BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pne. Early Ko 12.30

barry_

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Preston fans are the best, they are the Gentry’, said Alan Ball after being asked for a comment about a sizeable support which had followed his side to an away game in the early 1970s. "

As a result, they dress up in bowler hats, ya know like the gentry do... or something

I prefer the sound of this:

"The Pall Mall Gazette noted that those that had ventured down from Blackburn for the Cup Final were "a northern horde of uncouth garb and strange oaths"

Alan Ball, he's the gnome that sounded like Glen Keeley had a permanent grip on his testies isn't it

Gentry day is a day, each season, on which everybody gathers to celebrate the life of passed on North End supporters, friends & family.

I'd suggest people go and look back on a Barnsley forum and one or two press articles from a few years ago and read about this 'Gentry' nonsense. Behaved like anything but Gentry apparently.

Burnley are a breed unto themselves but nothing gets my goat up more than PNE fans. Wind and urine merchants of the highest order but with nothing whatsoever to back it up unless they hark back to Sir Tom, which they frequently do. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than seeing us send these lot back to their flat land holes with a right good stuffing.

The game has been moved to early KO because Blackburn police expect problems with the Preston lot so well done they've already half spoiled it before it's begun.

I'd suggest people go and look back on a Barnsley forum and one or two press articles from a few years ago and read about this 'Gentry' nonsense. Behaved like anything but Gentry apparently.

Burnley are a breed unto themselves but nothing gets my goat up more than PNE fans. Wind and urine merchants of the highest order but with nothing whatsoever to back it up unless they hark back to Sir Tom, which they frequently do. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than seeing us send these lot back to their flat land holes with a right good stuffing.

The game has been moved to early KO because Blackburn police expect problems with the Preston lot so well done they've already half spoiled it before it's begun.

Fans of a club harking back / reminiscing about a more illustrious period in their history. Shocking behaviour, What a set of annoying b@rstewards eh, kill 'em all.

And read the Barnsley forum from last year, and you'll find a couple of references to young nippers who can't handle their ale, that's all. Nothing serious.

And once you've climbed from behind the sofa, you can read the Brentford forum from the 2014 gentry day. A day that they won promotion, celebrated on the pitch and came over to clap our support, holding PNE memorabilia aloft and joining in with our chants in the ground, and pubs afterwards. There's plenty of video evidence on YouTube. No sign of bother whatsoever.

Your last sentence is just ott ridiculousness, and doesn't warrant a response, sorry.

Your last sentence is just ott ridiculousness, and doesn't warrant a response, sorry.

Id be bloody interested why the old bill have shifted it, personally the bigger issue is more the fact that the old bill say jump and rovers say how high.

Anyway, enjoy Gentry Day.

Fans of a club harking back / reminiscing about a more illustrious period in their history. Shocking behaviour, What a set of annoying b@rstewards eh, kill 'em all.

And read the Barnsley forum from last year, and you'll find a couple of references to young nippers who can't handle their ale, that's all. Nothing serious.

And once you've climbed from behind the sofa, you can read the Brentford forum from the 2014 gentry day. A day that they won promotion, celebrated on the pitch and came over to clap our support, holding PNE memorabilia aloft and joining in with our chants in the ground, and pubs afterwards. There's plenty of video evidence on YouTube. No sign of bother whatsoever.

I'll never be hiding behind any sofa from any nobber my friend so wind your neck in. So young whippersnappers behaving like hools because they can't handle their ale is ok then is it. Kind of justifies my comments I think although I know we all have those types. There's obviously a reason for the early KO.

I'll never be hiding behind any sofa from any nobber my friend so wind your neck in. So young whippersnappers behaving like hools because they can't handle their ale is ok then is it. Kind of justifies my comments I think although I know we all have those types. There's obviously a reason for the early KO.

I never said it was OK, but it doesn't justify your comments at all. You ridiculously dismissed the whole event as "nonsense" based on a couple of comments regarding drunken behaviour by a miniscule minority of young lads, on one occasion. Totally disregarding the previous 10 other occasions.

Also, have you got a link to these press articles please? Or have you just conjured that up as well, to suit your agenda?

I never said it was OK, but it doesn't justify your comments at all. You ridiculously dismissed the whole event as "nonsense" based on a couple of comments regarding drunken behaviour by a miniscule minority of young lads, on one occasion. Totally disregarding the previous 10 other occasions.

Also, have you got a link to these press articles please? Or have you just conjured that up as well, to suit your agenda?

You've already confirmed it happened so why do you need links ? I only stumbled on it from reading Barnsley forums around a time we probably played them and it just stuck in my memory. Similar comments from Burnley fans after you played there in the cup the other season, oh and rather large incident in the centre of Leeds a while back as well.

Like I said these will be in the thoughts of the police when switching the KO time and not because of our fans. Some of our lot won't be angels either but it really is a minority but don't come on here with this gentry talk as if it makes your fans special in some way.

Come on Gary, you are on another clubs forum, someone you lot consider a big 'rival' and you're getting your knickers in a twist about them seeing things a different way to you. The trick is to not let it bother you, you will feel much better.

It's a PNE tradition so I would imagine the majority of fans from other clubs aren't going to care enough about it to fully research it and what it is about. I for one couldn't care less about what gentry day is or where it comes from.

