BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pne. Early Ko 12.30

barry_

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No not on TV,the reason is the police,beginning of season police inspector for Blackburn in conjunction with Stuart Caley stadium manager advised that Burnley,Pteston,Leeds and Bolton are all 1230 kick offs,only reason Bolton wasn't ,it got changed to Friday night.

And yet Preston v Rovers ko 3.00 was not moved by Lancs Constabulary!?!? Makes no sense. Incidentally there wasn't any trouble at Deepdale.

1. Sky

2. Police

3. Fans away club request

4. Money

5. fans

it seems that the fans are considered last, if at all. And they wonder why numbers through the door (forget the official attendance) continues to decline. EVERYBODY accommodated apart from the fans at the club - only at Rovers :blink:

Its disgraceful but not surprising. Good old Rovers just do as they are told and stuff the supporters. Then they wonder why so many people get fed up of it. We've got 8 home games left this season, and only 3 of them are 3pm kick offs. Fair enough there wasn't much we could do about some of them, but to agree to move Leeds and Preston to lunchtime kick offs for no reason is pathetic.

If crowd trouble is a concern then perhaps we should avoid allocating Preston and Leeds 7,000 tickets. No other club in this country offers away teams such a large number of tickets. Why do we? Especially when it seems one of the reasons for the suggested 12:30pm kick off is because of the large away followings expected.

I've already complained at length about the disgraceful treatment of Rovers supporters by the club who forcibly relocated loyal season ticket holders from their seats in the Riverside stand before the Burnley game to provide a completely unnecessary area of segregation whilst allowing Burnley fans to take over the entire Darwen End. Surprise surprise we're going to Burnley next week yet there is no problem with Burnley fans sharing the Cricket Field stand with away fans or with Burnley fans being in the Bob Lord stand.

This has got to stop, and heads need to roll.

• Moderation Lead

I think someone else may have made the point already, and I hope this isn't interpreted as a dig at the Fans Forum, as it's no such thing, but is there any chance this could be raised at the next meeting?

We pretty much have the finance director running the club now so these things will continue to happen. With big sales out the door and money coming in to run the club along with the cost cutting and cheap/loan replacements we very much now have the franchise model that the Vs wanted. Another reason why I think it's deluded to expect them to invest big in summer.

A lot of it was needed of course but the football must come first otherwise it all falls down eventually, something they'll never learn. I'm sure if you ask Paul Lambert & co if they want to play in front of 17k at home with nearly half of it being a huge bank of away fans roaring, or the usual crowd with just a few thousand in the DE upper I think I know which they'd prefer in terms of help getting a result !

End of the day, cash talks, if they think PNE can flog 7000, they'll give them 7000.

However, the stand holds around 7500, so as we saw for West Ham, the first 3 or so rows of the Darwen End will be netted off, they'll probably net even more off for PNE, and as the ground isn't a bowl, that is more than enough segregation.

There is absolutely no need to be netting off parts of the Riverside and BOTH tiers of the Jack Walker.

There was more segregation for Rovers v West Ham (and for Rovers/Liverpool) than for Rangers/Celtic games!

Health and Safety overkill.

Applies to anything and everything in modern day Britain. The whole lot needs binning.

Then vote 'out' in June for a start.

Sorry, off topic.

End of the day, cash talks, if they think PNE can flog 7000, they'll give them 7000.

However, the stand holds around 7500, so as we saw for West Ham, the first 3 or so rows of the Darwen End will be netted off, they'll probably net even more off for PNE, and as the ground isn't a bowl, that is more than enough segregation.

There is absolutely no need to be netting off parts of the Riverside and BOTH tiers of the Jack Walker.

There was more segregation for Rovers v West Ham (and for Rovers/Liverpool) than for Rangers/Celtic games!

Both the Darwen End and Blackburn End stands were built with 8,000 seats each, 5,000 lower and 3,000 upper. Why on earth top tier front rows are netted off, I've no idea. As for bottom tier front rows, the club has no history of pitch invasions in the last 25 years.

Its what happens when you have absent landlords and a lack of day to to day solid admin and management.

There are non league clubs who have better functioning management structures than Rovers at the moment.

Amateur doesn't begin to describe us.

There is also the possibility Venkys won't pay for extra Policing so have to comply with LC advice for minimising crowd trouble. Hence capitulating to totally over the top demands in order to facilitate easier policing of the event.

Isn't one MB member in the Lancs Constabulary? and so has some insight into these matters. I seem to remember someone posting about how these decisions were made, back when the United Nations first started to Police Rovers v Burnley games.

segregation is one thing. Changing the kick off time to circumvent any trouble is another. There wasn't any trouble at Deepdale.Why is the ko (not) at 3.

