SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dunn Named As Under 21's Assistant Manager

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who does he think he is?

Ironic, who do you think you are?

You post is just one massive rant about Dunn, telling him how he should or shouldn't act, telling us Rovers fans how we should or shouldn't see a former player, accusations about how he got the job etc.

I see you managed to shoehorn in another tedious United reference and a "the Millwall game is bigger than Burnley" one too.

Ironic, who do you think you are?

You post is just one massive rant about Dunn, telling him how he should or shouldn't act, telling us Rovers fans how we should or shouldn't see a former player, accusations about how he got the job etc.

I see you managed to shoehorn in another infuriating United reference and a "the Millwall game is bigger than Burnley" one too.

Yeah well I've got perfectly legitimate and justifiable reasons for hating United as I've attempted to explain when I shouldn't have to. Its a shame Dunn never seemed to care about the fixture in the slightest.

I can justify the vast majority of what I've said and done in the past. Yet you think you can justify bullying and abusing me while people like this didn't even get a mention on here.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/11121961.East_Lancs_teen_sparks_fury_after_vile_twitter_message_to_Burnley_player/

Yeah people like that didn't even warrant one mention on here but taking a few harmless digs at United is so infuriating.

• Backroom

What does he have to do with this forum Vinjay? Unless you can point him out to being a poster on here

I can't see anyone being anything but disgusted by his actions.

Yeah well I've got perfectly legitimate and justifiable reasons for hating United. Its a shame Dunn never seemed to care about the fixture in the slightest.

I can justify the vast majority of what I've said and done in the past. Yet you think you can justify bullying and abusing me while people like this didn't even get a mention on here.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/11121961.East_Lancs_teen_sparks_fury_after_vile_twitter_message_to_Burnley_player/

Yeah people like that don't even warrant a mention on here but taking a few harmless digs at United is so infuriating.

I've not abused you or bullied you.

Dunn doesn't have to care about any fixture anymore than any other fixture, just because you do.

You've dropped in a United reference in a thread about a former Rover with no affiliation to United, that's why its tedious (i edited the post to tedious but infuriating works too)

I've not brought up your past or asked you to justify it.

Why would i discuss a 2 year old article about Danny Ings being abused by a Rovers fan in a thread about David Dunn?

No that's your opinion just like your heavily disputed views on babysitter Bowyer. You're not talking records and figures here...and please don't use your patronisingly superior tone on me. Brian Clough didn't need a bit of paper to tell him how to manage.

Even people who are big fans of Dunn don't consider him suitable for the position. Yes some of my comments are more personal but that shouldn't detract from the legitimate argument that he is unfit for the position.

Rather have professionals at the club not people who throw out terms like "inbreds" on twitter. Especially not someone who's supposed to be a role model for youth now.

He is has all the coaching badges required for the position. His background and experience make him more than suitable. Why bring up United? They are not and never have been local rivals so why should anyone care anymore about United than Tottenham Hotspur or Manchester City for that matter. Under the old boundaries you might say City and United were derby matches but they never had the same level of importance attached to them as games against Burnley, Preston or Bolton. I think you need to remember that Blackburn Rovers began in 1875 and not 1991. Indeed the real derby that mattered to most in the early days was the clash with Darwen.

Yeah well I've got perfectly legitimate and justifiable reasons for hating United as I've attempted to explain when I shouldn't have to. Its a shame Dunn never seemed to care about the fixture in the slightest.

Yeah people like that didn't even warrant one mention on here but taking a few harmless digs at United is so infuriating.

what the hell has man utd hating got to with us? I couldn't care less about them . You really are a s**t stirrer of the highest order . Or puddled .

man-utd-badge-colour.jpg

I've not abused you or bullied you.

Dunn doesn't have to care about any fixture anymore than any other fixture, just because you do.

You've dropped in a United reference in a thread about a former Rover with no affiliation to United, that's why its tedious (i edited the post to tedious but infuriating works too)

I've not brought up your past or asked you to justify it.

Why would i discuss a 2 year old article about Danny Ings being abused by a Rovers fan in a thread about David Dunn?

