BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pne. Early Ko 12.30

barry_

• Backroom

Apart from booking Bennett and ward I don't see what the ref got wrong. Both pen decisions were correct. The sending off was the only option. Duffy put us in a terrible position and we paid for it

If Bennett was booked then Pearson had to be booked, he also had to be booked for lunge that lead to it

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duffy this season reminds me of Hanley last season, solid and dependable one minute then a lumbering, brainless liability the next. He's improved on last season though so next season is a big one, cut out the crap and he should be ok but I'd still like to see an experienced guy next to Hanley over the course of a season I think.

Keeping it short.

Duffy from hero to ZERO - what was he thinking about? Much easier to go back to the game at 1-1 with 11 on the pitch.

Gomez more like Gormless - a total waste of space.

Some shocking defending cost us and PNE should really have scored 6. Why did they give Gallagher so much space as he controlled everything they did?

WRONG TEAM WRONG TACTICS AND JUST A POOR EFFORT ALL ROUND.

Ward was very good one lazy back pass but otherwise very classy.

Brown had a very good impact when he came on but typically the one chance he had at goal was a weak effort.

Bennet again was impressive.

Steele was poor, should have handled the first better and his kicking suspect.

I thought Bennett was shocking today. There was one occasion towards the end when we were attacking and Marshall had the opportunity to release Bennett with a quick throw near the right hand corner of the box. Had Bennett been looking that is. He'd just slouched away disinterested with his back to Marshall and the chance was gone. Lambert's signed a real dud there imo.

Brown was appalling when he came on, as always. Should be nowhere near a professional football field.

As for the game overall I thought we were poor after we went down to ten and Preston should have won by quite some margin in the second half with steadier finishing but not too much can be read into today after Duffy put us in a difficult position with his stupidity.

If Bennett was booked then Pearson had to be booked, he also had to be booked for lunge that lead to it

I've no problem with the refs pen decision and sending Duffy off (don't want to see him in a Rovers shirt again). But for me the ref made too many errors and booked too many players. Poor ref at this level but he's not alone.

Only Duffy to blame sadly.

Lots of annoying and bad decisions from the ref but I thought he got the two penalties correct - unfortunately.

How was it not a pen for Rovers and not a yellow for diving.

From most angles it looked pretty clear cut and the ref bottled it. We must be the only team in the league who never get homer referees.

Three people to blame

1. Whoever let watt play when starting injured .One of worst decisions I've ever seen . It was obvious he couldn't play during the warm up . Made impact on subs

2. Duffy .. A brain dead decision . Up there with Chris Taylor

3. The ref

He is moved up to George Courtney status .

Preparing for a @#/? week now .

Thanks venkys .

Reduced to being beaten of them delusional pricks and every time I think we may have bottomed out the Venky rape gets lower n lower

• Backroom

He WAS booked for diving.

Nope

Brown was fouled and Graham booked for arguing.

Same scenario before their goal either Graham was fouled and a red card or he dived

When your backs are against the wall, you're down to 10 men and the natives are restless you need everyone to pull their tripe out and give that extra 10%.

Step forward Jordi Gomez with a complete no show. I believe it's the players awards in a couple of weeks, Gomez has just walked the "couldn't give a sh1te" award with that 'performance'.

• Backroom

One thing we learnt from todays game, Paul Lambert must move heaven and earth to bring Paul Gallagher back to the club he loves. Top drawer player at this level.

One thing we learnt from todays game, Paul Lambert must move heaven and earth to bring Paul Gallagher back to the club he loves. Top drawer player at this level.

Very rare I clap an away player but nice touch him coming over to the rovers fans after the game. Never really had a fair crack when here and would have liked to have seen him given more of a chance

It was nice to see Gally clap the BBE before taking a corner in the first half

When your backs are against the wall, you're down to 10 men and the natives are restless you need everyone to pull their tripe out and give that extra 10%.

Step forward Jordi Gomez with a complete no show. I believe it's the players awards in a couple of weeks, Gomez has just walked the "couldn't give a sh1te" award with that 'performance'.

Why should any of the players in on loan give a flying one when push comes to shove? Therein lies part of the problem imo and you can't build a team consisting largely of loanees imo, the loan system should only be used sparingly to supplement the squad if you're short in a particular position or one particular player could make a massive difference on a temporary basis.

Archived