BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pne. Early Ko 12.30

barry_

does anyone from the fans forum know why the police have changed the kick off time (yet again). And more to the point, why the club bends over whenever a request is made, but other clubs (eg Burnley) make their own decisions?

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No not on TV,the reason is the police,beginning of season police inspector for Blackburn in conjunction with Stuart Caley stadium manager advised that Burnley,Pteston,Leeds and Bolton are all 1230 kick offs,only reason Bolton wasn't ,it got changed to Friday night.

To my knowledge it isn't on TV and has been moved to a 12.30 kick off at police request. The same with the Leeds game.

It is absolutely pathetic and I am getting sick of it. It just disrupts the day. I also find it counter productive as people just end up drinking more at silly o clock in the morning.

I am getting sick of our club caving in to unnecessary demands by the police and yet other clubs seemingly stand up to them. Take the burnley game as an example - there was ridiculous segregation in the riverside and jack walker, including bizarrely the upper tier! Yet burnley fans are going to be in the same stand as rovers fans at turf moor!

Likewise the restricted capacity for the Liverpool cup game last season. Again unnecessary segregation at the ends of the jack walker and riverside stands.

The fact the head of security at Rovers is ex police (possibly an ex inspector I think) goes some way to show why the club cede to these over zealous policies.

No not on TV,the reason is the police,beginning of season police inspector for Blackburn in conjunction with Stuart Caley stadium manager advised that Burnley,Pteston,Leeds and Bolton are all 1230 kick offs,only reason Bolton wasn't ,it got changed to Friday night.

The game at Preston was a 3pm ko and went ahead with no trouble so for what reason would this fixture be deemed to be a problem?

The Burnley games will be early kick offs, no getting away from it.

However, just don't understand PNE, we can play at Deepdale at 3pm, but the Ewood game has to kick off at 12.30?

And don't get me started on the spectacle of seeing parts of the bear pit that is the Jack Walker Upper being netted off.

Just complete and utter nonsense there was probably more potential for trouble on Sunday (if WHU brought any "green street" types) than against likes of Preston. Have the club forgotten dealing with Leeds, Liverpool, Man United, etc for years? There's been cases of arrests with those clubs in the past but hardly any riots. Of course the last 2 clubs would probably complain and Rovers would bow down to them no doubt. I don't really care when the games kick off myself but others do and I don't like changes for stupid reasons. I remember Wigan having issues with the local police a few years ago perhaps Rovers are just trying to make things as easy as possible for themselves. Meaning in other words that the staff won't have to do extra work by objecting.

Bring it up at the fans forum.

If Preston Police can cope with 5000 Rovers at 3pm, you'd think Blackburn Police could cope.

Pathetic over reaction. when was the last time there was major trouble at Rovers. They are stuck in the 80's

Its Lancashire constabulary so there is no excuse. Principles should be the same in all policing divisions if Rovers have to kick off early so should likes of Preston.

Its Lancashire constabulary so there is no excuse. Principles should be the same in all policing divisions if Rovers have to kick off early so should likes of Preston.

Your right same Lancashire constabulary,but it's the local police inspector at Blackburn along with stadium manager who have decided,stupid decision in my mind,if 3 00pm at Preston was ok,it should be same at home..

The Burnley allocation and segregation doesn't bother me but this does.

Has this been just changed or was it changed a while ago?

All it does is screw up my plans for the Saturday.

It seems the police cannot handle a prime time kick off for any derby anymore - unless Sky tell them otherwise.

The Burnley allocation and segregation doesn't bother me but this does.

Has this been just changed or was it changed a while ago?

All it does is screw up my plans for the Saturday.

It seems the police cannot handle a prime time kick off for any derby anymore - unless Sky tell them otherwise.

No I noticed the 12:30 kickoff over a week ago and thought it was stupid. Only game scheduled for Sky I believe is Burnley on March 5th.

So it's all about the 'safety of supporters'... unless Sky offer some appearance money...

Pathetic.

The club and the police should be asked for proof of what specific safety concerns that only appear to cover Ewood for derby games.

Well Leeds isn't one and we don't know for sure whether Bolton could have been 12:30. Would games against Blackpool and the Manchester clubs now be changed as well?

If there is a problem then why not cut their allocations down like other clubs would do ? It's the visiting fans that would cause the majority of any aggro so why does the already dwindling and completely fed up loyal home hardcore have to keep bending over and taking it just so they can get 6k+ in the Darwen End. It really is pathetic, yes there is an arguement for early k.o v Burnley and if the tv money is on offer. The only reason they are doing it v these two is to accommodate them.

Then they sit their scratching their heads when ST sales keep falling despite being cheap. I really do keep wondering sometimes just why it seems this club is still being wrecked from the inside out.

Archived