BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pne. Early Ko 12.30

barry_

He's done that celebration before I think. Anyway, at best its banter, hardly worth getting worked up about. He's an annoying little player in the mould of Dickov.

Gutted about the result, daft thing for Duffy to do, but yet another error from Steele to push an average shot straight back out into his 6 yard box, and Marshall completely out of position allowed their winger to pick out an easy ball before that.

Poor refereeing performance, he didn't have a clue. Haven't seen the Brown penalty incident, but clear foul on Gomez in the build up, which we had no advantage from. Also looked a foul on Graham on the edge of their box, as they broke for their first goal.

Shame really, because for the period before the sending off, we where well on top, and unfortunate to just be one goal ahead.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be interesting to see how many rock up at Ewood in five or six years time if we remain in the same division. Certainly wont be anywhere near half of yesterdays attendance.

If a dog was born in a stable does that make it a horse ?

That's a donkey ain't it

doesn't garner do a bird impression thing every time he scores?

One of their fans was telling me in the Ewood WMC after the game (yes I know - they were allowed in wearing PNE scarves FFS!) that he does a similar goal celebration every time he scores. My reply of "How can you remember that?" was possibly not the best piece of comic timing I've ever managed.

Overheard a Preston fan on the train back claiming there were 2,500 PNE in the Blackburn End. had to laugh and even the PNE fan I was talking to agreed he was an idiot. I'm sure there were a few dotted about but the only 1 I was aware of in the JW was the 1 the police were laying into after their first goal, presuming he was PNE.

I thought we played well until the penalty and would have gone on to win but that changed the game completely. Can't blame Duffy that much as I'm sure it was just a reaction but no idea why people were clapping him off for basically costing us the game.

Not sure about our penalty appeal as didn't have a good view, looking like he went down in instalments, presumably miss- controlled it, but would like to see a replay.

All in all it was a fair result.

Yesterday was Another low in the Venky's reign

Showed yet again we really are devoid of anything in the squad as for the loanees Gomez complete waste of space didn't look interested nor did Graham is head looked down I doubt either will be here next season possibly the behind the scenes antics mid week hasn't helped.

To make the squad into anything near a promotion challenging side it may take as many as a dozen or so changes we really need major surgery

Will PL be the man to do this I'd say at this moment in time it's looking more and more unlikely

On a pleasing note Paul Gallagher proved what a model gracious professional he is

I think Graham will be Lambert 1st summer target.

Also expecting a new CEO in shortly

Have you got a direct link into Pune

Since Venky's reign we've expected a lot of things as par for course but the opposite as happened

What is the point of a CEO with no power - non whatsoever

As I have said yesterday was yet another low under these owners

As I have said yesterday was yet another low under these owners

I totally disagree.

Yesterday showed that Lambert's tactics changes and we were still a threat with 10 men. The players are playing for the manager. Only player who look poor was Gomez.

It showed that the owners need to back Lambert with a good budget during the summer and we will b top 6

Disagree it's the 1St time we've lost to Preston at Ewood since 1979 it's another low

Putting in effort against a mid table Preston side isn't enough if you were pleased with yesterday you need to give your head a wobble the result yes result Was another record breaker

As for Gomez I doubt he put 100% in

Chaddyrovers is the moon made of cheese

Reading between the lines with PL interview this week thing's were pretty alarming

I thought the tactical changes after the sending off from PL were poor. We pulled a striker off and gave up the midfield completely which allowed them as much time and space as they wanted to run the game. Hasty change cost us I reckon. 2nd half was better but we were chasing the game anyway by then.

Were we a threat with 10 men though Chaddy?

Apart from when Graham nearly got infront of his man at the near post, and when he cut inside and shot at the end, did we have any real chances or pressure? A few long throws and that was it.

We competed well and didn't fold like against West Ham. We also limited them to only a few decent chances and situations. However I never thought we were going to score.

I think it's as likely that Preston stopped committing forward as they had got infront. The key time in the game,the 20 minutes after Duffy had got sent off, we got pushed back way too much. We really needed to frustrate Preston for longer.

I totally disagree.

Yesterday showed that Lambert's tactics changes and we were still a threat with 10 men. The players are playing for the manager. Only player who look poor was Gomez.

It showed that the owners need to back Lambert with a good budget during the summer and we will b top 6

Nope I was angry at Lambert yesterday with the subs and tactics. They bossed it easily with 11 almost taking the @#/? at times and only wasteful finishing kept it from being about 4 or 5. Fair play to the players they did put a shift in with the odd exception but I thought the tactics and subs made it harder for them than maybe it could have been.

Also on Hoyland, didn't hear the commentary but have seen quite a few on twitter angry at it. He's an ex dingle at the end of the day and in playing terms if Brown had stayed at his natural level he would have been Hoyland mk2. I think that's all that needs to be said about that so called 'expert summariser' .

Expecting Graham to stay here next season.

Squad needs 8 or 9 signings to challenge for promotion

Why are you expecting this ? If things go the way they are heading why?

I totally disagree.

So getting beat of Preston isn't a low ?

Why are you expecting this ? If things go the way they are heading why?

So getting beat of Preston isn't a low ?

on paper it's no lower than getting beat by any team in the division, but being as they're a neighbouring club with less than 10 miles between us, then of course it's going to hurt like a low punch in a boxing ring.

best way to look at at it is that we've had a two leg tie with them, we won 1-2 at theirs, and they won 1-2 at ours, resulting in a draw over the tie. see, feels better, doesn't it?

Archived