BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pne. Early Ko 12.30

barry_

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was confused too when the linesman flagged to signal a free kick and forgot to put the flag across his chest

That procedure was stopped two seasons ago Tom M. The procedure now is to indicate as you would a free kick and then run to the corner flag. With Duffy being on the goaline I'd imagine the assistant was already on or very near to the goaline/corner flag to not need to run.

Great save from Shane though.

As bad as it is losing to that no mark club, the more worrying thing is it is looking less likely by the day that Lambo will be backed by our absentee owners and will probably walk leaving us in the hands of Damien Johnson next season and with the Delf leading our survival charge x

• Backroom

That procedure was stopped two seasons ago Tom M. The procedure now is to indicate as you would a free kick and then run to the corner flag. With Duffy being on the goaline I'd imagine the assistant was already on or very near to the goaline/corner flag to not need to run.

Great save from Shane though.

Thanks JAL I didn't know nor never noticed that till Saturday, didn't seem like something in need of a change

£10 - £15 Million? That really is unimaginable and also distressing as it would no doubt lead to more feeding frenzies for anyone wanting to make a quick few quid out of an ailing and badly managed football club. I wouldn't be surprised if it was more like £0. In fact it is more than likely to be nothing to spend on fees. Either way the only position we are secure in is centre back so we can't possibly expect to plug all those gaps this year.

I ain't bothered about another pointless record against a side we have barely played in the past 20 years or so.

I have already comment on Gomez's poor performance and I wouldn't be signing in come the summer. performances haven't been good enough to warrant us signing him

I guess we will find out come the end of the season and this summer.

I still reckon that Lambert will get 10-15 million budget come this summer

Chaddy what do you drink as I'll have a pint of what you've had... You reckon PL will get 15 million.. The only way he'll get that is if he wins the euro millions

Have you paid any attention to the period from Oct 2010 onwards because I really don't know what you base your expectations on

BTW I bet you thought the record v dingles was also pointless when it was broken

Chaddy what do you drink as I'll have a pint of what you've had... You reckon PL will get 15 million.. The only way he'll get that is if he wins the euro millions

Have you paid any attention to the period from Oct 2010 onwards because I really don't know what you base your expectations on

BTW I bet you thought the record v dingles was also pointless when it was broken

Perhaps this :-

In August 2012, Jordan Rhodes became English football's most expensive player outside the top flight when he joined Blackburn Rovers for £8,000,000, equalling Blackburn's record transfer fee.

In August 2012, Jordan Rhodes became English football's most expensive player outside the top flight when he joined Blackburn Rovers for £8,000,000, equalling Blackburn's record transfer fee.

Thats still not 15 million tbh without his goalscoring record we'd highly likely have been league one fodder

It looks very doubtful we'll see a signing like that again..

You are backtracking on your original assertion.

Are you on a wind up mission

Do you seriously think with Venky's track record PL will be given significant funds this summer even PL doesn't seem to think he will

Are you on a wind up mission

Do you seriously think with Venky's track record PL will be given significant funds this summer even PL doesn't seem to think he will

You haven't got the slightest clue of Venky's intentions ... i.e. you are clueless ... again.

Parachute payments. That ship has sailed.

Parachute payments. That ship has sailed.

So name me another team in the history of parachute payments and more importantly with owners who are only in it to 'rape and pillage'

their club ... who have invested that amount on a single player?

So name me another team in the history of parachute payments and more importantly with owners who are only in it to 'rape and pillage'

their club ... who have invested that amount on a single player?

Seriously what are you on about? Where did I mention about raping and pillaging?

Rovers got relegated and Venkys gambled in that first season on returning to the riches of the Premier League. They spent a hell of a lot that first season on Rhodes and Best, plus wages on Etuhu, Murphy and Gomes.

Since then, the huge income of parachute payments has vanished and they have lost £80million+ on Rovers. The squad meanwhile looks further away than ever from promotion.

Even if we don't spend any cash, it's still going to cost them for wages just to keep the club going, Where is there any evidence that they are suddenly going to chuck £15million + extra wages at us. The only glimmer of hope was that Lambert agreed to come in the first place and even he is telling us it's unlikely.

While I'd love to see us spend £10-15 million in the summer there are three points which make this highly unlikely:

1. To build a promotion team will cost far more than £15m so why chuck away that money to achieve nothing?

2. If we exclude parachute payments turnover in 2014/15 was just £14m. Making wages almost 200% of turnover.

3. IF we make £15m of signings their wages have to be found. As a guess one could see the wage to turnover ratio rise to 250%. The stark reality is we do not have any money with which to pay players or any of the staff for that matter.

I realise arguments can be put forward re Rhodes and others being off the books but ultimately it' smoke, mirrors and wishful thinking. To get out of this league we need at least eight players. That won't happen on £15m.

The club has been totally shafted by the Raos and the only direction we are going is the same as Bolton. Without £30-40m as a minimum nothing will happen. To believe anything else is simply ignoring the reality of our position.

For me the hope one's club might achieve something was always important. The reality at Ewood is there is absolutely no reason to think we can do anything but survive.

If I was Paul Lambert I'd be on the first bus home.

Archived