BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Away Fa Cup 4Th Round

chor808

Not sure if it deserves its own thread as we have an FA thread but anyway.

It's a sell out on both sides so should be cracking atmosphere however looking at google earth there are only three sides to the ground.

Not sure where we are sitting/standing but looking forward to this, I bet Appleton is too.

If you get there early you can park at the ground.

Transfer activity today may change my selection but I would go with.

Steel

Spurr Ward Hanley Henley

Conway Akpan Evans Taylor

Rhodes Jackson/Watt?

But what do I know.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if it deserves its own thread as we have an FA thread but anyway.

It's a sell out on both sides so should be cracking atmosphere however looking at google earth there are only three sides to the ground.

Not sure where we are sitting/standing but looking forward to this, I bet Appleton is too.

If you get there early you can park at the ground.

Transfer activity today may change my selection but I would go with.

Steel

Spurr Ward Hanley Henley

Conway Akpan Evans Taylor

Rhodes Jackson/Watt?

But what do I know.

We are sitting in the stand alongside the pitch opposite the stand where the players come out and towards the open car park end. Hope that makes sense

Article here about Oxford United and the game on Saturday

Some interesting comments from Appleton, get the impression he's still bitter about how things turned out here. Their captain is a dingle as well!

He does sound slightly bitter. I must say, what I hear about his style at Oxford seems at odds with how Rovers played. Whereas Oxford play fast, passing football, at Rovers he played very directly. I do wonder whether us sacking him prevented us from the drop that year, as we were dropping like a stone. For my misgivings about him, GB did very well to keep us up that year.

Bit of a beastly train journey tomorrow but looking forward to it nevertheless.

Re Appleton after that debacle of Millwall at home in the fa cup quarters think it was and we put the ball on Danny shittu's head all night long. I'd have genuinely sacked Appleton at half time that game. It was one of worst I've ever seen rovers and plan A was long ball which didn't and wasn't working so we tried it another 60+ times. Have no ill will towards him but he was one of a recent crop of truly awful managers we've had down here recently.

As a side note the odds the bookies have us at is very tempting indeed for a rovers win. Yes the pessimism in me can point to several reasons why we are useless but let's not forget it's a division 2 side hopefully taking the competition seriously vs a division 4 side.

Looking forward to it with Preston Blue.

Should win but this is BRFC and we are playing lowly competition team wise. Glad its not at home as we would definitely lose but away - could be an omen.

2-1 Rovers

Missus will be up early to make the butties: chicken and salt beef are on the menu.

We should stuff the carrot munchers/parsnip heads by 2 or 3.

Dropping the Mrs and my daughter off at her mates in Slough then driving back up to Oxford with my sons!

Can anyone suggest best place to park?

I'm going early and trying to park right at the ground. I think it is free but you need to be there early.

Cheers guys

Mobile phones not sure shay happened above but go early park at ground.

Archived