BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leicester City : A Dilemma

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not arsed about City. Like their manager, centre forward and Kompany. Oh and the Belgium kid who's injured. Hate their waste and excess. Respect their fans.

Respect their fans? Are you kidding? I haven't respected them since 2000. I've always liked the way City stuck it to Manure in derbies before they were big boys, but their fans? Scumbags in the main. Act like animals. And that's the hardcore - they have a lot of plastics now too.

Sorry, but I can't feel the love for Leicester winning the title. I want the Rovers to be the only team to break the big club cartel.

I sympathise, as I said above, but do you really want that big club cartel to never be broken, just because it isn't us doing it? It really ruins the top flight, and means nobody believes they can win it without huge huge cash.

The only reason I don't want them to win it is because I talked my girlfriend out of betting on them doing so at odds of about 1,000/1 not too long into the season.

That's the best reason I've seen so far!

Definitely want Leicester to win. As McClarky says, there's no need to be insecure of our achievements. We experienced what happened - nobody can ever take that away from us.

It's not as though our title win is really romanticised by the outside world, or that we're lauded for being part of an "elite" group. And someone smashing through the glass ceiling created by the very richest I believe to be genuinely good for football.

I don't want Leicester to win it. They cheated under FFP to get out of the championship in the first place and still haven't been punished (surprise).

If you want to see how dodgy it is , look into Trestellar Ltd, their 'international marketing' partner who gave they £50m+ as income to get out of FFP, despite being a company with no employees, no phone or website.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/12054079/Leicester-City-flying-high-and-are-sitting-top-of-the-Premier-League-table-but-will-they-be-derailed-by-FFP-regulations.html

If the rules had been followed they would've had an embargo, and wouldn't be sat on the top of the premier league now.

I don't want Leicester to win it. They cheated under FFP to get out of the championship in the first place and still haven't been punished (surprise).

If you want to see how dodgy it is , look into Trestellar Ltd, their 'international marketing' partner who gave they £50m+ as income to get out of FFP, despite being a company with no employees, no phone or website.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/12054079/Leicester-City-flying-high-and-are-sitting-top-of-the-Premier-League-table-but-will-they-be-derailed-by-FFP-regulations.html

If the rules had been followed they would've had an embargo, and wouldn't be sat on the top of the premier league now.

Whereas we cheated to get into it (well certain people in and around the club did)

The only reason I don't want them to win it is because I talked my girlfriend out of betting on them doing so at odds of about 1,000/1 not too long into the season.

Bloody hell, get rid now or you will never win an argument about finances for the rest of your life with that in her arsenal :)

I left Blackburn to go to university in Leicester in 1996 and I’ve been living there ever since. We’ve played Leicester away eight times in the 20 years I’ve been living here and we’ve yet to beat them once. Drawn three and lost five. And after every defeat, I’ve had to endure remorseless p*ss-taking from the Leicester fans I’ve worked with (although reminding them of Speedie helps to put them back in their box).

But the last thing I want to experience is their inevitable gloating if they win the league. And whilst I understand that exactly the same thing happened with us in the mid-90s, I am currently finding it very difficult to remain civil with the increasing number of people here who are suddenly huge Leicester fans when last season, they wouldn’t have known who they were playing from week to week.

So as immature as it might make me, I cheered Arsenal’s last minute winner on Sunday.

I left Blackburn to go to university in Leicester in 1996 and Ive been living there ever since. Weve played Leicester away eight times in the 20 years Ive been living here and weve yet to beat them once. Drawn three and lost five. And after every defeat, Ive had to endure remorseless p*ss-taking from the Leicester fans Ive worked with (although reminding them of Speedie helps to put them back in their box).

But the last thing I want to experience is their inevitable gloating if they win the league. And whilst I understand that exactly the same thing happened with us in the mid-90s, I am currently finding it very difficult to remain civil with the increasing number of people here who are suddenly huge Leicester fans when last season, they wouldnt have known who they were playing from week to week.

So as immature as it might make me, I cheered Arsenals last minute winner on Sunday.

Odd. I thought you would have some affection for a place that you have spent 20 years living in!

Odd. I thought you would have some affection for a place that you have spent 20 years living in!

I have affection for the place itself but unfortunately, I cannot seem to develop any affection for its football team for some reason. I have some friends who I would describe as proper, ardent Leicester fans and who have been going to watch them for years whether they were in the Premier League, Championship or League One. I would be pleased for them if they won it.

To be honest, I think my biggest underlying issue is a fear that my son might choose to be a Leicester fan rather than a Rovers fan. He's only two so he's certainly not at the decision-making stage yet but it concerns me that a perfect storm seems to be developing - Rovers dropping into the Championship and becoming a team likely to be fighting relegation to League One each season whilst Leicester City are winning the Premier League, competing in the Champions League, firmly establishing themselves as a top-flight club. It was going to be hard enough to persuade my lad to support a team that plays its homes games over 100 miles away but it will be made ten times harder if all his mates at school are Leicester fans.

All I get at the moment is loads of people (who weren't previously interested in Leicester City until this season) telling me that "he should support his local team" and that I should let him support Leicester because "they're on the up". Nightmare.

Thanks to all for your considered responses .

Maybe I am immature, insecure and misguided but I guess I can't help my gut feeling . In my eyes one of the great things about the Rovers is our uniqueness.. First we have the most original and eye catching shirt in world football and as an Accrington born lad, the reason I started supporting the Rovers instead of those Aston Villa/ West Ham impersonators down the M65. Secondly the fact that we're the only club currently in existence that's won the F A Cup 3 times in a row . I used to use that on my Preston supporting school mates all through the first half of 1970s ! Finally I love the fact that our name is on the premiership trophy , the only one outside the massive teams in the big cities of London and Manchester

Sorry but it's Arsenal , Man City and even Spurs , before " little " Leicester City !

Definitely take the point that it removes the uniqueness of our achievement somewhat but I'd like to think a good section of the country was chuffed for us when we managed it and I'm pretty sure I will be for Leicester if they do.

In modern football there are 2 types of fan:

The FIFA/Football Manager/youtube video of Ronaldo nutmegging 600 people at once/Sky TV/sometimes watch my team on the telly, sometimes forget/gloryhunt a Champions league regular/wear the full kit when playing 5-a-side because I'll never go to a game/say "oh that's great" if team won something - type of fan.

And the local team/regularly go to games/followed through thick and thin/endure much mickey-taking without it affecting commitment in the slightest/passionate/genuine love of the game/know every one of their club's good players going way back/would literally cry with joy at winning something - type of fan.

Everyone on this board is the 2nd type and so I'd imagine are the vast majority of Leicester fans. But in the wider sense we're becoming increasingly outnumbered by the 1st type. So personally have a bit of kindred spirit affection for all "proper" fans out there (except Dingles) :)

And also, another small/medium sized club was always going to win it eventually. We've enjoyed the uniqueness of out title win for 20 years, a length of time I bet nobody expected when we managed it.

Archived