BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pne. Early Ko 12.30

barry_

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

apologies, but your forum name alludes to you having mammary glands and a front bum.

Your a Rovers fan from Brinscall but haven't heard of Abbey Villages most famous blue and white son ? :o

Young'un or a knobber.....

Stating the obvious it may be but the handball on the line by Duffy and the subsequent red card played a huge part in the final outcome of the game. Up until that point we had been the better side, deservedly taking the lead. All things pointed towards an home victory. I can't be too critical of Duffy for the handball. Easy to say in hindsight but you shouldn't risk going for an handball there with so long left to play. Never really recovered in the first half down to ten men and it was no surprise when we went behind.

Second half was improved. Switched to three at the back, Lenihan dropping back and Marshall & Spurr being pushed forward to play wing-back positions. Unsurprisingly it was still Preston creating all the best goalscoring opportunities, some good last ditch defending and bad finishing stopped them from adding to their total. Our best chance for a goal in the second half was a penalty appeal when Brown was fouled, looked like a clear penalty from where I was, knocked the ball past the defender and then was clipped from behind. Late chance from Graham as well but he never really got much power behind the shot.

Don't often mention opposition players but I thought Gallagher was terrific on his return. True he was given a lot of space in midfield but it was interesting to watch how impressive he was in a deep-lying creative midfield role, spraying the ball around for fun at times.

We do need wholesale changes to improve the team in the summer if we are going to be competitive again next season. I'd be fairly happy with Hanley/Duffy/Lenihan/Evans as a decent spine to build the team around and hopefully we can manage to keep hold of Graham upfront, who will score goals at this level. Outside of that we do need an overhaul, some pace at fullback and in attacking positions would be nice.

Have to wonder, if Duffy had got straight to his feet and pretended like nothing happened, could we have blagged it?

Instead, he stayed on the floor like a naughty schoolboy.

I thought he'd got away with it at first as the ref hesitated and looked across. I'm presumed the linesman on that side gave it.

• Moderation Lead

What we need and what we actually get are two different things. I feel like I need a lottery win, but I go to work Monday to Friday....

Have to wonder, if Duffy had got straight to his feet and pretended like nothing happened, could we have blagged it?

Instead, he stayed on the floor like a naughty schoolboy.

Nope, linesman (Riverside side) flagged as soon as he stopped it going in.

• Backroom

He actually took a second or two it was agonising but thought he got away with it for a second.

I was confused too when the linesman flagged to signal a free kick and forgot to put the flag across his chest

He actually took a second or two it was agonising but thought he got away with it for a second.

I was confused too when the linesman flagged to signal a free kick and forgot to put the flag across his chest

If I'd been near enough, it wouldn't have been across his chest.

Disagree it's the 1St time we've lost to Preston at Ewood since 1979 it's another low

As for Gomez I doubt he put 100% in

I ain't bothered about another pointless record against a side we have barely played in the past 20 years or so.

I have already comment on Gomez's poor performance and I wouldn't be signing in come the summer. performances haven't been good enough to warrant us signing him

8 or 9 quality signings , Chaddy ....Can you really see our absent owners sanctioning that ?

I guess we will find out come the end of the season and this summer.

I still reckon that Lambert will get 10-15 million budget come this summer

I still reckon that Lambert will get 10-15 million budget come this summer

Based on what? There's less than zero evidence for it and over 5 years of history against it.

If Ewood fell into an abyss you'd still reckon the pitch would be in great shape for the next game.

You've made more u-turns than a waltzer and had more unfathomable 'reckons' based on less evidence than mystic meg reading tea leaves than soft mick. It's halarious. Keep it up :)

The ONLY fathomable side of the fence is with Gav on the "this club is fkd whilst the indian idiots own it"

Archived