BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dunny

He's already got his own thread. Constantly adding a Y to his name is hardly any different to mocking Bowyer for it. Call him by his full name he's an adult for goodness sake. "Dunny this, Dunny that" I'm bored of it. Even his bloody twitter username has it.

I posted on the Academy thread recently that Dunn's son is there. As is the son of Lucas Neill. Is this literally a case of "jobs for the boys"? Its cruel to the kids if they are there for the wrong reasons.

dunnY was in the away end at charlton watching rovers a couple of weeks ago. Earlier on in the season him and his young lad were part of the 5000 crowd who watched rovers get beat by Shrewsbury in the league cup 1st round - sat in normal paying seats.

How many ex pro's would go and support their team in this manner? He probably goes to watch rovers more these days than most of the members of this website!

I hope he has got a coaching job at the club he clearly loves. I don't understand how any rovers fan could have any disdain towards him

dunnY was in the away end at charlton watching rovers a couple of weeks ago. Earlier on in the season him and his young lad were part of the 5000 crowd who watched rovers get beat by Shrewsbury in the league cup 1st round - sat in normal paying seats.

How many ex pro's would go and support their team in this manner? He probably goes to watch rovers more these days than most of the members of this website!

I hope he has got a coaching job at the club he clearly loves. I don't understand how any rovers fan could have any disdain towards him

Correct,

Lets not forget VinjayV4 defected though

David 'Dunny' Dunn is a fairly accessible local personality. Should be easy enough for Vinjay to express his grievances (whatever they might be) to the man himself face to face.

VinjayV4 does not have the bottle for that I suspect.

Funny how it can be suggested in this case but if ABBEY suggests it, it is frowned upon in certain quarters

I was happy with him starting his coaching career here, but leaving to go into management should've been the end of that.

He's proven himself unreliable so why on earth do we want him? Is this related to John Filan leaving?

In what way ?

I think Ray Harfords son and Paul Dalglish found their way onto Rovers youth books. It doesn't really matter as long as their old men are contributing to the club in some way. Unlike a cockney rogue traders son who probably wouldn't have made his local pubs Sunday starting eleven.

Love him or not someone like Dunn does at least have something to offer young players, hopefully he can also advise them on how not to waste their free time as well.

I think Ray Harfords son and Paul Dalglish found their way onto Rovers youth books. It doesn't really matter as long as their old men are contributing to the club in some way. Unlike a cockney rogue traders son who probably wouldn't have made his local pubs Sunday starting eleven.

Love him or not someone like Dunn does at least have something to offer young players, hopefully he can also advise them on how not to waste their free time as well.

"Welcome, O life, I go to encounter for the millionth time the reality of experience"

as someone with a bit of nouse once said!

While his comments are questionable I don't see that as " self seeking" to be honest, perhaps I'm missing something?

For whatever reason he's defended the manager (scummy as that manager was) I don't think it would have served him any real benefits to do so.

I don't know Dunny (sorry vinjay ) but he's been a tremendous servant to the club and like all fans he's got an opinion, wether you agree with it or not is another matter I suppose, but I wouldn't call him self seeking to be honest.

More hate......why do people have to hate players so much who have committed no offence other than to play well for our club over many years? is it jealousy? You would think he was public enemy no1 the way some go on on this board.

Who are you to judge what causes offence or not?

While his comments are questionable I don't see that as " self seeking" to be honest, perhaps I'm missing something?

For whatever reason he's defended the manager (scummy as that manager was) I don't think it would have served him any real benefits to do so.

I don't know Dunny (sorry vinjay ) but he's been a tremendous servant to the club and like all fans he's got an opinion, wether you agree with it or not is another matter I suppose, but I wouldn't call him self seeking to be honest.

Dunn knew more than most how fraught the situation was between the fans and the current regime. He didn't need to come out and say anything, he could've kept his head down and respected their right to protest, instead of coming out in defence of Kean and patronizing them. He abused his position as a local hero because he knew that it would shield him from any serious backlash from the majority of supporters (like Mr. McClarky here).

He knew which side his bread was buttered on:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/football/4172363/David-Dunn-to-stay-at-Blackburn-for-life.html

I do love Dunny but I don't think he's worthy of a coaching position - his Oldham tenure and his immature Twitter posts in the aftermath don't suggest he would be up to it. No more jobs for the boys please!

My view is roughly the same as sambo's. I couldn't care less about any previous comments he's made defending the manager of the time. Any player would have done the same. He is also a top bloke imo and a true Rovers legend as a player.

However, he's not shown or done anything whatsoever to indicate he deserves a place on the coaching staff imo.

Personally, I think it's good news that Dunny is coaching in the Academy set up. He has done his coaching badges and so is qualified to take on the role. Together with Damien Johnson, it must be a source of inspiration for the young lads to have two guys coaching them who came through the youth ranks and went on to achieve a fair amount of success in their own careers - including playing international football.

Personally, I think it's good news that Dunny is coaching in the Academy set up. He has done his coaching badges and so is qualified to take on the role. Together with Damien Johnson, it must be a source of inspiration for the young lads to have two guys coaching them who came through the youth ranks and went on to achieve a fair amount of success in their own careers - including playing international football.

It's no wonder we get left behind as a country when we still have this outdated mentality of appointing ex-players to positions of responsibility.

It's no wonder we get left behind as a country when we still have this outdated mentality of appointing ex-players to positions of responsibility.

He's a creative, confident, technically gifted, ex-pro, local lad, with Rovers in his heart - surely this is exactly the type of coach we should be looking to appoint?

He's a creative, confident, technically gifted, ex-pro, local lad, with Rovers in his heart - surely this is exactly the type of coach we should be looking to appoint?

Dunn was a naturally gifted footballer. What he had cannot be taught.

Apart from that, who cares if he's local or an ex-Rover? You hire the best guy for the job.

Apart from that, who cares if he's local or an ex-Rover? You hire the best guy for the job.

Clearly he has been hired because he as qualified as any other who might apply for the job at that level having done his coaching badges.

That's a cliché though. What he had was skill, confidence and vision, if we aren't going to try to instil that into the Youth set up we should just keep doing what we have been doing (producing mundane, one-dimensional players who rarely break though into a sideways passing, gutless, starting eleven) and ultimately give up.

Clearly he has been hired because he as qualified as any other who might apply for the job at that level having done his coaching badges.

Dont see Lambert/Kinder hiring Dunn if he wasnt good enough.

For me, Dunn can past on his experience and Knowledge to the younger players.

For me, Dunn can past on his experience and Knowledge to the younger players.

My concern is around his lack of professionalism during parts of his time at Ewood. His comments on twitter seem to tell me he's still very much "Jack the lad".

PB makes a good point about us having two players who've previously gone through the ranks. This is a great role modelling exercise in some ways but what's more important is the things he's saying to these players day to day.

If Dunny has matured and can use his bad choices as examples to avoid for the youth players- this could be useful. I'm skeptical.

Archived