackaon ticking all the boxes thus far too

Makes sense to me with our midfield.

As I saw it today:

Steele 6 - nothing to do

Marshall 8 - class when he turns up

Hanley 7.5 - strong

Ward 8 - composed

Spurr 8 - player well today

Evans 7 - industrious still too many mistakes though

Lenihan 7.5 - got stuck in (like others was worried he'd be sent off)

Bennett 3 - seriously crap, doesn't offer us anything in any of games iv seen so far

Conway 7 - trying but just not happening for him

Watt 8 - good start was a bit patchy at times but proved he's got something

Jackson 8.5 - live wire gave us something we've not had in years

Taylor 5 - not good enough

Lawrence 7.5 - looked good when he came on; do think he's going to be a player this lad

Lambert 9 - good tactics good subs hopefully start of things to come

another feeling the need to swear at me .. You paint and throw fairy dust with venkys unicorns whilst is realists deal in fact ...now jog on good lad .

Not at all ,I hate venkys more than anyone , you just want to put a downer on every rovers supporters day , your pot must always be half empty .

You are definitely a first class door handle

Let's get this right. How many thought we'd lose today ? How many thought we'd struggle ? How many thought we'd struggle to score ?

Oxford were playing well, they beat Swansea convincingly last round. Our camp must have been in turmoil before the game thanks to a player leaving the hotel on the Eve of the game. Front two had never played for us or with each other before. New centre half in, a green kid playing in centre midfield, newish player out on the right. We were set up to fail - but we didn't.

I see we had a few bookings today. I'm not too unhappy with that. We needed a few to get a tackle in. No more a team of soft lads I hope.

Archived