BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pne. Early Ko 12.30

barry_

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are an odd bunch, they are obsessed with calling us 'plastics', especially the relatively few Blues that live in Preston, yet have no issue with the thousands upon thousands of glory hunting plastics that support Man Yoo and Liverpool, if a few more of them had supported their local club and gone to Deepdale over the years, maybe they'd have sampled the Premier League by now.

Though like Blackpool fans, I think a lot of PNE supporters have 'two clubs' .

They do one at work is a Liverpool fan as well .. It's strange .

Having been done by Bolton and Burnley this year, at least I'll take some satisfaction from doing the double over this shower.

I enjoyed my day out in Preston last year watching the locals cheering on Man Utd pre game in the pub before they then left to go to Dumpdale (Seriously). I also enjoying watching them sulking back to their cars after moaning about how 'bad' Rovers were.

That's standard Preston for you. They all seem to have a 'big' team and their hometown team. Apart from the ones who chose Rovers in the 90's :tu::tu::tu:

That might explain their bitterness and this plastic nonsense.

Sleepless nights and regular changes of underwear ahead for the Blackburn solid cases.

:laugh:

You were 200 short of selling out bud, you required nay more.

5,500 was ample.

Bull dust. We'd easily have sold 7k if it was available and on this soiling ourselves business Preston fans were very quiet when the town , er sorry City was teaming with Blackburn fans.

Your just typical of a few other small time outfits who suddenly bring a huge following to Ewood we've heard it all before. Next up you'll over taking the home stands and all that mythical rubbish. Just get into your numb little North End minds that we've had 7k Man Yoo, Liverpool, City regularly in that end regularly for over a decade. Also thousands of Evertonians, Geordies, Mackems and more recently Leeds & Boro. Even Bolton nearly filled it once at £10 a ticket :lol:

Best of the lot 7k drunk Celtic fans so if you think anyone is bothered about toytown Preston your kidding yourselves but carry on if it makes you happy. Fact is you don't even register.

I wouldn't have sat in the Tom Finney stand with a few thousand very quiet Northenders, if I could have got a ticket with the Rovers fans. We had sold out.

Me to Den. Me and my lad had to sit in the STF Stand with plenty of other Rovers fans and I bought my tickets the weekend before the game.

Strange bunch North-Enders, all they ever want to talk about is attendances. 30+ years of hearing if we where in the same league we'd get thousands more....

None of them seem to have an opinion on, or want to discuss football.

Boredom drove me to have a look at tinpot PNE's forum and they've obviously been reading here with regularity. Seems a few nerves have been touched ha ha. Their bitterness now knows no bounds, it was simmering before now it's boiling and it's hilarious. Of course attendances seem to still be their favourite topic revelling in our reduced crowds since relegation yet still calling us plastics !

Come on lads surely it's mostly the plastics that have deserted us long ago and what we have is a hardcore 12k. A 12k that they can't get despite being at their highest level for 6 years or so. They also conveniently forget how small their gates were when they were really struggling aside from the odd one of course. If their support was any better than ours they'd have got good gates standing by them in the 3rd / 4th divisions and not just turning up again when they started climbing back up. These lot and the dingles are one and the same when it comes to Rovers...deluded.

Oh yes and we won the league and it was '/#$%%#@ brilliant :D:D

Boredom drove me to have a look at tinpot PNE's forum and they've obviously been reading here with regularity. Seems a few nerves have been touched ha ha. Their bitterness now knows no bounds, it was simmering before now it's boiling and it's hilarious. Of course attendances seem to still be their favourite topic revelling in our reduced crowds since relegation yet still calling us plastics !

Come on lads surely it's mostly the plastics that have deserted us long ago and what we have is a hardcore 12k. A 12k that they can't get despite being at their highest level for 6 years or so. They also conveniently forget how small their gates were when they were really struggling aside from the odd one of course. If their support was any better than ours they'd have got good gates standing by them in the 3rd / 4th divisions and not just turning up again when they started climbing back up. These lot and the dingles are one and the same when it comes to Rovers...deluded.

Oh yes and we won the league and it was '/#$%%#@ brilliant :D:D

You'll find that the hardcore as gone below 10k crowds for home games tomphil.

What I don't get is how selling out their allocation for a game down the road is supposed to be some monumental achievement?

And if anything, doesn't it show what a draw we are for them? :)

What I don't get is how selling out their allocation for a game down the road is supposed to be some monumental achievement?

And if anything, doesn't it show what a draw we are for them? :)

That's exactly what it shows but as you can tell with this thread their ain't much interest up our way and I doubt the home stands will be much different to usual :(

What cracks me up is their outdated bitterness because of our glory years, you'd think it was 1996. I suppose it comes down to the fact they've never been able to get it off their chests because we've hardly played them since whereas Burnley and Bolton have got over it now. ;)

I'm told by the one unbitter North End fan I know that there is never usually more than 8k on night games in actual attendance. 9/10 thousand in the ground is a good gate for them :rover:

You are getting some grief for being a 'die hard rovers fan from Chorley'... this was posted by a Preston fan from... Euxton ^_^

Had a look at their forum, not one mention of football....

Its all about how much they hate us, but don't care about us either, oh and lots on attendances / no. of tickets sold.

The posts on here intruiged me and I had a venture over onto their forum.

I thought the attendance thing was an exaggeration, but they more or less have a running total!

Their hate for us, and insecurities that go with it is quite amusing, particularly as we couldn't give a f*** about them!

Bolton also tend to have the small club, done nothing for decades complex too.

Come on guys - this game is the only thing keeping our season alive!!!

During my years living in Preston I met a lot of *decent folk

.......*all University students from other countries.

The locals were all wannabe scouse and manc kunts. Proper The Hills Have Eyes types.

You are getting some grief for being a 'die hard rovers fan from Chorley'... this was posted by a Preston fan from... Euxton ^_^

lol I probably know one or two of them on there I'm just waiting to be outed :lol:

They certainly keep a close eye on here which is bizarre but just for your info Nobbers I come from near Brinscall which is a stones throw from Ewood :tu:

P!SS POT PRESTON NORTH END....you should have stuck with the cricket!

They'll be having a laugh as they look out at 9- 10 k Rovers fans sprinkled around the stadium and Chris Brown on the Rovers team sheet.

Just hope the team can get a result.

Archived