BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pne. Early Ko 12.30

barry_

Duffy has tweeted an apology to the team, what about the fans?? Accepts he made the wrong decision & will learn from it!!?

Good for you that you've not made a mistake under pressure, you're one of the few. Thanks for your support.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That preston supporter in the JW when they scored looked like a right scumbag.

I noticed he looked a bit 'dirty' before the game even started.

Anyway, at least the kids stepped up and let it be known they'll be no @#/? taking in the home end. Good entertainment all round.

I can't understand people criticising Duffy. It was a pure reaction and the majority of players would have done the same. Much more than Duffy our keeper cost us today. For their first he has to hold the shot or push it away from goal they don't get a free shot. I also think he should have done better for their second. A ball at that height across the six yard box should always be the keepers. Until the penalty we weren't in any trouble at all. Credit to Lambert for changing the shape completely by playing three at the back. Unfortunately Marshall didn't look comfortable in a wing back role. On the evidence of the last few games Gomez would be too much of an expensive luxury if he signed permanently. Akpan was also poor overall.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that we would have won with eleven men.

The referee was poor and his inconsistency was infuriating. He bottled the Brown penalty big time and how the Preston captain wasn't booked for his assault on Bennett was a mystery.

Thought Marshall played really well in that role myself. The rest of the side the less said the better.

As for Duffy what he did was completely stupid in the cold light of day but I have a little bit of sympathy as in the heat of battle the immediate instinctive reaction must be to keep the ball out at all costs.

Thought Marshall played really well in that role myself. The rest of the side the less said the better.

As for Duffy what he did was completely stupid in the cold light of day but I have a little bit of sympathy as in the heat of battle the immediate instinctive reaction must be to keep the ball out at all costs.

Marshall was caught in possession too much for my liking. Duffy's reaction was completely instinctive and the brain doesn't compute quick enough to consider the consequences, it happens in a split second. As I said though a competent keeper would have done better with the shot.

Good for you that you've not made a mistake under pressure, you're one of the few. Thanks for your support.

Are you Shane Duffy? I have supported the club, through good/bad for 40 years. I'm a professional, and in life have made many mistakes.

I don't get paid anywhere near as much as Duffy (who I generally praise if you read my posts), and I don't make my mistakes in front of 21,000 paying members of the public, me included.

He's admitted he got it wrong. Disappointed 14,000 paying fans, me included.

Just making an observation.

Was made up when we signed Gomez but the lad doesn't effect the game for 90 mins enough. Something of a Jordan Rhodes situation, a luxury that we can't afford to play. I've seen enough to pass on him unless they don't want a fee.

I really can't stand Jason Steele, I've made no secret of it I suppose but that lad is frigging garbage.

I've tried to lay off him but it's clear now after his time here that over the course of a season he isn't good enough really. Or I shoud say there is better out there. He had a few moments of match/point winning saves but so does every keeper and the number of times we say 'could have done better for that' is getting ridiculous now.

He's just another symptom of the downgrade, maybe Robbo the dingle had to go because of his wages and he had his flaws but he was still twice the keeper this lad will ever be.

I really can't stand Jason Steele, I've made no secret of it I suppose but that lad is frigging garbage.

Sadly our succession have non-managers have made sure that any leaders in the team were removed or not recruited - including goalkeepers. Because none of the people in charge had any credibility they made sure that nobody in the team could undermine them. A secure, experienced, confident manager would have no such hang ups and would encourage several leaders to emerge - and recruit them too.

Oh and our keepers since Robinson have all been average and/or green. It's an area we still need to address. Recruiting a first team goalkeeper could go a long way. David Marshall should be head-hunted - although he will cost actual money.

Are you Shane Duffy? I have supported the club, through good/bad for 40 years. I'm a professional, and in life have made many mistakes.

I don't get paid anywhere near as much as Duffy (who I generally praise if you read my posts), and I don't make my mistakes in front of 21,000 paying members of the public, me included.

He's admitted he got it wrong. Disappointed 14,000 paying fans, me included.

Just making an observation.