It was just an example not just a pointless reference to United. I was just trying to use a strong example (and United was the strongest one for me) that goals against certain clubs don't make people legends. Even if I cared about Burnley games as much as others I still wouldn't consider Dunn a legend. What about my comparisons between Dunn and Wilcox (someone who was a fans scapegoat for years despite being far more successful than Dunn) was that tedious as well?

He is has all the coaching badges required for the position. His background and experience make him more than suitable. Why bring up United? They are not and never have been local rivals so why should anyone care anymore about United than Tottenham Hotspur or Manchester City for that matter. Under the old boundaries you might say City and United were derby matches but they never had the same level of importance attached to them as games against Burnley, Preston or Bolton. I think you need to remember that Blackburn Rovers began in 1875 and not 1991. Indeed the real derby that mattered to most in the early days was the clash with Darwen.

I'll just name the top 2 who would have disagreed with you. Jack Walker and Peter White. Try having some regard for other people's feelings before you go wishing luck to people like Jones. People said I wasn't a "real fan" for not wishing luck to him (not to mention all the abuse I took for being right about the Walker family/trustees) and you somehow wonder why I've stayed away the past few years.

what the hell has man utd hating got to with us? I couldn't care less about them . You really are a s**t stirrer of the highest order . Or puddled .

All about you and your feelings isn't it? A lot of people couldn't care less about Preston yet if anyone says that you go mad. How about responding to the comments I made about Robinson plus the above link? As I said my digs at United are harmless and perfectly normal for someone who started supporting Rovers in 1997. Maybe its the fact people like you kept abusing me for it why I brought up Burnley so much in the first place.

Said enough about this topic I'm going to try and be "less objective" for a while. Managed it the first few weeks back after all can we just call this a lapse?

It would be pretty hard for anyone to guess which random article from over history you wanted to discuss before we were allowed to question you on your irrational hatred for Dunn.

my lad is 17 and doesn't care less about utd Vinjay. Just had a word with utd fan here and told him about you ...he says its "cute".

Robinson? what are prattling on about ?

He has sold his soul and proves what mercenaries footballers are and he has lost my respect for joining our RIVALS (not utd)

It was just an example not just a pointless reference to United. I was just trying to use a strong example (and United was the strongest one for me) that goals against certain clubs don't make people legends. Even if I cared about Burnley games as much as others I still wouldn't consider Dunn a legend. What about my comparisons between Dunn and Wilcox (someone who was a fans scapegoat for years despite being far more successful than Dunn) was that tedious as well?

I'll just name the top 2 who would have disagreed with you. Jack Walker and Peter White. Try having some regard for other people's feelings before you go wishing luck to people like Jones. People said I wasn't a "real fan" for not wishing luck to him (not to mention all the abuse I took for being right about the Walker family/trustees) and you somehow wonder why I've stayed away the past few years.

Both Peter White and Jack Walker has an appreciation and love of the club's history which you seem to fail to grasp. Perhaps, it's good that your supporting City as they are the real rivals to United as both clubs are in Manchester and have nothing to do with Blackburn.

I don't think Dunn is a legend because he scored goals past Burnley or anyone else for that matter. I see him as a legend and that's my opinion.

If you see Wilcox as more of a legend than Dunn, then that's up to you.

This all becoming very very tedious for the more casual reader :( :(

Sorry about that. I'll stop.

I've quite enjoyed Vinners being back, the board is feeling busier than it has in a long time.

End of the day, he's said he has had issues with being over-obsessed with certain things and has sought help for it.

He's back and is actually buying tickets for games, subscribing to Rovers Player and so on- which is a hell of a lot more than half the posters on here do.

Get off his back about Man City and just debate the issues.

my lad is 17 and doesn't care less about utd Vinjay. Just had a word with utd fan here and told him about you ...he says its "cute".

Robinson? what are prattling on about ?

He has sold his soul and proves what mercenaries footballers are and he has lost my respect for joining our RIVALS (not utd)

You criticise a loyal player like Robbo, for taking a new job after being released by us.