On a side note, last season, Leeds scum caused trouble outside the ground... have they been penalised this year with less tickets? Answers on a postcard...

A lot of Leeds were behaving like drunken vermin on the way down to the ground singing the derogatory JW song and generally looking for bother. You'd have thought it was a big derby or something but that's what happens when you hand over such huge allocations. The once per season brigade turnout as well as other groups of bell ends who can't normally get tickets so never travel away.

I don't have to much of a prob with the segregation but moving kick off times is just pathetic. If they aren't going to behave then don't let them come.

Well Leeds isn't one and we don't know for sure whether Bolton could have been 12:30. Would games against Blackpool and the Manchester clubs now be changed as well?

We do know for sure,Bolton was 1230 until changed to Friday night,along with the other 3 fixtures,not made known to the public,but the police made their minds up shortly after the fixtures came out,trust me I was told very early on in season by someone who was defo in the know,and the fans forum would not have changed their minds

These KO times were announced some time ago.

As proven recently - Police cannot decide or enforce but Rovers seem to go along with it.

Burnley refused to move a kick off time last season/season before and also refused to move fans out of the away stand for our fixture.

Basically a recommendation is made that the club can go with or can reject. In the case of Rovers the people employed want the easy life and basically do whatever is suggested as the most convenient course of action. This includes moving kick off times to the detriment of the home crowd and atmosphere (Leeds and Preston), forcibly relocating season ticket holders from seats they have held for years without warning them at the start of the season that it might happen (Burnley), netting off areas of the ground & reducing capacity when tickets could be sold (Liverpool), handing away teams an advantage by giving them allocations of 7,000+ when no other club in English football ever offers more than 5,000 or so (Preston being second highest).

There's a catalogue of occasions when Rovers seem to prefer to punish their own supporters in order to facilitate better relationships with other clubs/the police. For me Rovers should have an obligation to whenever possible do what is best for the team and its supporters

Bolton could have raised more money when we played them last season by freeing up more seats in the lower tier used for segregation and then relocating their own supporters to provide a buffer zone. They didn't do that because they know better than to actively p!ss off your own fans, especially in the Championship. The financial argument is unacceptable. We could still offer 5,000+ to the away team with ample segregation around the edges of the Darwen End without having to net off areas of the Riverside and Jack Walker.

The police can't make us do it. Just like they can't make Man Utd close a block when they play City or Arsenal reduce capacity when they play Spurs. It doesn't happen because those clubs don't allow it to.

Burnley could have made more money by giving Rovers the entire Cricket Field stand and moving their fans into other areas of the ground. That was never on the agenda for them though. Any segregation comes out of the away allocation, not at the expense of home fans.

This is a recent phenomenon which if I were a betting man would suggest has come about with the change in staff responsible for these decisions. Amazingly we spent 20 years in the Premier League with 7,000+ followings from United, Liverpool, Everton every season without having to close parts of the home ends and push season ticket holders elsewhere.

the question is how can we change this?

By doing the one thing Venkys resolutely refuse to do. Putting in place a functioning admin & management structure that is capable of handling the nuts and bolts daily business of a professional football club.

Currently Rovers is run like a fiefdom, with Ewood staff treated like serfs, and the supporters like ungrateful peasants.

I wish this season would end tomorrow.

Here's hoping that Burnley miss out on the play-offs, Bolton and Rovers stop up, ideally with Rovers pipping Preston on the last day. We may even see Wigan back. Then we can look forward to next season and getting Rovers back on top of the mob.

Another season in the Championship whilst watching Bumley become one of the 25 richest clubs in the world would be hard to stomach.

• 2 weeks later...

I got told off a nobber that it's the gents day thing when they play us . No idea what the tinpot idea idea is/about and couldn't care less . Alls I know it's when a load of nobbers wear bowler hats and look like tits .

My question to Lancashire plod is this :

Police wouldn't let rovers fans at Burnley in the ground with masks yesterday ... Will you be letting Preston fans wear things at ewood or is it just rovers fans being victimised again?

I wish this season would end tomorrow.

Here's hoping that Burnley miss out on the play-offs, Bolton and Rovers stop up, ideally with Rovers pipping Preston on the last day. We may even see Wigan back. Then we can look forward to next season and getting Rovers back on top of the mob.

Another season in the Championship whilst watching Bumley become one of the 25 richest clubs in the world would be hard to stomach.

Tomorrow is a long time!

I think the whole season just mirrors the years since Venky's pulled us down. Wasted time! This season they acted too late...again!

If they don't back Lambert in the summer......

Archived