I thought that would be the response. Our true fans are are few and far between.

Was made up when we signed Gomez but the lad doesn't effect the game for 90 mins enough. Something of a Jordan Rhodes situation, a luxury that we can't afford to play. I've seen enough to pass on him unless they don't want a fee.

Agree, should have been sacrificed on the sending off. When you are playing a derby, we needed spirit. Lenihan showed it, Jordi didn't. Not a Rover.

I can't understand people criticising Duffy. It was a pure reaction and the majority of players would have done the same. Much more than Duffy our keeper cost us today. For their first he has to hold the shot or push it away from goal they don't get a free shot. I also think he should have done better for their second. A ball at that height across the six yard box should always be the keepers. Until the penalty we weren't in any trouble at all. Credit to Lambert for changing the shape completely by playing three at the back. Unfortunately Marshall didn't look comfortable in a wing back role. On the evidence of the last few games Gomez would be too much of an expensive luxury if he signed permanently. Akpan was also poor overall.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that we would have won with eleven men.

The referee was poor and his inconsistency was infuriating. He bottled the Brown penalty big time and how the Preston captain wasn't booked for his assault on Bennett was a mystery.

? Don't criticise Duffy ? Why ? Brain dead decision from him

I've tried to lay off him but it's clear now after his time here that over the course of a season he isn't good enough really. Or I shoud say there is better out there. He had a few moments of match/point winning saves but so does every keeper and the number of times we say 'could have done better for that' is getting ridiculous now.

He's just another symptom of the downgrade, maybe Robbo the dingle had to go because of his wages and he had his flaws but he was still twice the keeper this lad will ever be.

Sadly our succession have non-managers have made sure that any leaders in the team were removed or not recruited - including goalkeepers. Because none of the people in charge had any credibility they made sure that nobody in the team could undermine them. A secure, experienced, confident manager would have no such hang ups and would encourage several leaders to emerge - and recruit them too.

Oh and our keepers since Robinson have all been average and/or green. It's an area we still need to address. Recruiting a first team goalkeeper could go a long way. David Marshall should be head-hunted - although he will cost actual money.

I've made this point countless times before and I'll say it again...

The Championship is a league EVERY team should be planning to get out of, despite if it's realistic or not, teams should aspiring to put a team together that can push for the top 6. Karanka has looked at Jason Steele and decided, pretty quickly, that this lad is just not good enough. Therefore he shouldn't be good enough for us, as a squad player... fine... but not a number 1 for us, ever.

Duffy has tweeted an apology to the team, what about the fans?? Accepts he made the wrong decision & will learn from it!!

Bang average season just got worse.

PL needs funds, end of. god only knows what goes through our poor excuse for owners minds. Too busy counting how much money they've lost?

Oh good his apology will stop my bombardment

? Don't criticise Duffy ? Why ? Brain dead decision from him

It was an instinctive reaction and any players natural reaction would be to prevent a goal. If there are similar circumstances on Tuesday I think another player would do exactly the same.

It was an instinctive reaction and any players natural reaction would be to prevent a goal. If there are similar circumstances on Tuesday I think another player would do exactly the same.

My view for what little worth it has, is you judge the situation. It was a 1/3 into the game, we are one up and bossing the game. I was behind the goal, and he did what he did deliberately to "save" a goal. No-one around me thought it was instinctive - any player knows you do that you walk. So we go 1-1, but he stays on the pitch. Even game - I can see it in the last 10 minutes possibly, but a pen is more often scored than not. Just changed the game. Don't buy the instinctive thing at all. He's a defender, kicks and heads, doesn't use his hands. No need when on the line in the scenario we had?

I would really like to see Raya given a second chance.If he is going to make he needs to play games.Steele by all accounts is average.We have not had a keeper that saved us 15pts a season since brad.

Totally disagree. Did he not spread his whole body including arms and hands? He's a defender not a keeper.

Raya has a lot of promise, but instead of spending the season out on loan, gaining vital experience, he's sat on our bench- with Eastwood still around. Very strange.

Why not give him a game or two? Plenty of dead rubbers till May.

Archived