BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Away Fa Cup 4Th Round

chor808

At Brighton two players were taken ill (Henley and Lowe ircc), at Newport Williamson did a hamstring in the warm up and yesterday Akpan was injured. Interestingly though yesterday we had all three keepers warming up before the game. It is poor that we don't seem to take spare outfield players to use in emergencies.

Could it be Venkys unwilling to pay match bonuses for players who don't play?

Wouldn't put it past em!

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't put it past em!

Surely if you don't get on the pitch you can't earn any bonuses. I would have thought this the case unless some clever agent did a deal for an unused substitute.

Lol - if the most negative thing after a game is that we had a spare seat on the bench (it's not like we have a game changer just waiting at home) then i'll take 6 subs everytime...

Take away the players that are injured and who was there back at Ewood who could have been selected ? Maybe it would have been an opportunity to give one of the kids big match experience I suppose.

Lol - if the most negative thing after a game is that we had a spare seat on the bench (it's not like we have a game changer just waiting at home) then i'll take 6 subs everytime...

Welcome to the BRFCC perspective. ^_^

I see Oxford have 21 Corporate boxes sponsored. How many do we have this season, is it 0 or 1 ?

Ian Lenagan, owner of Wigan Warriors is a majority shareholder there, PB. I thought he was their chairman but doesn't appear to be, quite a savi businessman and entrepreneur though.

Edit - Lenagan was chairman for two years from 2012, making way for a new chairman in 2014, who was to bring in extra investment considered necessary for Oxford's push for promotion to Division One. Ian Lenagan is still involved and still a majority shareholder.

Wouldn't put it past em!

So they should.

Though since its Venkys would probably make too much sense.

Prefer a home draw as its more likely I'll be able to go. Surprised so many like away games in the FAC (particularly somewhere new) with ticket cost, travel, etc.

I enjoyed yesterday for the first time in a while we had pace and movement up front and willingness of players to make the runs down the flanks. Downside moron number 1 who slept and spewed his way to half time. Moron number 2 shouting edl songs - what this has to with football is beyond me and moron number 3 the chimp with the flare.

Stay away librarian our club and its fantastic supporters

Surely if you don't get on the pitch you can't earn any bonuses. I would have thought this the case unless some clever agent did a deal for an unused substitute.

My understanding is if you are named on the official team sheet, you get a bonus

I think there would have been 7 subs but someone had gone to middlesbrough for a day out, still dont know why they could not have sent for someone to come down even if it was just for the experience .

It's probably already been said, but I thought we were brilliant on Saturday. We showed different sides to our play - the ball was moved around quickly on the floor, complimented by a more direct style when it suited. We never looked threatened. Both of these things can be attributed to Elliot Ward for me - he passed it out from the back, thus changing the whole nature of our attacks, whilst comfortably shutting out Oxford.

never mind that it was Oxford.. we have slipped up before to lower league teams, or struggled to get past them. So while people may say that this was a team we should beat, and it was nothing special, at least this time, we were professional about it.

I agree with Sambo it was a. ERF good performance regardless of the opposition; far better than Newport away.

As mentioned earlier the only downside to the day were the couple of Rovers "fans" chanting EDL.....planks.

We looked really comfortable on the ball and did a professional job on Oxford. I saw none of the attacking flair that I've heard they possess, which is credit to us. It was my girlfriend's 12th or 13th Rovers game since she started going last year (poor girl, I know!) and she said it was the best she's seen, which at least confirmed it wasn't me going over the top.

I remember Burnley at home in 2013 seeing similar. Some planks sat near me chanting EDL rubbish. Absolutely moronic and those sort of people should be weeded out of our fanbase. I'd like to think the Oxford offenders would have been told to shut up, but accept it's sometimes easier said than done and not worth the hassle of confronting a bunch of p1ssed up chavs. Didn't hear the chants in question, but I was stood relatively low down.

All in all, was a great day, and the Amaretto tasted all the better on the train home to Cardiff.

Archived