If people have a skewed view of it (as you say) then who cares? Let it go.

Anyway, it's Gentry day this Saturday, so you can all relax.

Back on topic. Over 4,000 sold at our end in 3days. I'd expect us to comfortably shift the full 7k.

Should be a fun day out. Looking forward to it.

Just had a look at your home attendances. Pretty poor aren't they. From 9000 to 12000 a lot of games. Only when the big clubs come to town do they rise, with your biggest home attendance being when rovers rode into town.

How do you explain your home attendances being so poor, taking into account you're at your highest league position for goodness how many decades?

You've already confirmed it happened so why do you need links ? I only stumbled on it from reading Barnsley forums around a time we probably played them and it just stuck in my memory. Similar comments from Burnley fans after you played there in the cup the other season, oh and rather large incident in the centre of Leeds a while back as well.

Like I said these will be in the thoughts of the police when switching the KO time and not because of our fans. Some of our lot won't be angels either but it really is a minority but don't come on here with this gentry talk as if it makes your fans special in some way.

Riiiight, ok. So 'incidents' involving PNE fans from 3yrs ago, and 12yrs ago respectively, will have had a bearing on the kick off time against you lot on the 2nd April 2016?

Even though we've already played away at the 2 clubs you've mentioned, and didn't have the kick off time altered. Hmmm.

Btw, I'm also aware that your fans smashed Windows on buses at Burnley over the weekend, so you can climb down from that massive horse that you're smugly perched upon.

As for these magical press articles...nice back tracking. It was blatantly obvious you weren't referring to the Barnsley game (writing "from a few years ago" kinda gave it away). There aren't any such articles anyway. Not about Barnsley, or any other gentry day.

Comical.

Just had a look at your home attendances. Pretty poor aren't they. From 9000 to 12000 a lot of games. Only when the big clubs come to town do they rise, with your biggest home attendance being when rovers rode into town.

How do you explain your home attendances being so poor, taking into account you're at your highest league position for goodness how many decades?

I'm the first to admit that our home support is very poor. You won't get a rise out of me there sunshine.

Riiiight, ok. So 'incidents' involving PNE fans from 3yrs ago, and 12yrs ago respectively, will have had a bearing on the kick off time against you lot on the 2nd April 2016?

Even though we've already played away at the 2 clubs you've mentioned, and didn't have the kick off time altered. Hmmm.

Btw, I'm also aware that your fans smashed Windows on buses at Burnley over the weekend, so you can climb down from that massive horse that you're smugly perched upon.

As for these magical press articles...nice back tracking. It was blatantly obvious you weren't referring to the Barnsley game. There aren't any such articles anyway. Not about Barnsley, or any other gentry day.

Comical.

I'm the first to admit that our home support is very poor. You won't get a rise out of me there sunshine.

Why are you even on here anyway in between running back to pneonline and calling us plastics etc. You seem to represent everything I despise about north end fans and their bitter inferiority complex towards Rovers when most of us couldn't give a toss about you lot. Not my fault that you seem to think behaving like a scrote is ok if you cover it by wearing a bowler hat and calling yourselves gentry :P

Oh and I can't see why people would smash windows on their own busses ? Is that something you've decided to twist ?

Do you have any comment to make on the actual game ?

PNE are not nor will they ever be a massive club so why take the bait on offer? I am sure GP means well and he accepts, unlike some PNE fans that his own clubs support is poor. We have our own problems, like Burnley and PNE have also had. Its a big day out as its a derby match, and we have already done them at their place. Make no bones about, the team itself will be up for it as they will want to get their own back. As for their fans, or some of them, they have more morons than Rovers and Burnley put together and that is probably going to be the reason why its an early kick off.

Its a good to have visitors on the site, its poor fare to constantly slag them off. All for banter not for abuse, it just lowers the tone.

Oh and I can't see why people would smash windows on their own busses ? Is that something you've decided to twist ?

Do you have any comment to make on the actual game ?

https://m.facebook.com/awaydayfootball/photos/a.625059177540252.1073741827.625056280873875/1044932648886234/?type=3&source=48

The source mis reported it as being the dingles at fault, but reading the comments, it's confirmed that it was the fault of Blackburn fans.

Plus, you can clearly tell that it's been smashed from the inside.

Disgusting behaviour, truth be told.

I'll ignore the rest of your post, if you don't mind, as it's a tad strange.

PNE are not nor will they ever be a massive club so why take the bait on offer? I am sure GP means well and he accepts, unlike some PNE fans that his own clubs support is poor. We have our own problems, like Burnley and PNE have also had. Its a big day out as its a derby match, and we have already done them at their place. Make no bones about, the team itself will be up for it as they will want to get their own back. As for their fans, or some of them, they have more morons than Rovers and Burnley put together and that is probably going to be the reason why its an early kick off.

Its a good to have visitors on the site, its poor fare to constantly slag them off. All for banter not for abuse, it just lowers the tone.

A sensible, reasonable post.

I wasn't trying to get a rise out of you, I was asking why your home support is poor?

Alan Ball, he's the gnome that sounded like Glen Keeley had a permanent grip on his testies isn't it

Yeah thats him....well nearly. It was actually his dad who made the gentry comment.

Certainly one way to try and acquire a nickname.

Archived