BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leicester City : A Dilemma

I happened to watch a bit of the Arsenal v Leicester City game at the weekend and found myself cheering when Arsenal scored the last minute winner.I did feel a little guilty . My wife was surprised that I cheered the Arsenal winner and asked me why I wasn't rooting for the underdog . My reply was that there are only 5 teams that have ever won the Premier League, Manchester United, Manchester City , Chelsea , Arsenal and our beloved Blackburn Rovers. I told her that if a "little club" like Leicester City won it , then it would dilute our amazing achievement. Is my view justified?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) You where wrong :tu:

2) No, it is already long forgotten anyway outside of Blackburn.

I want Leicester to win it 100%. A look to my right and I have a picture of the winning pen on my office wall, Mike Newall. Rovers 1 Leicester 0 1992. I'll let them have this one.

Honestly think it would be one of the best things to ever happen in english football if Leicester won it

If it was a hollywood movie, you'd be turning it off calling it far fetched BS...yet here they are on the brink of something beyond remarkable

Surely we all enter a competition to compete?

The modern game made me think that this was now an impossibility for the non Champions League elite in the PL, so the Leicester story has been a breath of fresh air, bit of romance in the vain of Clough's Forest.

Yes, it is great being in the elite club of title winners and is why I would always choose Arsenal to win the title over say Liverpool or Tottenham- but I'll be cheering Leicester on all the way.

Hope Leicester do it, will be happy for them, as an alternative Arsenal, but please no not Spurs, still remember Sean Currys late disallowed goal down there in league cup, cheating b*******, and there is a reason Spurs fans are happy to wear a cock (erel) on their chest

I've been thinking about this too. It would diminish our achievement to an extent...in fact it would surpass it. I think only a foolish few would deny that. We came up with serious financial backing - overstated in the press and public perception, but very substantial - and spent two seasons up there, finishing 4th and 2nd, before we won the league. They are a club who has never won the top flight, have far less finance in relative terms, were nearly relegated last season, and even changed manager in the summer. Whilst our star striker who bagged the goals was bought for a British record fee (and then so was his strike partner!), Leicester's is a 28 year old who was playing for Fleetwood in 2012, signed for about a third of what the cheapest member of our strike force cost even back then. Ours was a romantic fairytale. This would be even more so.

Despite that, I usually root for the underdog, so I do want them to win it. I am sick of this established order that ruins the game, and I seriously crave somebody to upset the apple cart. I'm not somebody to be bitter and jealous because another's success exceeds ours. I will be gutted if Tottenham snatch it though. But so long as it's not Manure...

Like Abbey said though, if their fans start to act conceited about it, I will put them on my sh!t list. If they win with dignity, I'll be delighted for them.

As someone who couldn't give a toss about the Prem unless we are in it I'm not really bothered. Thinking about it the other day though if Leicester do it and it opens up a new age of it being shared about we could end up with Burnley winning it in a few years.

Sod that, come on Man City !

As someone who couldn't give a toss about the Prem unless we are in it I'm not really bothered. Thinking about it the other day though if Leicester do it and it opens up a new age of it being shared about we could end up with Burnley winning it in a few years.

Sod that, come on City !

Now that's just crazy talk! I hope...

Leicester fans I've come across have a exaggerated sense of the club's importance - plus for some reason they don't like Rovers. It's a horrible choice really, because no one wants London Tottenham or Arsenal to win it, and Leicester winning would undoubtedly eclipse the triumph of "moneybags" Blackburn.

The solution is clear: come on City !!

Leicester fans I've come across have a exaggerated sense of the club's importance - plus for some reason they don't like Rovers. It's a horrible choice really, because no one wants London Tottenham or Arsenal to win it, and Leicester winning would undoubtedly eclipse the triumph of "moneybags" Blackburn.

The solution is clear: come on City !!

Similar to what I said in a previous thread, whilst it would be a massive achievement they aren't actually a small club. Fair old size city, stadium, crowds and infrastructure already been there for over a decade. Investment has also been being steadily poured in over that decade. I like to know how much they've actually spent in the last 10 years to put everything in place to have a tilt at being successful.

Not as much as the other three.

True but the law of averages probably says that every now and again someone is going to come along and maybe upset the cartel at the top. I'm saying that it's less surprising for it to be a club of Leicesters size and means than one of ours.

I want it to happen as it will be arguably the greatest upset ever in the history of European Football. That I can remember anyway. Absolutely unbelievable.

Watching Arsenal Leicester I did get the feeling they won't quite make it which is a shame. But arguably even them coming second will be the greatest achievement of a club in the Premier League era. Eclipses us.

I'm more concerned about that small club Spurs winning it - they've got some of the cockiest fans around - even though they've been @#/? for...almost forever. They'll be meltdown if they ever won the league.

They've always been a bit of a soft touch. But this season they seem to have a bit more metal about them....

Have enjoyed Leicester this season, but 2nd. 3rd or 4th is still a major success for them. However disappinting after leading so long.

Have said all along they won't win it, so I'm sticking to my guns, but 6 from 9 from Liverpool, City and Arsenal keeps them bubbling along nicely.

Would personally prefer Arsenal as I'm one of the few on here seemingly that thinks Wenger is a top manager and would like him to have the bigger trophies that reflect that. Don't mind their players either.

Enjoyed watching Spurs this year and admire what they are doing. Loving their full back rotation! Like their manager a lot, but not their childish fans after Cardiff.

Not arsed about City. Like their manager, centre forward and Kompany. Oh and the Belgium kid who's injured. Hate their waste and excess. Respect their fans.

Arsenal for me. No thanks to Leicester, City or Spurs.

Up the Rovers!!!!!!

Of the clubs in the race to win the title; Arsenal or City would mean we are still one of the 5, Leicester would be a story as good if not better than ours, whereas Spurs... Spurs would be collective orgasm by the southern media and would be hell for every none Spurs fan across the country. To (mis) quote the inbetweeners - I like football, but I don't like Spurs. Spurs can @#/? off.

Archived