SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Away Fa Cup 4Th Round

chor808

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abbey I must apologise for calling you mr doom and gloom,

I don't know who these mods are but if I get a warning for saying that,there are some sad people out there .

accepted .. Ihowever don't post a cuckoo picture cos that is a life ban until forgiveness is given

a very good win today

I have spoken to a fan(via twitter) who was at the game, and he said that Lenihan was his MoTM and that he was impress by the centre midfield partnership of Evans/Lenihan

said that we were pressing the ball high

Said Watt is abit like Lawrence but a lot better

Thoroughly enjoyable day and it's not over. Even as a big pessimist I thought the bookies odds on us were ridiculous so put my money where my mouth was and won £300 as a brucie bonus. Nearly 3/1 vs a division 4 team balls to that.

Oxford is a nice city snd if you're fond of Chinese people and bicycles boy is this the place for you. Considering its relatively new I thought the ground was a dump with one of those stupidly designed small concourses with no staff behind the bar.

Our work rate and desire was vastly improved, centre halves I thought were excellent and everyone contributed. A well deserved ovation at the end makes a change from booing them off for a lazy lacklustre display.

Back to the 4 candles pub. Ain't nobody, like grant Hanley, makes me happy, makes me feel this way. Ain't nobody, like grant Hanley...

accepted .. Ihowever don't post a cuckoo picture cos that is a life ban until forgiveness is given[/quote.

.??????

Long story I posted a picture of a cuckoo and I git a life ban until a change of heart or how the board was run ..

Cold. Very cold.

Hanley, Conway, Spurr and Jackson were all sharp. Very impressed with Watt. Scored a goal that JR would never have scored. Nice to have some proper pace up front. Oxford just couldn't cope with either Jackson or Watt.

Can't ask for more then that. Good day out.

When it comes to goal scoring, it's quantity over quality every time.

Today we saw the benefit of having two strikers up top who have a bit of pace and power. A player like Rhodes, as great a finisher he is, relies on the players around him creating chances. Players like Watt, Jackson, and Graham rely less on that type of service. Still expect another striker to come in. Don't think Gayle is realistic but I do think we could sign Ulloa, Frazier Campbell or Wells. I expect a central midfielder, winger and left back to come in as well. Now that we have generated significant income we can go and spend in this window without having to worry about further ffp restrictions. I don't think it's too late, the majority of deals are dome on deadline day anyway.

Let's get this right. How many thought we'd lose today ? How many thought we'd struggle ? How many thought we'd struggle to score ?

Oxford were playing well, they beat Swansea convincingly last round. Our camp must have been in turmoil before the game thanks to a player leaving the hotel on the Eve of the game. Front two had never played for us or with each other before. New centre half in, a green kid playing in centre midfield, newish player out on the right. We were set up to fail - but we didn't.

I see we had a few bookings today. I'm not too unhappy with that. We needed a few to get a tackle in. No more a team of soft lads I hope.

Just watched the highlights on BBC red button(they have it on a loop if anyone wants to watch) we looked good, Watt looked very impressive, looks

like he's not frightened to get stuck-in, win the ball and take it forward, no passing back or sideways for this lad, if he can keep that up he could

be a hero in the making.

Of course he needs to do it against better players in the league but signs are good.

Just got back home not too far for me today. Excellent day out.

Yes we played a div4 team but they have been on a run and talking to a few of them before the match the expected to win.

I thought Ward was very assured at the back and made a lot of sensible decisions. I expect him to be first choice going forward.

Both Jackson and Watt had good games and looked a handful at this level. Watt may turn out to be a good Un and is already a fans favourite going by all the watt watt watt songs.

We atacked them from the off and linked up well for a change, at one point it really was one way traffic. We had a few spells of passing it across the back but much less hoofing it.

Oxford did not offer much and less than I expected.

Solid all round team performance and my son has a new hero in Watt.

Just got back home not too far for me today. Excellent day out.

Yes we played a div4 team but they have been on a run and talking to a few of them before the match the expected to win.

I thought Ward was very assured at the back and made a lot of sensible decisions. I expect him to be first choice going forward.

Both Jackson and Watt had good games and looked a handful at this level. Watt may turn out to be a good Un and is already a fans favourite going by all the watt watt watt songs.

We atacked them from the off and linked up well for a change, at one point it really was one way traffic. We had a few spells of passing it across the back but much less hoofing it.

Oxford did not offer much and less than I expected.

Solid all round team performance and my son has a new hero in Watt.

Good to hear we got at them from the off. Our failure to start games at a high tempo has been a major factor in our poor form.

Abbey I must apologise for calling you mr doom and gloom,

I don't know who these mods are but if I get a warning for saying that,there are some sad people out there .

Does make me wonder if Abbey gets warnings too for his diatribes. Very confrontational for somebody I've never personally noticed get banned.

That comment is nothing personal, Abbey, just something I've observed. I at least half expect you to attack me for it though.

Archived