You fully support the disloyal Rhodes who made it clear he wanted out nearly two years ago to rush off to Hull, or Boro, or anywhere else his Uncle was employed. Anywhere but us.

wouldn't of supported Rhodes if hed gone t'dingles either.

Why you support any player that makes it clear he doesn't want to play for the club anymore is strange. Good riddance as far as I am concerned.

But, but, he scored when he wanted. Well, pity he couldn't be arsed this season. Give me eleven players any-day that want to be here to represent the club.

On topic, I don't think the Dunn appointment is 'jobs for the boys' as I don't think Dunn and Lambert had much of a relationship before. Dunn has just been cleared as suitable for a role in management, so it is not unreasonable for us to employ him much lower down the chain. It is clear some that post on here have never played the game at any sort of standard. Junior's with talent are inspired by on-field ability, skill and exploits, all of which Dunn had in abundance. He will be the best and most skillful player in training and that counts highly with impressionable minds, still developing.

Whether he has the tactical / defensive nous required I am unaware, but others at the club can assist with that if need be.

I would imagine it is a simple as he resides locally, played PL football for donkeys, qualified for England and has recently been in higher management. Rover or non Rover, with the badges and qualifications he holds it is still a decent appointment, irrespective of mistakes made in his formative years.

Why you support any player that makes it clear he doesn't want to play for the club anymore is strange. Good riddance as far as I am concerned.

But, but, he scored when he wanted. Well, pity he couldn't be arsed this season. Give me eleven players any-day that want to be here to represent the club.

On topic, I don't think the Dunn appointment is 'jobs for the boys' as I don't think Dunn and Lambert had much of a relationship before. Dunn has just been cleared as suitable for a role in management, so it is not unreasonable for us to employ him much lower down the chain. It is clear some that post on here have never played the game at any sort of standard. Junior's with talent are inspired by on-field ability, skill and exploits, all of which Dunn had in abundance. He will be the best and most skillful player in training and that counts highly with impressionable minds, still developing.

Whether he has the tactical / defensive nous required I am unaware, but others at the club can assist with that if need be.

I would imagine it is a simple as he resides locally, played PL football for donkeys, qualified for England and has recently been in higher management. Rover or non Rover, with the badges and qualifications he holds it is still a decent appointment, irrespective of mistakes made in his formative years.

we don't have eleven even now.

I think Dunn will turn out to be a very good coach and eventually make it in management, might not be at the Rovers but he will one day.

Got his badges legitimately, played at the highest level, has a good footballing brain, a bit daft at times but hey that's footballers for you.

He can learn a lot of PL as well.

You criticise a loyal player like Robbo, for taking a new job after being released by us.

You fully support the disloyal Rhodes who made it clear he wanted out nearly two years ago to rush off to Hull, or Boro, or anywhere else his Uncle was employed. Anywhere but us.

He is ambitious. What's wrong with that? It's why he left Huddersfield for Rovers in the first place. If we'd have been challenging for the play-offs each season then I doubt he'd have wanted to go anywhere.

Nothing like the move that Robinson has made. Tail end of his career and wanted/needed a pay day. We'll argue could have gone elsewhere but maybe he wasn't getting any offers.

Nothing against either player. I wish Rhodes success and I wish Robinson failure. Nothing personal in each case.

Got to say having met Dunny recently he had lost none of his passion for the club or game. The guy has a natural infectious enthusiasm about him and hopefully that feeds through into his coaching.

Not sure of his management material but he will have to find his feet in this role first. Oldham obviously was a step too far at this stage of his career.

I was not best pleased with him at the time he tried to defend Kean but everyone can be prone to an error of judgement and I am sure he regrets it. I am sure we have all done things like that in our lives at some time or other.

The guy gave me great pleasure to watch at Ewood and before when at Brockhall developing with Johnson with the best crop of youngsters we produced with Duff, Taylor and Beattie since the 60's. He also knows the pain of the fans in our current plight right enough. I think he will be a great asset to the club and the youngsters.

Welcome back with open arms Dunny. You are one of us.

Archived